Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

There was a sequel to that?

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Kubla Kahn, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Mighty Ducks 2 was the shizzz. Honestly, the flying V and the knuckle puck? How they even had anything that would be considered competition with that deadly combination is beyond me. D3 was killed for me when they had that pip squeak kids sports commentator. Fucking trash.

Speaking of abortions, Id say by far the worst sequel Ive ever seen was The Sandlot 2. They totally rehashed the plot, replacing a Babe Ruth ball with a model of the space shuttle, adding girls to the team, switching PF Flyers for Nikes, and taking away all of the awe and wonderment of being a kid. They must have ran out of funds because during the middle of the chase scene at the end the film score drops out and turns into something that sounds like it came from a kids Casio keyboard.

2. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

What about Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day? I wanted to love this movie so much it was ridiculous. I won't say I hate it, but they tried way too hard to recreate the success of the first one. They followed the exact same formula to a T. I liked the flashback scenes and learning about their father. I liked it when Rocco showed back up, that was an awesome scene. The movie as a whole, however, was such a huge disappointment I regretted buying it the day it came out on DVD. I could have saved myself some money had I waited a few weeks.

3. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Agreed on all points, but that's kind of what the whole movie was. The first movie became a cult classic so he remade it with a few differences and it fell flat. The woman detective was annoying as hell, the new funny man was nothing compared to Rocco, etc.

I think I like that scene just because it has Rocco in it, I have no explanation but I do like it.

#43 abneretta, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cannot believe that nobody has said Spider-Man 2 yet. For this, I applaud you guys. The first one wasn't fantastic but was at least an entertaining flick. The second one got better reviews, but I thought it was too much of a sappy love story. I haven't seen the third one and don't plan to.

The first time that I saw X2: X-Men United I thought it was better than the first one, but upon repeat viewings I would say they are pretty equal. I like them both. I never saw the third one or fourth one, though.