Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Episode 2: FUCKING AWESOME.

Cliffhanger after cliffhanger. Erik gets more interesting every minute, Tara managed not to act like a tool for once, and, well...I won't give it away for the rest of you. One of the best hours of the series thus far.

Me rikey very much.

2. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can someone please explain to me why Tara and her fucking mother haven't been killed off yet? Enough is enough.

3. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Terry is quickly becoming one of the better characters on the show. " I keep him under my bed and I named him Felix..."

It always disappoints me to see werewolves like this, basically they seem like they have Sam's ability but they can only change into wolves. They didn't seem stronger or bigger, Vampires are obviously way superior.

I don't know whether to credit the writing or the acting, but when you have a character that can pull of a line pondering if Santa Claus is real or not you have to be a little bit impressed.

Also does every state have a queen and king? I had thought that the Queen was the queen of all vampires not just the queen of Louisiana. Does the magistrate rank higher than the queen? Vampire politics are a little confusing to me.

All the story lines are interesting, should be a great season. They seem to be gravitating away from Tara's mom as well, that should help.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Apparently there's a king/queen for every state, which is pretty dumb. I mean, the king of Wyoming wouldn't exactly impress me, seeing over the two dozen people that live in his state.

It would also seem to be Sam is a lot more powerful that a Werewolf (seeing as his brother is like him too, and tried to kill him). If I were Sam, I'd go touch base at the natural history museum and turn myself into a Dinosaur. Can he do THAT (or do they have to be living)? He turned himself into a housefly at one point, so I don't see how he could ever be in danger in ANY situation.

It was good to see Godric again, even though he's dead. They probably can't use him much longer since he won't look 14 years old forever in real life.

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To follow up what Mike posted and since we have some superfans on this thread...

If every state or region has a King/Queen of the vampires, how does a vampire become "vampire royalty"? I always thought it was an age thing. Like the oldest vampire in the region is the leader because they're the most powerful.

So Eric who was created over 1000 years ago or so is one of the older vampires now that Godric is gone... I thought he'd become the defacto king.

I'm trying to figure out what the hell the writers are going to do with Sam's family. I really hope this side story is just something they wrote to give the Sam character a break from the vampire drama. I don't want to see his brother become a permanent part of the storyline. One shape shifter is enough.

6. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Godric was 2000+ years old and was the oldest vampire in North America. That said, he was a sheriff just like Eric is now.

Like everything else, it appears that it's all politics.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seemed like the older, the stronger with the vamps. However, what I have a hard time swallowing is despite the fact Erik is older than Sophie (as she said last season), she could mop the floor with him if she so felt like it (as we've seen). How does THAT work? When you become a queen/king you "go up a level" like those role-playing games virgins like to play?

8. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm not sure that Sophie could actually "mop the floor" with Erik, but unless Erik is ready to make a run for her position as a new King of Louisianna he won't really fight back against her as that would be against the "rules" so to speak.

To answer another question about the magistrate: It's been a while since I read the book dealing with him, but I believe that the magistrate is sort of above all the kings and queens. He has the final say in vampire law I guess.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the magistrate is in charge of a region, not confined to a state. As good as the last episode was I just had a horrible thought, you don't think they will try and make Lafayette's mom a regular character do you?

I'm not sure I could handle a scene with Tara, her mom and her Aunt.

10. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's pretty obvious what they're doing with Sam's story line. He doesn't know how to shift unless he concentrates really hard on an animal, usually when it's around. It seems like his brother has a much better handle on his shifting abilities and can take on animal forms without needing to focus on them as hard. I'm guessing Sam is going to learn how to wield his shifting abilities like a weapon and will come back and use them for the end of season showdown.

As far as vampire politics, this is what Wikipedia says:
    I imagine Eric is stronger than Sophie, but in owing her allegiance, she could mop the floor with him just because he couldn't put up a fight.

On another note, I think the best moment of the season so far is Sookie's imitation of Bill. Hilarious.

11. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty sure Bill fucking his creator while her neck was snapped in the latest episode will take home the crown this season.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the redhead's kid's daddy is... Rene? Poor Terry.

Man, Tara wasn't kidding about her luck with letting people in. She just can't catch a fucking break.

That made me giggle.

13. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure Arlene's baby was a result of the consistent orgies. There is no way only nine weeks has lapsed since Rene's death and now.

Terry is moving up on my list of favorite characters. As far as Tara goes, I would kill myself if I were her too. After this thing with Franklin, there is just nothing left for her to do.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Terry was part of the orgies, so that wouldn't affect her the way it has.

According to the timeline of the books, season one was in the summer, and season three is starting in the fall. Each season has only taken a couple weeks, subjectively, and they've followed right on each others heels.

Rene has gotta be the babydaddy.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just started watching this show with the Girlfriend and I have not seen seasons 1 or 2. Observations:

This show is surprisingly funny. Jason and Terry had me laughing, as did some of the "southern" accents. Andy sounds like a constipated Jonah Hex. Also, some of the sex scenes and vampire rage are funny in a very disconcerting "this is too fucked up to be taken seriously" kind of way.

This show is surprisingly hot. There is not a fug amongst the entire female cast, and the majority of them (I presume) are involved in sex scenes.

Pacquin is quite literally the stereotypical Southern waitress. Hot, petite body, facial features with some flaws, but nothing too bad, a ridiculous accent, stupid, idealistic and sweet. Either she's that good of an actress, or she's spent some time in the South, because I was impressed at the similarities. There's someone who fits that description at every greasy spoon or watering hole I've ever been in twice.

Eric Northman will always be Sgt. Brad "Iceman" Colbert from Generation Kill. Having seen that, it completely fucked up any perception I had of his ability to act.

The mythology on this show is a little too ridiculous, these "powers" that everyone has only seem useful for threats, not actually defense or violence until it's far too late. For example, how did a group of bikers sneak up on Bill in an empty fucking restaurant? Why does super speed not translate into running the fuck away really quickly? Why is Jessica the only clueless vampire? Why the fuck do they all hiss?

This show is a good weave of several simultaneous stories, and I can assume that as the season continues they will slowly become related, then inextricable. HBO does not disappoint, my friend sold me on this when she said it was "Twilight, except they fuck and kill shit. A lot."

16. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I stopped reading after this sentence.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. The first season I think is the funniest and best. Season 2 is a little more well rounded. Oh and the word you're looking for is "campy".

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

FUCK Alcide's sister is smoking hot. Can't say the same for his ex, she looks like a complete gutter slut.

They keep making this season more suspenseful as is goes, which I like. It is seriously lacking in humour the last couple episodes, though.

They said they WILL reveal why Erik is so goo-goo over Sookie (who looked fabulous in her undies this episode I will say). Is somebody please going to explain to me how or why Erik can fly? I find it kind of silly, truthfully.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nudity, Nudity and more nudity, I love it.

The magistrate has been suspicious about the Queen selling -V- in Bon Ton for a while but has no idea the King gives it willingly to Werewolves in Jackson?

p.s. Dear True Blood, nobody cares about Sam's family. If you want to have him and his brother join up into some kind of shape shifter alliance squad fine, do it quickly and kindly kill his parents and Tara in a car accident. And kill Tara's mom too, then you will have perfection.

Mike Ness-

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed, damn she was sexy. And then his ex is meh and they strip her down and body was she was so disappointing after the previous few minutes of eye candy. Sookie is ripped and fuck, where was Pam hiding that midriff this whole time, sweet lord.

My favorite line of the episode, besides Eric's line to Lafayette about closing, was definitely Sookie telling Bill to "Shut the fuck up". It just seemed so real and unlike TV writing. It was hilarious.

Anyone else think when the werewolves started to change that Cooter was going to go doggy-style on Alcide's ex...literally?

And there is tons of random violence and biting of people and what not, but the working over of the stripper at the end was one of the first times since watching this show that I actually felt kind of uncomfortable.