Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Things women want and the things men think women want.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[Self-Delete]

Swing and a miss.

2. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'm pretty sure we can have a thread like this without her. Lets try shall we? Everyone grab their grown up pants first.

4. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Deleted

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always liked dave chappelles take:

"If it makes your man feel more like a man to watch the game then let him do it. Don't sit there starring at him making him feel guilty for it. Try this, when he looks over at you just whip out ya titty and suck on it a bit. It'll make him remember why he fell in love with you in the first place."

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're not married, are you?

Women expect men to know what it is they want, without them having to ask. Their wants and desires can change at the drop of a hat (moreso during a particular time of the month) and we men are expected to be able to discern these wants through some mythic innate ability they seem to believe we possess. It is only after considerable cohabitation and keen observation that this ability shifts from the mythic to the concrete and becomes the truest definition of "game," and it involves catchphrases such as, "Yes, dear" and, "You're right!"

7. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds a lot like, "Fuck you" and "You have to sleep sometime" to me.

8. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't stand it when you can tell there is something wrong, and ask what it is, and they say "nothing"

It is always nothing.

But then they start crying, and you ask again, and again, they say nothing, while chocking back their tears.

So you say you know something is wrong, then they do that hand emphasis that everything is fine, while crying and move in for the hug, and then finally tell you.

And the man by then is so annoyed that they shouldn't be opening up their weak points like the neck to them with the hands so, so close.

Fuck that "nothing" shit. Tell us what you feel so we don't have to keep asking. We aren't the rain man, we don't like repeating ourselves.

9. Rutabaga

Rutabaga
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is where I get hung up. If anyone comes up to me with some small problem that has a simple solution that I have a suggestion for how to fix, my mouth is going to open and words are going to fly out. All that person has to do to appease me is acknowledge I said it. I don’t give a shit if they use my solution, but getting angry because I offered one or trying to convince me it won’t work when they had no intention of trying it anyway seems a little weird. This would apply to men and women equally if men didn’t usually have the decency to just say, “Yeah,” or “I should try that,” then keep on talking.

To sum it up:

What women want:

Someone to vent to about their problems.

What men think women want:

Help with their problems.

Tip for men:

Nod and smile/frown as needed.

I have never read it, but I think this is pretty much the entire idea behind Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus.

10. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Communication is a two way street. Do you look her directly in the eye and say, "It's obvious something is wrong with you. I want to help so, I want you to sit down with me and calm down so you can tell me what it is." Or do you just get frustrated and annoyed with her? Would you want to share something that is upsetting you with someone that IS upset with you?

Also, I'm sure age plays into this in a big way. If something is bothering me I say it. But, I'm older and mean.

11. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

But see, when I ask "what's wrong" in any other interaction with a human being other than in a relationship, this pretty much gets my message across that I would like to know what is wrong. Why does it need all of the other stuff? Other than the fact that the person that is playing the "nothing" game is poking around trying to elicit some kind of dramatic reaction, obviously.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Are you fucking (screwing, making sweet sweet love wtfever you know what I mean) those other humans BD? Do you have that intimate connection with them? I doubt it. That creates these situations...no matter how good it is.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

(this is with jägerette and all the former jägerettes)

Course I do that. I am Kind Karing Kuhjäger. Though it is frustrating when women aren't entirely open, I wonder if there is some sort of societal pressure, or something that is out there that women feel that they can't be open?

I know men are "supposed" to be tough, not show their emotions, or talk about feelings, but is there something that women feel that they have to keep emotions from men too? Do they think we will think less of them after opening up?

14. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

But that's what I'm getting at. When I do form that intimate connection with another person, which is a very powerful emotional link that goes beyond your standard casual relationships (fucking around or one night stands or whatever), wouldn't that stand to reason that if she trusts and loves me enough to be on that level with me, then she should be able to skip the unnecessary bullshit and just communicate her feelings instead of knowingly creating drama?

I know that this is not present in every relationship, and that the kind of woman that I would be(and have been) on that level with would not have a problem with this. But you can't just say that those actions are just part of the relationship bargain.

15. the antihero

the antihero
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hey the bolded part was just me being an misogynistic asshole for no reason.

In reality our relationship is like this:

She is the woman and generally does womanly things and I'm the man and I do manly things. We're separate but equal in our natures. I'm a bit more dominant and she is a bit more submissive. We both aren't afraid to call each other out on each other's bullshit. However the one thing that defines our relationship is our polarity. For example my gf knows what she wants to do like 10% of the time. The other 90% she has no idea. I usually decide wtf we are going to do. A lot of my friends have shitty relationships because their conversations with their girlfriends go something like this:

friend - hey baby you hungry?
    gf - yes lets eat
    friend - where do you want to eat?
    gf - i dont know
    friend - i dont know either baby you decide
    gf - ummm
    friend - we could go blah blah blah

It's ineffective leadership and indecisiveness - girls I have found (and not just my girlfriend but girls in general) hate that shit. They want the guy who will tell them to wear something pretty, take em out somewhere nice or cook at home, make conversation, and just generally speaking make them feel like a woman and not have to worry about anything.

I don't want to speak for all men but I will say for myself I don't want that stepford wife bullshit. Intelligent discourse and intellectual stimulation is really fucking important. My gf and I are different from most couples because we are both huge nerds and I can make her wet talking about organic chemistry and chair conformations in cyclohexanes but the idea is the same - there are three 'levels' I believe in relationships:
    -intellectual
    -emotional
    -sexual

Both of you have to work hard to satisfy each other on all three levels. If you do that you will have a great relationship.

That said yea my girlfriend does my laundry, but I always cook so things kind of balance out.

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So you think that because you form that bond via sex the rest should flow easier because of that? Oh you poor boys.

Maybe to her it's not drama. Maybe to her it's because of that bond that she feels she can't just outright share everything for fear of being judged (deserved or not) by the person she is closest with and whos opinion matters most.

Think of it this way, if you came home one day and she was visibly upset, you ask she gives the old nothing, you ask again she gives the same answer showing more signs of being upset. By the third time your voice is agitated and rightly so but, like I said earlier, if she is that upset, why do you think it'd be naturally easier for her to open up to you because you're having sex in a relationship, if you're agitated already? How does she know that what she wants to tell you you won't just blow off or demean it and/or it's impact on her?

EDIT: I don't understand why the relationship needs a "leader." It's not a country or a war. I'm not for 50/50 because I think that's a crock. I'm for 60/40 constantly rotating.

I'm tired but, I'm still glad I suggested this thread. Atleast it's making some, myself included, think and maybe even post.

17. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Where did I say that the bond came from sex? I think you are misunderstanding what I mean when I say "intimate relationship". I've always believed the term encapsulated the complete physical, mental, and emotional bond between two people.

When I've been in relationships with girls on this level, they were my best friends. I could tell them anything, and they were the same with me for the most part. What judging could there be- they already know all of the good, bad, and really ugly that comes with me. They always knew (at least, I always communicated to them) that I was there to open up to, and I did the same with them if I needed an outlet.

I know every situation is different and that, if anything, my experiences are probably the exception not the rule. Reality TV has to come from somewhere, I guess.

18. the antihero

the antihero
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm not a psychologist but I am really good are dealing with girls when they have issues especially since I've had to deal with the 'what's wrong-nothing' conversation more than once.

the most effective way of dealing with it is understanding what her intentions are. I feel like I can speak for most women here to solely based off my experience with my girlfriend and my other girl friends. Note the following isn't my work but it is filthy effective and has made ALL my relationships better not just the one between my girlfriend and I. Directly pasted our of my personal notes:

when a woman tells you her problem or issue, she is not looking for advice on how to fix the issue or even make herself feel better about the issue. She isn't looking for an excuse on why you didn't answer her call last night, etc., even if she literally asks "why didn't you pick up when I called you last night... blah blah blah"

This last part is hard for guys to understand and indeed it took me a lot of time and research to really get it. So while they may say they want to know what your excuse is, it is not their purpose in asking the question (at least not their main purpose). Their main purpose is two-fold: 1.) To gain confirmation that you understand her problem or issue and 2.) That you genuinely care about her feelings (doesn't mean you have to agree with them or even think they are logical). The best way to do this is by articulating what she says to you back to her (confirmation) and in a way that shows some empathy and understanding (shows you care).

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It is and they are. Everyone has their strong points and negative ones.

Wait a second, how do you know about reality TV? They don't have TV's in the bayou.

And, antihero, the fact you have "personal notes" such as this I find odd but, whatever works for you. Like Allord said, you've got the right one because it works for you two but, sometimes your phrasing makes the relationship seem more like a game of Stratego, with your "research" and "personal notes". I agree with that last part though.

20. The Chairman

The Chairman
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Note that this has proven a very ineffective way of responding to a police officer's inquiry into why you are not wearing pants at the elementary school playground.