Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Tiger King: The Quarantine Hero We Deserved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kubla Kahn, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love that they hired a look-a-like actress. How do you suppose that Craigslist ad read? And, how many did they audition?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was shocked at how close the woman looked. I had to do a double take.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

though he does not sing in them

found out my sister in law's friend who used to work for him was hired to produce some reality show for the guy, so that's how they worked together. Said the tapes were destroyed. About halfway through the series right now, something about a fire or an explosion? Please tell me the dude had a mishap with that tannerite he was fucking with

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope.
    One "unsolved" arson fire and one "light everything on fire in a pit" ordeal before he skipped town.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, after a long work week I basically was a zombie yesterday and did next to nothing (except make some stew).

My Mom threw the show up on the TV, and I missed the first episode and a half, but then just sat there and we binged the rest of the series.

WTF.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The main (non-pit) happened ever so coincidentally right after the reality show producer let him know in no uncertain terms that every bit of footage taken, for the show, or for his internet channel, was his, and he could do whatever the fuck he wanted with them.

Strikes me that that producer was pretty fucking stupid.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fire and destruction of the reality show footage is covered. It's one of the bigger mysteries to me as the handful of theories all make sense.

I could definitely see PETA or Joe Exotic doing it. You'd think how retarded Joe was about everything he'd have obviously left clues to it though which makes me think it was an outside actor.

I swear every moment is more over the top then the last. How he changed into an EMS jacket minutes after his employee got mauled. Fucking insane.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I read that one of Lowe’s scams back in Michigan was to stalk down a company with an emblem/name that didn't have it trademarked, steal it for his own, then sue them for infringement. Too bad Starks didn’t kill him.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My incident on encountering lions happened last summer. We read that there was a “Lion sanctuary” in Grand Bend, the beach town closest to us. We get there, no admission price, a donation was optional.... he has six adult lions behind temporary industrial fencing. The next “enclosure” over is two Siberian tigers, absolutely huge, muscular and terrifying—- but “tame”. And he’s holding their two cubs on the other side of the fence. The fence being that grate wire they use to separate construction workers from pedestrians. The fencing was six feet tall. There was not only pot bellied pigs walking around the parking lot, but a fucking Senegal. It didn’t look like a real animal, I thought something escaped it’s cage but it was a “pet”.

Everything at this place was a “pet”. I met the owner, who I took for a career criminal after ten seconds of conversation. He was equipped with an aggressive trophy wife straight out of “Tiger King”. She hat cat-print pants AND tattoos, she comes straight out of a cage and drops a big spotted cat into my arms like it’s my newborn kid. A goddamn OCELOT. The strength this thing had just putting its arms on my shoulders was insane. It was WAY stronger than a human being, she’s standing there smiling with approval like this killer tree cat couldn’t rip my face off at any second.

I was really conflicted the entire time I was at this place. You’re around these animals that almost hypnotize you. But the way these lions and look at you when you’re up close... it’s the Real fucking Deal. If they were not well-fed, you would be strewn, pulled meat across the parking lot and just another meal to them before you’d ever dream of reaching your car. It was just really uncomfortable, and I’m a person who likes animals and zoos. This place (and the people who ran it) was simply fucked.

The locals complained and the place didn’t last long. I mean why wouldn’t they? For the first two months those things could leave their cages whenever they felt like it.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s easier to deal with troubles and misfortune if you punctuate it with “THAT FUCKING BITCH CAROLE BASKIN”

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They hired the nanny LOL

438B8976-22F0-494B-9B3C-614D1150EDFF.jpeg

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That guy is a fucking piece of shit. I knew that based purely on how he dresses.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Too be fair there’s no such thing as a decent country song; its all garbage.

15. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Spoilers, obviously:
    • Holy shit that was an amazing series.
    • Thank you to our favorite brownface performer and master corporate cybersecurity expert for helping to make it happen.
    • "It's like Shaktipat...but with penis." Having seen and read enough about Indian gurus, Shaktipat with penis is the default. It would be more unusual to have Shaktipat without the penis.
    • Not surprised that it wasn't Joe singing those country songs, but it was like "you know, these are not terrible songs." And they're decently-produced, too.
    • New national debate: which is more true: Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself OR That Bitch Carole killed her husband and fed him to the tigers.
    • When Josh Dial the campaign manager did the Macaulay Culkin move right after Travis shot himself in front of him for like a solid minute, I had to look up at the timecode on the recording to see that they hadn't freeze-framed it. I'm surprised he didn't clutch at a pearl necklace he forgot to put on that day.
      • Josh the campaign manager was the guy I sympathized with the most. It's like he was born and grew up and discovered he happened to be a standard deviation or two smarter than his family, and so he had the capability to do more but never quite learned the discretion to make really good decisions about how and where to apply himself. There's hope for him yet.
    • In a very weird time in the world, this was a huge depressing reminder that most people just see whatever it is they want to see and will defend that to the death if necessary against all evidence to the contrary.
    • Obviously I felt bad for the animals. Interestingly, in most of the shots they looked pretty healthy. But who needs 200+ tigers? That's a lot of tigers. I feel kinda bad they're in captivity, but as they point out - in the wild, they need so much natural range that they are endangered. Pandas apparently won't breed, and tigers need too much space. Not sure what to do about that.
    • It made me wonder about my own cats (just regular ones) and whether we are right to keep them, but even PETA says it's OK to keep rescue animals. I feel a little bad they don't get to go outside, but if we let them out they'd be coyote snacks in an hour. With all the telecommuting it's nice to be able to spend more time with them.
    • There had to be more going on there with Carole's husband than they showed. Obviously some guys are so desperate for a relationship that they will do stupid things, and I guess the tiger thing is neat. But that leash picture makes me think that they are part of a scene that the filmmakers didn't get into.
    Well, the Tiger King is in jail for 22 years. But if he rats on everybody else in exchange for some leniency, and keeps his nose clean inside (and doesn't kill himself) he could be out a lot sooner than that. I'm sure the documentary crews will be waiting.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Wasn't she wearing a collar? And doesn't that mean they belong to someone or something like that?

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I mean, does it matter? Excuse the meme I stole the pic from:

966BBB08-2085-44C8-9B6B-A5573FF88A16.jpeg

18. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Based on everything else they showed, her wearing the collar would have definitely been a lot less explicable than him wearing it. And I believe that this sort of thing, in certain circles, communicates something specific about the dynamics of the relationship...

19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

See now her face makes it seem like she was joking. His dead ass look makes it look like he needs his testicles stepped on with stilettos to achieve an erection.

20. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

OH, also - the Chucky Doll comparison was spot-on. I was going with Harry Knowles there but Chucky is definitely closer.