Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

TiB Meet-Up: Land Down Under

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bundy Bear, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All the American and Canadian brethern of the Idiot family have been having meet-ups and having a good old time without us because we're all too far away.

There seems to be a fairly decent amount of Aussies Idiots here and I was thinking.

What would everyones thoughts be on an Aussie meet-up? Locations? Dates? There are plenty more people here smarter than me who will have some brilliant ideas I'm sure.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

I suggest somewhere where women glow and men chunder.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Heh. I think there's less than 10 active Australian idiots, the ones I know about are pretty fucking far apart, and there's maybe one chick on that list. Are any of us actually going to spend 10+ hours in a car, or fly interstate to meet dudes from the intarwebs? I'd struggle to make the drive from central Brisbane to the 'burbs for that.

4. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something just occurred to me that I haven't thought of until just now:

Scootah, do you have an Australian accent?

5. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I don't have a Steve Irwin accent or anything. My accent is more like a slightly weird British (south Australian for accent conniseurs), with some Canadian inflections. There's only a few words where I sound like the cliché Australian.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, I think 75% of this Board would make the journey if you organised the get together; whether they were in Australia or not.

7. Loke

Loke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

No way, I am not falling for this one again. Last Aussie "meetup" I tore my calf when I fled from Scootah's basement.

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I wouldn't.

I thought I'd want to go to Australia, but according to AlmostGaunt, you guys don't mix salty and sweet.

Australia sounds like a hellhole.

9. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They should also be sure that their meeting place is girt by sea.

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's only an accent when he's not in Australia.

11. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, that's just not true. I've been dunking my fries into my sundae at McDonalds for years.

12. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Race traitor.

I suspect any travelling USians would be shocked at our food. I know I'm shocked at yours every time I'm over there. Half/half milk and cream? Peanut butter thickshakes? Pancakes with bacon and maple syrup? Sweet potato marshmallow bukkake abomination casserole? Over here, we keep our courses separate, thank you very much. Now eat your vegetables or you won't get any bacon flavoured icecream.

Actually, that'd be an interesting thread: most disturbing mainstream-ish American food as judged by the rest of the world. Wait, what was this thread about again?

Oh yeah, an Aussie meet up. Problem is I think we have about 1 Aussie per state. I'd attend, but I'm in Perth and there's only 1 other gent I know of here. If any of you US / Canadian / Foreign folk want to drop by I have a spare room though. Good time of year to do it actually, this is the beach next to my house.

Attached Files:

13. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ha. Looks like i live pretty close to you mate. Im in City Beach.

Given we have 2 idiots in WA, that kinda makes Perth the default location for any meetup. Right? Right.

Totally fair to ask the others to fly across the country, to the second most remote capital city in the world, for a few drinks with randoms from the interwebs.

14. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

3 people from Perth, all male...

Scarborough & City Beach? Here I am almost at the end of the Armadale train line, not sure I'd fit in with you two money bags.

15. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn straight. And we can impress our distinguished visitors with the famed Perth nightlife...
    *ahem* yeah, definitely drinks on the beach. Your beach might even be nicer than mine, although you do have a) vicious breaks onto sandbars and b) sharks. What say you, TiBers?

Archer's beach:
    I like those odds! We can knock back some tinnies and have a chinwag.

Attached Files:

16. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sharks on the beach too? You can't throw a rock in your country without hitting some vicious/venomous life-threatening animal.

Seriously, you all post, and it's snakes this, spiders that, jellyfish here, surprisingly deadly kangaroos there. What the fuck? Sharks are supposed to be killing retirees in Tampa. Stop stealing all the good stuff.

You can keep these. Nightmarish.
    [​IMG]

17. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I'm the only Tassie here. I'm going to be in Perth on Australia day though....

18. Mastro

Mastro
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Another Perth lad here, except I'm more of a lurker on these boards than an active poster.

Regardless, any excuse for a few tins is worthwhile in my book.

19. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Victoria's pubic hair is still Victoria. It's not a real state if you can cover the entire population with a single area code and 5 digit phone numbers.

Unless Perth has changed dramatically since I was there last, unless there's a festival on, doesn't your night life mostly consist of watching indigenous kids run from the cops? I mean it's better than Darwin or Adelaide (more chicks and less serial killers respectively) - but that's still not much to go on.

20. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I dunno. I liked Perth when I lived there. I'd love to go back, but holy shit is it expensive to live.