Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Thread Suggestion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

nom: no.

2. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

nom: no

3. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

(hope they don't mind; credit given; I'm gonna post some great ones imo from the suggestion board... PM me if you want this taken down)

The Lost Art

credit: Jay-Bird

My grandmother will be turning 100 soon, and is in wonderful mental and physical health. I have recently started a daily correspondence with her, however, I know that at this point in her life, each day is gift. As I have matured to understand that being able to have first hand account of events from WW1 to WW2 and beyond are becoming increasingly rare.

I want to pick her brain, and get every bit of knowledge I can from this woman. However, there are unknown unknowns, things that you don't know that you don't know.

FOCUS: What questions would you have for a centurion? What would you ask someone who has been there, that you wouldn't be able to get out of a book?

[ROTHN] Alt Focus: If you have any concrete answers to the above questions, answer them. Links are preferred as citations.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

(hope they don't mind; credit given; I'm gonna post some great ones imo from the suggestion board... PM me if you want this taken down)

My First Place

Credit: the omnipotent, irreverent, irreplaceable Toytoy88

I erroneously mentioned my first place in another post as being an apartment I rented at 16, I was actually 17. With a place all my own and no adult supervision. Other then the local police.

It was heaven for a 17 year old released from the bounds of parental rules. It was a grocery store built in 1910 that was converted to a 6 unit apartment. It was converted to apartments sometime in the 60's and had red shag carpet and knotty pine walls. It cost me $175 a month and I was the envy of all my friends.

I furnished it with an electrical spool that held my prized possession...a loud stereo that became my neighbor's bane and a bat signal for the local police, a couple of bean bag chairs, a few posters on the wall and my interior decorating was done. This was a place to party.

Within a week I had to deal with an ambulance showing up because the neighbors had called 911 about a 15 year old girl freaking out and wandering the street yelling about demons and hell while one of my experienced druggie friends tried to calm her down. The ambulance took her away. The next day her father showed up at my door and threatened to shoot me. I threatened to shoot him back. Things pretty much went downhill after that.

Girls from the Christan school quickly learned of my place and decided it was the place to hide from Jesus and 5th and 6th period. And 2nd and 3rd and 4th. My little apartment was continually packed with underage folks trying to rebel and score some booze and drugs. I was underage, but I did have a job...a service station attendant....someone had to pay the piper for this shit. My friends tried to earn their keep...sort of. I came home one day and found my place completely furnished. With patio furniture. Stolen patio furniture. Then the cops showed up. Again. Somehow I convinced the cops we found the stuff and got off with a lecture as they carted off all my new furniture. We laughed ourselves silly at how smart we were. We were idiots. If anything happened in our little town the cops immediately went to my place and I don't blame them, somehow I was probably indirectly responsible.

One thing that sticks out in my mind is that we were sitting around drinking and smoking dope with the front door open and someone noticed a station wagon with a family pull up. No doubt they were looking for housing because one of the windows in the building had a "For Rent" sign. I decided we couldn't have a family with kids move in and crush our groove, so I grabbed my buddies and went outside to greet them. We surrounded their car, a couple of my friends sat on the hood, and I shoved the entire upper torso of my body into their car with a joint and offered his wife a hit. Seriously, that guy should've stuck a knife in my heart. But he didn't.

They didn't move in either.

Focus: Your first place.

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In ten years they'll be putting it in the water for the citizens, like fluoride...

<a class="postlink" href="http://now.msn.com/female-inmates-allegedly-sterilized-in-calif-prisons-without-state-approval" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://now.msn.com/female-inmates-alleg ... e-approval</a>
    Based on the above article, a guy I know had the following discussion on facebook:

My responses to him were about half troll, but it got me thinking. In one of my favorite sci-fi book series, overpopulation got so bad that they put a chemical castration solution in the water, and in order to have kids you had to get licensed and then they'd give you a temporary nullification. I don't think procreation should be a universal right anymore. How many times have you or your friends joked about how you should need a license to have kids?

Focus: Aside from what they did at the prison being technically wrong, do you think it was justifiable? Was it cruel and unusual?

Alt Focus: Any ideas (comical or realistic) for how to deal with the oncoming overpopulation problems?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

nom edit: handled.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Nitwit, if you're really concerned about the direction of the board, please do not derail attempts to inject life into it. It's been established that your music videos are excessive and at this point amount to trolling.

The next time I see you post a video outside of a music or youtube thread, I will take it as an implicit request to be banned.

And I will oblige.

This has been your final warning.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My customers always right thread. Some serious out of control derp on the girls part. Would like to see everyone's take on the video and similar experiences in public.

NSFW language. Racism for the win!

Discus- Nuke this bitch's planet from Mars.

Focus- What is the worst customer reactions have you ever seen?

Alt Focus- Worst employee behavior you have ever witness?

#30 Kubla Kahn, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What do you mean we don't get French Benefits?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/1003885/17-phrases-youre-probably-saying-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles ... ying-wrong</a>

Yes to all of these, except #14.

Focus: What words, phrases, or lyrics do you hear people misusing or getting wrong?

Alt-Focus: Ever been caught in the wrong when using what you thought was a common phrase?

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me

This statement really intrigued me.

It intrigues me because I have no idea how to relate to it, and I can't imagine feeling this way myself. I don't know how many young black males participate on this board but I would like to know:

FOCUS:What is your experience of being a young black male, or female in America and/or abroad? Are you constantly looked on with suspicion everywhere you go. How, generally, do white people or other races react to and treat you?

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

What's your number?

Focus: How many people have you slept with? How many people is "too many" for a partner? Too few? Do you judge people of the opposite sex because of their number? For those in relationships, do you wish you/your partner slept with more (/fewer?) people before getting into the relationship?

Alt. Focus: What does it take to "count"? Blowjob? Orgasm? "I'm still a virgin because I only let the football team do me in the butt"?

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would it possible to have a Syria thread? Resource links for good explanations of what's going on, what the US interests are, etc. I've enjoyed the "Shit's getting real in Egypt" threads and the like in the past.

Focus: What's up with Syria?

15. ZJB

ZJB
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'll get to it later

Alright, so I am in decent shape and I try to remain fairly active, but sometimes my own laziness has no bounds. I am usually a big fan of crime shows when I am watching TV. Often these shows do not let on who the murderer or culprit is until near the end of the show. Well the other day I was watching one of these shows trying to find the motivation to work out. The idea struck me to google the episode to "spoil" the ending for myself. It worked. Once I read the ending I turned the TV off and went and got in my workout for the day.

Focus: Lazy moments: Let's hear the stories of you at your worst.

Alt Focus: Are there any workaholics out there? When have you pushed yourselves to your limits?

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Safety First

This story about the ladies who got lost while hiking, were rescued, and then later that night drove their minivan into the ocean and drowned is such a terrible tragedy. I hope that someone that reads that article, will then take the time to read this article about escaping a vehicle in the water.

When my father was in college, he was in a car accident that included a truck running him off a road into a pond. It wasn't deep enough to submerge the car, but he immediately became cognizant of the fact that it could have been. And, so making sure he knew what to do, and subsequently all his children, if you crashed into water, became very important to him. Ever since I had my first car (over 25 years ago), I have kept a tool in the middle console or otherwise close by, that has a glass breaker and seat belt cutter on it. I always thought that everyone knew the importance of getting the window down or broken. Apparently not.

Focus: What is a safety tip you've been taught that you think everyone should know?

Alt. Focus: How funny is this last line in the article at the end of an otherwise tragic story?

17. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Caption contest!

A new nightclub opened up in town, and this is one of many amazing pics from their opening night.

Caption 1: Penises: now available in invisible.
    Caption 2: Ermagehhhhhrd brests!

Attached Files:

18. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the least appropriate thing you've heard recently?

Attached Files:

19. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HOW DO I REACH THEEEEESE KEEEEDS!?

School is starting back up. I am once again being reminded that some people should not be in education.

Focus: Tell us the stories of your education. Any good teachers who inspired you to save babies or whatever. Any teacher who you thought should be publicly shamed for being beyond incompetent?

Secondary Focus: Have any of your old high school classmates surprised you with what they have been able to accomplish in the real world?