Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TOO SOON!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Mar 14, 2011.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9.0 quake, ensuing tsunami and potential nuclear fallout vs. death of a pedophile by overdose. Hardly equals on the scale of tragedy.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't believe in limits or "too soon" when it comes to comedy.

If a friends mother just died and I walk up to him and start making mom jokes I'm a douchebag that deserves to get punched until I stop breathing. When it's a generalization and a broad stroke like what Godfried made it's in bad taste but that's what he does.

To quote the brilliant Tracy Morgan...

I talk about everybody on stage. Ain't no off limits. Gay motherfuckers ya'll too sensitive. Go head with that bullshit. If you can take a dick, you can take a joke. -Tracy Morgan

3. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

#43 toddus, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Why did Miss Japan win the Miss Universe pagent?

She had a killer wave!

*rim shot*

I'm here all week, try the veal.

5. jamaicaphooey

jamaicaphooey
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My personal gauge on too soon:

If you can't wait until loved ones are actually able to bury their friends and/or family, or at least have a sensible means of paying respect before you (very) publicly launch into a tirade of jokes about something that not only devastated a country but serves as a prequel to what could very possibly happen soon in our own country (trace all the recent devastating earthquakes in the world, and what techtonic plate path they are on - and Godspeed, California), then it's too fucking soon. What happened to respect and common decency?

This does not include private jabs and jokes amongst friends, it focuses on public, social media. I have seen too many ends of the spectrum on the likes of facebook and twitter that have just made me cringe. From someone making jokes about the earthquake/tsunami/volcano/nuclear meltdown in Japan to people posting funeral announcements on Facebook - one has to ask what happened to tact and discretion? Seriously, I don't think humankind was meant to function in the aspect to where our lives are a veritable Jerry Springer show 24/7.

My only hope is that there is an apocalypse next year to wipe out the majority of humankind so we can start off fresh.

6. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is off of the FOCUS but..
    Am I the only one who didn't know that Gilbert Gottfried was the voice for the duck? Give me a dozen takes and I could say "AFLAC" close enough to mimic a goddamn duck. Shit, give me 6 takes and I could make Gilbert's jokes sound a little less annoying.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded