Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB Veterans Appreciation Thread 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like the mods have gone commie since Blue Dog left, the vets wouldn't want us to censor ourselves, at least the ones I know wouldn't.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's to gramps in WWI and WWII and dad in Korea, although he did jack shit and got drunk in Europe for 2 years.

Just drank a 2 liter boot. Time for another beer until I can't feel feelings.

Tell me how a greasy, spineless, useless sack of shit nails a wonderful woman and I'm fighting fatties off with a torch and angry townsfolk like they're Frankenstein's monster.

3. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Veterans day to all of you soldiers, sailors, coasties, and my fellow airmen. Thank you all for doing what you do.

Oh, and to the how to you respond to thanks question, I usually reply with a "thank you."

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Become America's throbbing cock of justice . . . join the Rangers

#24 lhprop1, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My thanks to the veterans. I am sure a great many of them would want us to hoist a drink for their service. In honor I am now drinking a "Hops of Wrath IPA" from the Dust Bowl Brewing Company. Well that and watching college basketball played on the deck of an aircraft carrier. Damn it is great to be an American.

6. todd311

todd311
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Alright, I am friends with active and retired military.
    Thank you all.
    You have us the freedoms that most take for granted.
    God bless, have a shot on me.

7. todd311

todd311
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Fine, if this is going to be the WDT.
    Thank you Veterans!
    I, for one, am getting hammered at my local.

8. Striding Man

Striding Man
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Thank you, every single one of you, who has served & fought to make this great country what it is! I know that freedom isn't free. I salute and toast to you!

On that note the wife is gone this weekend & I'm already in the bag!

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Dear God. Thanks vets. TYay.

Eggnot and rum. My friend iw awesome. He drovve me home. he is breaking up with his girlfriend. I wanted to ask him more questions but I left my glasses at his apartment and can't see shit.

10. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And a quick one for the ones that aren't here to share this day:

11. ec88

ec88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

A tip of the hat and raise of a glass to all vets and active military members. Thank you very much.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always feel awkward and a little embarrassed when people thank me for my service. Does this happen to anyone else?

It seemed like the natural path to me. I mean sure, I got badly injured doing my job by some hostile foreigners, but I also got paid to learn for a good long while. I have a salary in the low six figures because of my military training and experience, which they gave me based on tested potential alone.

It was a pretty damn sweet deal. The fact that I can't run any more because of the way the Air Force Reserve Lt. Colonel placed the plate on my ankle? That's the dark cloud under the giant silver lining.

I believe that actions speak louder, so I sort of define myself by what I've done in my life. The Navy allowed me to travel the world widely, drink with all sorts of people, learn communications electronics as a well paying trade, and board pirate ships for a living for a year. How can you beat that? I don't need any thanks, I should be thanking you guys for being a people in need of a military.

13. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Seconded. My great-grandfather served in WW1 on a battleship (on H.M.S. Ajax) and my grandfather in WW2 - both were Engineers with the Admiralty.

I've got no problem with enlisted guys goofing off while off-duty, but, more to the point... who paints a Ferrari Testarossa fucking PINK? Seriously? And what is it doing there? So many questions. That poor car. Look how run down it is. It's not right to treat a modern classic in that way...

14. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heartfelt thanks to those who serve(d). And a belated happy birthday to the USMC. Semper Fi.

15. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'Murica.

Sign me up for the "Not quite sure what to do when someone thanks me for my service" club. If it's someone I know well, I say, "Thanks for paying my paycheck." If it's someone I don't know well, then it's "Thanks for your support."