Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

True Blood - Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Roxanne, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Starts back up next Sunday! Here's hoping this season's villain isn't as annoying as Maryann.

#1 Roxanne, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I am psyched for this to come back. Only good thing on TV during the summer that I've found. In reference to the villains (will spoiler in case no one watches the preview)

Looks like we are getting the Werewolves this season so I'm excited. Plus more of the Vampire hierarchy is always nice. I definately more interested in how they run their little vampire kingdom.

3. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guilty pleasure of mine. I am looking forward to it, gay as the show is... I freaking love it. Gets me my blood and violence fix while waiting for Dexter to return.

4. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My wife has been reading the books for years. So, I've been reading them too. The series is fairly faithful to the stories. They could've picked someone a lot better looking to play Sookie. Ana Paquin isn't my first choice.
    I really enjoy the vampire back stories. I'm not too sure about the werewolve angle that this season will take. It'll still be better than 99% of the other crap on television.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as it makes more sense/is more compelling than that Twilight trash, I'm excited for Alcide and co.

6. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agree entirely. Has anyone been forced to endure promo's for ABC's show 'The Gates'? I swear to fucking Christ that I can't wait for all of these Twilight-esque shows and fads to die in a fire. Fucking daytime vampires, sparkles, interest in 16 year old girls and shit. Just shoot me in the mouth. How are you hundreds of years old and still find people sub 21 even tolerable? I don't understand. I love my 14 year old niece like I birthed her and will tolerate anything she says or does. But that's because I changed diapers and walked her to school holding her hand in Elementary School. Her little friends? Like them all to meet with vocal chord paralyzing accidents.

Anyway back to the subject - Following the "Can I fuck this girl?" rule - (200/2) +7 is 107. You should be hitting up nursing homes Twilight douche. (I say Twilight douche because I can't remember if his name is Eric or Edward and I won't waste the bandwidth to find out)

/rant

7. Zazz

Zazz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I really hope it doesn't stay too true to the books any further. After the first season I thought it'd be a great series of books. I read the first 3, thought they were ok, but the last couple just went down the shitter. On that note, I wouldn't recommend the books to anyone who enjoys the show; the books are a little to feminine for me. Almost made me not want to watch the second season when it came out. I'm not a fan of any vampire-type stuff other than Trueblood, but if they go as fantastical (I know, it's already about vampires) as they get in the books, they'll lose a lot of viewers.

Like Sookie needs another guy to brood over. I do look forward to the werewolves/vampires epic battle, though.

Still up in the air about Paquin, maybe more nude scenes will help.

8. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not too gay. I know a lot of guys who get really into it, and not one of them is forced by their girlfriend to do it.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Personally, I love the show. At first I thought it was awful, but it's explosive humour and audacity won me over. It's visceral and unpredictable, and has a great bunch of characters, none more easy on the eyes than this vision:

[​IMG]

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I personally miss Lizzie Caplan randomly getting naked.

[​IMG]

I also actually like the opening song, "Bad Things" by Jace Everett.

#10 iczorro, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude you have gotten to be kidding me, there are a ton of hot chicks on this show and you stick us with the Ginger?

I just hope this season brings us tons of Eric and Vampire shit and very little of Tara and her mom.

12. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Super excited about it. Kind of sad, but I am glad that our return flight from Greece let's us get home in time to see the premier on Sunday. I have also read the first several books and agree that they kind of went downhill after the third book or so. The Were community should be interesting.

I will be curious to see if they go the Jason becomes a Were route after he gets bitten like in the books. I kind of hope not, because I like where they have Jason headed as a character now versus the books.

It's good to see re-masculated Vampires again. We haven't really had any evil Vampires since Buffy/Angel and that pisses me off. They are rank just ahead of Zombies in my favorite traditional monsters for film and TV.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Tell me: what is smoking crack like? You're telling me on an open board you thought those shows were good? I'd rather watch static for 60 straight minutes than either of those Mickey Mouse soap operas. The plot: 5 foot tall 80 lb. chick who slept through fight choreography training school who could get her ass kicked by a retarded grade 3 kicks everyone's ass. The end. Repeat every episode for what I think felt like 375 years.

I guess you missed out on 30 Days of Night. Not a great film, but the vampires in it were no doubt not very nice.

Back on topic: Mike Ness, yes I will "stick you with the Ginger" because I'll defend to the death she's the hottest chick on that show and MANY people on this board will back me. I'm guessing you're more into brunettes:

[​IMG]

14. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The red-head is hot, no doubt. But, the woman who plays Tara is beautiful.

[​IMG]

I'd like to slap the fuck outta her character on the show.

15. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, not to turn this into a fight about vampire shows before True Blood even airs, but Buffy was a good show where people consistently had their shit ruined in messed up ways. Maybe not up your alley, but it won a few Emmys and had a huge fanbase. I'm going to guess you didn't really watch it because it was anything but formulaic (unless you count the good guys winning as a formula). It was also the best continued vampire series of the time.

True Blood keeps vampire badassery alive in the face of Twilight fandom. Bill Compton may be a sweet, tame, semi-retarded Southern gentleman, but he'll still rip your heart out if you look at his woman funny.

16. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So you hated it, but you kept watching it? If I send you a box of my special Internet Pop Culture Martyr Cookies will you shut the fuck up? Roxanne said it well, for many people it was a very good show. You didn't like it. How special and different of you. Let's try and keep this on True Blood or we can start a separate thread arguing about the (de)merits of Joss Whedon's shows.

Fair point though I was not a big fan of the movie.

And just to show we can agree on something. I don't know if she is the hottest chick on the show (I am kind of partial to Tara), but she is definitely smoking and I don't like ginger chicks that much.

17. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Yup, guilty pleasure for me too. I know she doesn't seem to be a lot of guys' cup of tea, but I find Anna Paquin to be smoking hot. As I've mentioned god knows how many times on this board, I fucking love big tits. Anna Paquin's are fairly small especially compared to what usually into.....and yet I find them to be perfect. The nipples are to die for and they have such an awesome perk. The fact that she shows them off on a regular basis definitely helps. Also, did you guys hear she admitted to being bisexual recently? Here's to hoping we see some awesome lezzie action with Anna Paquin and.....who am I kidding, any other chick on this show. Every single one has been insanely hot. Can't wait till Sunday.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Though the redhead is my present favourite, I thought the hottest ever on the show was Dawn, bu t she was killed off ealry in the first season. Dark haired brunettes stir my pot like none other:

[​IMG]

19. pants are sad

pants are sad
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I can't add much to the discussion of the show. However, I'd like to point out the attached screen cap. Holy shit has she been working out.

Attached Files:

20. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

From watching the little preview show, it seems that the women of the show have gotten exponentially hotter since last year. Win so far!