Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Whopperito.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Burger King introduced the Whopperito. Thats pretty revolting. I think the only thing that tops it is the KFC Double-Down:

[​IMG]

I never had it, but a friend of mine did and he threw up a half hour later. I try to eat healthy for the most part, especially during the week as its a lot easier to work in healthy eating with the work routine and try to practice the keto diet. On the weekends I eat like a fucking fat kid though. The only time I go whole-hog is when its girl scout cookie time. I put Tag-a-Longs and Thin Mints away like its nobody's business. We've already covered comfort food in another thread a while ago, but this is different. This is waging psychological warfare on one's health and wellbeing.

Focus: What do you do in the open or privately that makes you a fat piece of shit?

Alt Focus: The Whopperito and the constantly evolving (or devolving) of fast food.

2. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh, the whopperito (dumb name) is just a whopper with a tortilla instead of a bun. I will say it looks like it is really big, which would probably put it on par calorie-wise with a double or triple whopper. If there was a junior whopperito (jesus what a stupid name), I'd eat it.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You would think that considering the push for healthier eating the last 25 years that fast food would evolve to try and be healthier, evidently it has done the exact opposite.

"Drunk food" or not, if you eat at KFC you hate yourself and want to die. You can actually see cancer swimming around in their Famous Bowls. The only place worse is your local shitty fair, where you can actually eat Deep Fried Butter right before you ride the Whirl-n-Puke.

There are guys at my work who eat fast food for lunch EVERY goddamn day. Revolting. That stuff already makes you feel like shit after eating it, much more when you work a physical job.

4. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think as a society as a whole, there has been a good push towards healthier lifestyles, however there still needs to be somewhere to go when you say "Fuck it, I want something disgusting yet delicious". The healthier you get, the further down the other end of spectrum you can go when you want a treat/punishment. That's the niche stuff like this fills.

5. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My biggest eating downfall is drinking. When I drink I get the munchies, so not only am I packing on the calories inherent in a six pack of beer or a pint of bourbon, but I'm combining it with pretzels, cheese, sandwiches, beef jerky, salami, nuts and whatever else is lying around. It's a habit I've only gotten into the last 5 years, but I've probably put on 40 pounds in that time.

And I may, or may not, have had an order of fries, two deep fried hot dogs and two mugs of beer yesterday for lunch.

#5 Misanthropic, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the more educated, urban/suburban sect of the US has gotten healthier, by and large, but there is still a large segment of people who eat like absolute trash. I had an old co-worker, college educated and decently successful, who ate Popeyes for lunch 2-3 days a week. He'd supplement the rest with Panda Express or McDonalds.

Hell, I went to a wedding, with a buffet style meal, recently where I watched multiple people get red skin garlic mashed potatoes (which were fucking excellent) and finding no gravy, covered them in fucking alfredo sauce from a nearby chicken and pasta dish. I mean 5-10 just when I was in line. No doubt those people would smash a double down with glee.

I don't eat much fast food at all, cause it makes me feel like shit, and there are far more satisfying "cheat" foods around, even late night, living in a big city. My hockey team used to celebrate victories with Taco Bell after games, and that was my minimal FF intake. Fresca tacos and a crunchwrap. I don't really have any fat slob eating habits. Its kind of a byproduct of eating pretty healthy. I'm not some obnoxious Whole Foods loyalist with no refined sugars, but its pretty low carb. Gummi Bears, tacos, and chips are my main vices. The Whopperito looks fucking disgusting but it does make me crave a sushi burrito.

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking LOVE fast food. I use to eat it at least 10-12 times a week. Then I hit my late 20's and became skinny fat. In my early 30's I started working out and kept eating the same. That worked for a while but by mid-late 30's I had to start cleaning up my diet. I wish I were one of those people who feel like shit after eating fast food. Instead, I feel elated.

Great, now I want some Carl's Jr (Hardess) and I have a fucking salad to eat for lunch.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ms. katokoch loves baking and will make me a big batch of peanut butter cookies or loaf of banana bread whenever I want. I take advantage of this as much as possible. Let's just say it's a good thing I am decently active and still* have a hot metabolism, otherwise I'd be in trouble.

Taco John's and Culver's are fast food vices of mine. I would say my thing for TJ's is because of the one located nearby my house when I was growing up- it was a treat when we were good. Not sure what else could explain it. If I'm on a long road drive I will get a six pack and a pound (putting half a dozen oles in each taco) and just absorb the thing. Otherwise I worked at a Culver's during high school and not only is everything on the menu delicious but the places are spotless and run to very high standards.

*clinging to my youth here

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My downfall is drinking then binge eating, though I've at least try and stick to fat/protein foods when I do. Buffalo wings don't have carbs bitches!

I started the primal diet (basically paleo with dairy)a few months back and was quite surprised that my old food cravings vanished. I used to be the first person out of their chair when donuts or begals come in the office. Now it doesn't even register.

I will still check for new Doritos flavors to try.

10. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Last night I went to Walgreens to pick up a prescription and walked out with the biggest bag of gummy bears. The bag is already half gone and still going.

I'm a candy whore and I regret nothing. Will also whore myself out for pasta.

11. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I actually had to make an appearance at the office, it was embarrassing how much I ate at Zaxbys.

I would eat a number 4 like three times a week. I would go to different Zaxbys throughout the city because I was ashamed and didn't want the register workers to start recognizing me as such a regular customer.

I once ate an entire number 4 combo, then drove to another Zaxbys for another grilled chicken sandwich. It felt so wrong to be unsated by an entire meal. I always felt like I could eat two, that day I did.

When I left that area 10 or so years ago, there were all these glorious delis and pubs that made great, semi-healthy sandwiches or soups, lots of options. When I came back 2 years ago, they were all closed or their quality went far down hill. I tried them all and searched for a decent place to eat around the office. Sadly, Zaxbys grilled chicken was about the best option, and in the end I ate it far too much.

12. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I eat more fast food than I would care to admit. Krystal's 5 for $5 deal and Cook Out's tray that comes with a main course, 2 sides (options include a quesadilla, a corn dog, onion rings, hush puppies, plus a few others), and a drink for about $6 and change after tax are both great for my wallet. Then there is Taco Bell, which I try to avoid but sometimes can't help it. I also love Chick-fil-A and Jimmy John's; both are high quality and relatively cheap for fast food, not to mention that they have the best service out of all Atlanta fast food restaurants.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love Whataburger. It's my go-to fat food. I can eat an entire #17 by myself...chicken bites, fries, Texas toast and a large Diet Dr Pepper.

I love Chick-Fil-A, but I usually get a kids meal. Not sure why I hold back with CFA but go full on fat kid on WB. Beats me.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: California burrito from Juanitas after drinking. Fries, sour cream (which I never get), carne asada, pico and guac. Insanely good. Good for putting on some mass too.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may or may not have just found out they have 6 pound bags of Black Forest gummy bears at Sam's.

16. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I don't really feel that bad for eating fast food now and then, especially since I get a normal-sized meal when I do. But the three things I feel guiltiest about bingeing on are:

1. Sitting down with a bag of chips and a jar of Tostitos salsa con queso. I never feel more alive nor more disgusting than shoveling that fake cheese product into my mouth.
    2. Eating a pint of chocolate peanut butter Haagen Dazs in a sitting. I've tried to savor it, it just doesn't happen.
    3. I'm pretty sure this is only an NYC thing but there are these two super ghetto mini-chains called Crown Fried Chicken and Kennedy Fried Chicken that are very cheap and the. Most. Amazing. Place. To eat. After drinking. A lot of them have bullet-proof glass between you and the people working there, and this one time I went to one with nom right after we bought drugs and a swarm of cops came in to arrest a guy for heroin and we were completely scared we were about to get searched and arrested too. So, you know, just one of those places I cherish. I could down their mozzarella stick and fries special or one of their fried chicken boxes so fast I don't even remember doing it. The closest one to my latest apartment is just slightly too far of a walk in the opposite direction of the subway to go to so I rarely go there anymore, but man oh man do I get excited when I'm nearby one on my way home.

My appetite has changed a lot, though, so I very rarely want to nor can pig out anymore. I know it's a good thing, but sometimes eating your feelings is fun, you know? The snack I end up craving most is fruit and it's FUCKING DUMB.

17. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can't cook to save my own life, and accordingly my diet is terrible. Frozen taquitos/chimichangas are the order of the day. I wash it down with water, when I don't succumb to my sugar addiction with Pepsi, which is pretty much 95% of the time. I should be the fattest fuck waddling around Walmart, but at 5'9" I'm only 163 pounds. Accordingly, I remind myself that I'm in no position to look down on those people simply because I was dealt a better starting hand.

Is that the KFC version of:
    [​IMG]

18. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I generally eat pretty clean but I'm fundamentally a sugar monster. At one point in 2013 I went three months without refined flour or sugar of any kind, and my sweet tooth still would not shut the fuck up. Chewy/creamy texture is my kryptonite: if I can make a 1 lb. box of See's chocolates or a batch of chocolate chip cookie dough last over 48 hours, I consider that a victory. I generally do each of the above about 1-2 times a year, hate myself, and then eventually develop a craving again and around and around we go...

19. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cook Out and Chic-fil-a are my weakness. Now that I think about it, what I get isn't that bad but there's always the temptation of a milkshake at both places.

This makes me wish I still had a Sam's membership... those are the best gummies.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can only get the 2 lb bag at Kroger, but it's still Black Forest. And, there's no comparison.