Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB's potential New Mod? [WDT 08/13/10] HOT BOSS Theme

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prefontaine, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fixed that for you.

Classy dude. Classy.

2. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Funny you mention that. I was already drained from your momma. She thought the video was hilarious too.

SAY WHAAAT????

edit:

That was actually an unoriginal and lame joke. But I settled for it. I thought it would be too harsh to mention that every Holiday Season she would let truckers run a train on her in highway rest stop bathrooms. She would trade sex for merchandise due to the fact that she could not afford to buy you presents but still wanted you to have a nice Christmas. Sorry dude, but it's a true story. We discussed it over tea and cookies.

3. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Funny you mention that...

My mom's dead.

Douchebag.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess that's why she didn't move around much.

[​IMG]

5. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm watching Eyes Wide Shut for the first time. So far the movie depicts NYC as the most lifeless city in the world. Is this on purpose?

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't seen it since 2000 or so, but from what I remember, it's an awful movie that ends abruptly leaving you unsatisfied.

7. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

NYC is America's Japan. If you live there, then you do and experience shit that the rest of the world will never, ever understand. Yet, for you, it's totally normal. It's like "of course we sell used women's panties in vending machines. Don't you? Is there something wrong with that?"

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been to NYC a ton of times, I also know that it's a vibrant, active place. So far Kubrick has shown it to be impressively bland, like he did it on purpose.

9. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You're full of shit. But I'm sure she would be glad to know that you're using her as a trump card on the internet because you weren't smart/fast enough to come up with anything else. Next you're going to try to tell me some bullshit about how she died when you were a young child and so you never really had a mom.

If I had a nickel...

10. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If we're stooping low enough for mom jokes, the dead mom card is automatically pulled. Now don't be a dick about it.

11. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're right, this movie is terrible.

12. redbullgreygoose

redbullgreygoose
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fine. But I'd think you'd have a thicker skin since you post on a messageboard full of inappropriate things every day. I also was not aware that lying about your mom being dead was as "low" as a yo momma joke.

But back on topic:

Usually I don't like to be fucked up on Sunday nights. But since class starts one week from today and I'm moving back to school Friday I'm getting in all the partying I can. It sucks leaving my local friends, but I'd much rather be back at school. I'd hate to live here all year. This place is dead. I feel sorry for the people who don't have any other option. I'm one of the lucky ones. I can't wait to see my old (uni) friends again.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ive heard from critics that it is supposed to be NYC as seen through a dream, the original story the movie is based off of is Traumnovella (dream story, thanks wikipedia), where vivid dreams play a bigger role in the story. It makes some sense since when you dream of a certain location, it is never really represented perfectly as you have seen it in real life. Coupled with the fact that Kubrick refused to leave England for the last few decades of his life, he only had London streets to use as representations of New York streets. He had a second unit film the long shots of the city. Though he was from New York he wasn't trying to make a "New York" film like say Martin Scorsese makes a New York film.

I never liked the film because honestly Ive never had a connection with the story. I have yet to have a girlfriend or wife claim infidelity. So it never seemed that riveting too me. Though that shot of Kidman bent over forward putting on stockings was a pretty hot shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.