Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The world is hunting you.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Stolen from another forum thread but I think it has potential here.

You are playing the world's biggest game of hide and seek. Except, you are the only one hiding and the entire world has to try to find you. You get 90 minutes of prep-time and there are no rules regarding how everyone can look for you. (Satellite, thermal imaging, etc. is all on the table.) You can use whatever resources you want in your mission, the only rule is you cant hurt anyone (i.e. you cant just gun down some random person that finds you). You have to stay perfectly hidden for 72 hours. The prize is a lifetime of free food at Red Lobster.

Focus: How do you succeed in your mission?

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The only way to win is not to play.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can you just hide at Red Lobster?

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I've done it before. What prize do I win?

When my ptsd was really bad, about 4-5 years ago, there were some family members who were trying to do an intervention thing and get me committed even though I just needed to continue seeing the help I was getting at the time. My wife was on my side but my family is evil when they wanna be.

She knew I had basic stuff ready so I got out of dodge in a hurry. Maybe 30 min. I told her where I was going (the dense woods on our property a mile behind our place), I took the essentials and boiled spring water in a pot and ate rabbits I trapped for 4 nights and 5 days total until it all settled down. Even though I was walking distance away from her no one knew I was there, the trees dispersed the smoke. I kept in touch with her via a solar charger I had for my phone.

On a related note, I'm very proud I can survive in the wilderness. It taught me a lot and I credit that experience to helping me turn the corner and finally improve with my ptsd. The whole "you can survive on your own" deal.

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Prepaid credit card charged with cash, park randomly some place within walking distance to a hotel, profit.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sounds like the opening scenes for John Wick III.

I'm going to assume that nobody is pre-warned during the initial 90 minutes, and that it's not just prep time, you basically get a 90 minute head start.

If I was back in BC, I'd just grab my camping/fishing bag and raft and drive off into the mountains... ditch the Jeep into a gully somewhere well out of sight, then float down streams/rivers to get well away from it, and then disappear.

It's desolate enough that a concerted search and rescue operation can't find people that want to be found... it shouldn't be too hard to stay away from people on purpose for only 72 hours.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It doesn't even have to be desolate. In fact, if somebody's hunting you with a thermal cam and satellite and air support, I'd think you be found quicker in the empty woods than a "hiding place." It's just 72 hours. There's several abandoned buildings not too far from me that used to be offices. Easy to break in unnoticed. Leave my cell phone, car keys and everything else in my office, and walk across the street to the Rite Aid pharmacy. I would spend the 90 minutes buying a cheap backpack, 4 Snicker bars and some water bottles with cash. Also, grab a few cans of Spaghetti O's and I will see you in 4 days at Red Lobster.

8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nobody's gonna try an ingenious disguise and hide in plain site?