Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Tiger King: The Quarantine Hero We Deserved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kubla Kahn, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured since this is the cultural phenomenon I think this transcends the pop culture board and deserved its own thread.

Focus: Discuss the show, theories, post meme's, your interactions with various 'animal' collectors.

Personally I don't think there is a show that absolutely nailed portraying a subgroup of people this well. You look at it and think, of course, people who own large cats have to be greasy meth hick cultist. It just makes so much sense! Plus instead of doing a ham assed cooked "reality show," like I have to assume that tv producer in the doc was filming, it is an even handed well made piece of film. Every. Single. Person. In this show is fucked up beyond comprehension.

My favorites:
    "Doc" Antle- They should seriously do a follow up focusing exclusively on him and his obvious cult harem of silicone bimbo wives.
    Jeff Lowe- Wigger con man. Swinger. Legend. Im on board with him getting his own series.
    Carole's 3rd cuck husband
    Carole- She implies in her blog refuting the killing of her husband that he visited prostitutes daily when she was on her period. We are also to believe she had a fight with her husband left her house and was picked randomly up by Don at 3am? Who else really gets in strange men's cars at 3am? Hookers that's who. She was hooking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

3. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every single person on this show is a carbon copy of the customers at my old job at the music store. I am not joking.
    Even the guy with a harem.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In the first episode I thought Carol was going to be the cipher for how there is a normal person mixed up in this bizarre subculture. As soon as I saw her episode, it made me think shes the most insane of them all. There's no chance she didnt have a hand in offing her former husband, especially since her brother is a sheriff's deputy in that town. All of these people are completely full of shit.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same. The producers are doing an excellent job with the editing and reveals. I'm on Ep 5, and it just keeps getting more bananas.

6. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

One of sister in law’s friends worked for the dude. Not sure if he’s on any of the episodes.

8. Tuesday

Tuesday
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Biggest twist in the series is the fact the guy with 2 prosthetic legs lost them in a bungee jumping accident, not because of a tiger.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not even remotely close.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This was an epic of the low road. All key players are UNLIKABLE to an incredible degree:

Carole Baskin should be set on fucking fire. Hypocrite. Liar. Cheapskate. Pretentious. Whore. Gold digger. Fat. She is EVERY SINGLE THING that encompasses an unlikable female. And her gay sycophant husband cracks me up, he’s taking it in the ass harder than ANYBODY at the GW zoo. Liza Minelli has married bigger studs.

What an El Cluster Fuck. Every single major player, as I predicted, is either insane or an unapologetic criminal. Doc Antle at least has his shit together. They other hayseeds should be shot and pissed on. Not just Carole but Jeff Lowe, The fucking fake-ass, 100% insecure “cool dude” who so reeks of phony con man that it’s actually annoying.

I mean.... the murdering, scary-eyed drug dealing Hispanic was the most human and urbane of the bunch. The FUCK, dude.

The series itself gets a 9.5/10. I can’t stand big cat people and this helps cement it. I’m sure they will do a “follow up” season that will consist of table scraps and will probably generally suck.

#10 Crown Royal, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The other thing about these Docu-series: it often results in serious backlash for the assholes involved. Sometimes it’s good, because it forced the cocksucking cops from “Making a Murderer” into retirement and hiding. They deserved far worse, but at least the country hates them as deserved.

This is the era of social media. People are going to want this black widow fried. And they aren’t going to stop wanting it.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I do wish they'd have had more on the Miami drug dealer. They could easily do a follow up of Jeff Lowe as the main antagonist and just highlight what has to be dozens of other loons like this. Id still like a deeper dive on Antle.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

After this, I doubt any of them will agree to be on camera. This did not cast most of them in a good light, but Antle’s chic, sexual lifestyle approach has a lot viewers thinking “This guy has it MADE.” Coming from one of those 70’s Yoga-sex cults, the guy is also nuts but not afraid of anything. That’s obvious.

Anywhere up to ten thousand tigers in the United States? So many of them are time bombs, you can see what their most prolific handlers are like: fuh-KING INSANE.

Let’s also not leave out Starks, the sociopath Michigan swamptrash. How much money do you think he saves on feeding dead hookers to his cats?

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like the majority of pit bull owners I've met. Though unfortunately the small minority, the only other type of pit bull owner I've met are the ones with hearts of gold who are beyond caring. It's like one end of the spectrum or the other.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Men with small dicks ruined pitbulls. They take advantage of the breed’s loyalty, determination and strength and turn them into Langoliers. They aren’t even a true breed of dog. They are just Staffordshire outbreeds without floppy ears. And those dogfighting cunts cut their ears with scissors when they ARE floppy. They are illegal to sell or breed in Ontario, so there’s a loophole: all pit bulls in Ontario are called “American Bulldogs” by their owner. Why? That’s what they were called a hundred years ago, and since you can’t prove a pitbull from a Staffordshire from a Bully from an “American Bulldog” (they’re basically the same thing, all the same direct tree, like Pointers, Retrievers, Springer Spaniels and Hounds).

The dogs are amazing babies raised right from birth. They looooooooooove their owners like no other breed. Tarantino showed their total potential beautifully- as affectionate and intelligent family pets and also as ball-eating manglers. I think they are one of the best well-rounded dogs in existence. But they suffer the largest bum rap, because they have so many owners that deserve to be skinned alive.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

When you look at it, most of these guys use a tiger the same way we use a sports car: to bang women out of our league. Antle was not wrong about tigers: they have no haters. They are gorgeous, adorable, deadly, scary and incredible-looking. I remember standing right next to this 400 pound maneless male ghost lion last year, and it’s such a terrifying exhilaration. What I bet a lot of people feel with firearms.

#16 Crown Royal, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Jeff Lowe has got to be one of the biggest pieces of shit on Earth. What a fucking tool.

And as an ardent gun owner and huge 2A supporter, I’ve never wanted gun control more than after watching this.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it all just the lax attitude on snitching?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18 Kubla Kahn, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  19. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, apparently writing half decent country ballads isn't that hard:

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That entire diss video was legit hilarious and genius. This guy could write rappers a clinic on creating heat with rivals.