Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB Veterans Appreciation Thread 2011

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

It's veteran's day here in the good old USA. Let's show some appreciation. RIGHT NOW, MAGGOTS!

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you to everyone who served. I am grateful for your service.

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because today is a bank holiday I can't make any calls, so I'm at home doing data entry. This is much better when you're in a recliner and wearing old sweatpants.

More importantly, I raise my beer to those who have served and again for those who are currently sacrificing for us today. I appreciate it.

4. BrianH

BrianH
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My favorite ass-kicking video put together by a team down the hall for Vet day. I'm not a vet*, but some of the dudes in the video are now, so I guess it counts.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1ctr877qs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J1ctr877qs</a>

*To clarify, I'm active duty. Where I work, you aren't a vet until you hang up your spurs.

5. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only 20%? Clearly you've never worked in the industry you cheap fuck.

6. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm working a 16 hour day today, but I aint dodging bullets and I'm not speaking German.

Thanks guys and gals.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There aren't words to convey my appreciation for all who take the Oath of Enlistment. The only people whose sacrifices can compare are the families of the soldiers. Anytime there's a deployment, every unknown number on the caller ID has significance.

Thank you all for all you do.

[​IMG]
    Sometimes they have shenanigans.

8. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this supposed to be the weekend drunk thread? I am confused. I appreciate much better when I am drunk. Just ask all of those guys who encountered the drunk me when I was in college.

But yes, thanks to the Veterans. You do things that I would never do and because of you, I don't have to.

9. octavie

octavie
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm from the UK and I have disagreed with every war/conflict that my government has fought in the last ten years.

This is completely aside from the fact that I respect and admire all the men and women who have laid down their lives (and they have laid down their lives, whether they were killed or not) in pursuit of my right to say: 'I have disagreed with every war/conflict that my government has fought in the last ten years.'

I just want to say thank you, because without these rights we would be nothing.

10. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Raising a bottle to all the vets of past, present, and future..Cheers.

It still rattles my brain that I took the oath back in 04, probably one of the few wise decisions I've made. It's changed me for the better, thats for damn sure.

11. amjoyce

amjoyce
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I dont know if it is or not, but I certainly hope it is. Something just seems amiss without one. Besides, this bonfire I'm at is fucking boring.

Oh yeah, and I appreciate all those who serve. I feel we should honor them with scantily clad ladies with guns.

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too.

We've got a mystery here at my place...

What kind of party is this??

[​IMG]

#12 katokoch, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Thanks for all that you do!

14. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dad was in the Army, brother in the USMC, father-in-law was in the Army. I was looking at a friend's facebook pictures earlier. He was kind of goofy in high school, but he's now a USMC Drill Instructor, which makes me insanely jealous of him. If I could go back to the mid-90s high school me, I'd break my neck to sign up. Things turned out good for me, but I regret not joining.

With that said, I appreciate each and every service member and what they do. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. Cheers!

15. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you to all of you who serve.

16. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Around here, the only vets are the retired guys...so a huge thanks to them and to my fellow brothers in arms.

On a side note, I got to leave Myrtle Beach instead if staying the whole weekend to sit at a desk, on an empty base, answering no phone calls, for 24 hours tomorrow. Hooray...

And a side, side note, the ball game is pretty sweet on the ship. I can see some potential weather issues, but killer nonetheless.

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy hell, late start to the drunk thread at 4:02.

How to thank the Veterans and Active Duty Soldiers

[​IMG]

I need help identifying this rifle
    [​IMG]

I'm looking for a few good men to take on this terrorist threat. They have AK-47s. Consider them armed and dangerous.
    [​IMG]

Dirty, Dirty Russians.

18. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hear, hear.

A special thanks to all those currently deployed who don't have the luxuries of days off like us back home, and of course, a big thank you to everyone who shows their support for the military. Your support is deeply appreciated.

Kind of going on a little bit of a tangent here, but to other miltary members on this board, what do you say when a person directly thanks you for serving? It's kind of awkward for me, but I usually follow up with a "thank you for your support" and shake the person's hand. I guess I just don't feel like I've been in long enough or done anything worth people thanking me over.

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A heroes welcome to anyone in the military, my grandfather fought in WW2, my father fought in Vietnam. I love them both dearly and have the utmost respect for anyone serving now... or ever really.

20. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is it the WDT? We never got an answer earlier.

And I forgot to mention that two of my uncles were WWII vets. Both in the Navy, but only one had the anchor forearm tat. I guess that's fitting, as he was the more ornery of the two. RIP, uncles.