Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Trailer Park Boys

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Beer Me, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well there's no thread about Trailer Park Boys here, the show ended like a year and half ago, but the "Countdown to Liquor Day" movie comes out on DVD this week.

What are your favourite episodes/favourite TPB episodes? The episode where Ricky kidnaps Alex Lifeson of Rush was one of the most hilarious moments in the show's history, even after 6 or 7 years, that episode is still hilarious!

Alex Lifeson: Where are we?
    Ricky: The fuckin' best trailer park in the goddamn world, right here. Good people, good friends, and we're gonna see a little show. Look, the first thing I want to do is to make it clear, this is not kidnapping, okay?
    Alex Lifeson: This is totally kidnapping.
    Ricky: This is not fuckin' kidnapping!
    Alex Lifeson: This is fuckin' totally kidnapping.
    Ricky: I'm borrowing you for a little bit to play a little concert back at the trailer park!
    Alex Lifeson: I don't do that kind of stuff!
    Ricky: Look, you're in a rock band! You should be used to this kind of shit!

2. MelbatheDiscoQueen

MelbatheDiscoQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Closer to the Heart is probably one of my favourite episodes, but it's so hard to narrow it down to absolutes. Who's the Microphone Assassin?, Temporary Relief Assistant Trailer Park Supervisor, & If You Love Something, Set It Free are definitely amongst my top picks. But one of the most memorable moments for me comes from the episode called Kiss of Freedom, where Ricky is forced to kiss Mr Lahey's bum because he chose to spend his remaining money on a set of encyclopedias for his daughter Trinity rather than pay for a new trailer. The outtakes on the DVDs are also awesome.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

SYRUS:

"My daddy gave me this gun. Fucking prick. It never leaves my side. Safety ALWAYS off."

The best episode, was of course, the ORIGINAL movie that not a lot have seen. It was shot in black and white long before season 1. Ricky and Julian were "dog hitman" (they're hired by neighbourhood people to kill other neighbour's pesky dogs). Julian does rails contantly while sitting in his t-top 1987 era Corvette. It was priceless, because it practucally seemed real.

That's why I love season 1 so much. It's less gonzo than the other seasons, and I like the exaggerated believeabilty that made it so hilarious (i.e Bubbles stealing shopping carts and re-selling them, Ricky poaching barbecues, etc.).

4. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Glad to see this thread.

Hiarious show that I got introduced while hitting the bong on a daily basis living in San Luis Obispo going to school. This show provided endless laughs. Gotta love all the Ricky-isms. "Get two birds stoned" :lol:

Also, Bubbles was an awesome character. A lot of the people didn't like the Conky storylines but I thought that shit was hilarious. Ricky's name being Ravine was awesome. And anytime Bubbles swore, especially when he said "cocksucker!" I laughed hard.

5. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    That actually isn't Ricky's name. It's a joke that started in the original movie. Everyone thought Ricky looked like Peter Reveen, so they would always yell "It's fuckin' Reveeen!" everytime they saw him.

One of my favorite scenes:

#5 Danger Boy, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I busted out the Christmas Special (with Conky finger puppet and all) yesterday and watched in true drunken holiday spirit. The part where Ricky is trying to sell weed at Christmas Mass just fucking kills me every time.

7. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

LOL that's a classic! and Mr Lahey wearing a "No Name" plastic bag as a santa's beard then stumbling into the church

8. stone2k

stone2k
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Google video has the whole original movie, as well as the majority of the episodes. Ricky, jullien, and Bubbles are great... I saw them awhile ago on Jimmy Kimmel's show, and they stayed in character the whole time.

9. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A few years back Ricky, Julian and Bubbles were doing an autograph session in Toronto. One of my best friends, who would have a very similar life to Ricky, if he didn't live IN the city, got kicked out of the autograph session.. I forget why, I think he was wasted for the event, and had a paper bag with a tall can of Blue with him. He didn't get to meet the gang, but Ricky did get a chuckle out of it and gave him a thumbs up.

Anyone ever go to any of the TBP/Mr Lahey & Randy live shows? How were they? I heard the Mr Lahey & Randy live shows weren't what the diehard (rural) TPB fans were expecting.

10. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

By the way, the new movie "Count Down to Liquor Day" is available for order on DVD and BluRay on Amazon. The last one was so well done, I'm extremely pumped to see the new one.

11. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just got introduced to this show by some friends here on my little Maui vacation. I've been drunk and stoned for the last 3 days watching every episode of this shit. It just keeps getting better and better. Fuck yeah.

12. MelbatheDiscoQueen

MelbatheDiscoQueen
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

In semi-related news: Bubbles' Mansion, the bar/restaurant co-owned by Mike Smith (aka Bubbles) just closed it's doors this past week. It was TPB themed, complete with shopping carts hanging from the ceiling & Bubbles' shed on display.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/03/24/ns-bubbles-mansion-closed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/st ... losed.html</a>

13. JoshP

JoshP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rickey is fucking hilarious. Bubbles' voice gets on my nerves from time to time, but that show is fucking hilarious.

#13 JoshP, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015