Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

“Lost In Space” has been remade for Netflix on a HUGE scale it looks like. Now that TV shows are getting better cgi, they want to flex that for their content.

What would you LIKE to see remade on TV? I’d love to write a complete remake of The Terminator as a premium cable series.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Something like Ender’s Game would be cool. Just a drama about kids at a space military college.

Or Halo, which Spielberg is bringing to life this fall.

For something a bit unique, a dramatic interpretation of life as seen theough retrofuturism artwork. Imagine a serious take on The Jetsons.

Or a series on Alien’s Space Marines... from boot camp to first drop.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I like to imagine how much fun you could have stretching out “The Thing” to about 8 to 10 episodes on a good budget. Really focusing on the paranoia and self-doubt of who the imposter is...and use practical effects of course.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The Terminator franchise has been raped to death at this point, and I say that as it’s my favorite one. The TV series from a few years ago was far better than movies T3 - T5. Turns out Cersei is a better Sarah Connor than Khaleesi. Part of what made the first two so good is that James Cameron is such a psychopath when it comes to filmmaking. If he was the main show runner, which he wouldn’t be, it would work I think.

I’d like to see a reboot of the TV show Sliders. It had such great potential and was completely ruined by network execs after the first three seasons. Another one would be the show Millenium. It was a spin-off of the X-Files and was pretty dark, again, ruined by the network.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

On a same note, I want Quantum Leap to come back with Scott Bakula playing Al’s role. That was SUCH a great series, one of the most fun and entertaining sci-fi shows ever. And it also ended perfectly, not the way you expected it to.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have, a few times, and it was really enjoyable. I thought it was too short, so would love to see more of the same, but more in depth.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The ending depressed the hell out of me. Thats it? He just decides to never go home to his wife? Does he even have a relationship with Al?

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Admiral Al, or Al the bartender? Because he didn’t return I think so Al could go back to HIS wife, wasn’t it?

Whatever, awesome show. It barely made it through its first season and the final episode had over 13 million viewers. Talk about winning over an audience.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Admiral Al. I just assumed since Al's wife waited for him to come back from Vietnam and they had a family, he never turned into Sleezebag Al and never would have joined Project Quantum Leap. Al the bartender was God or some other omnipotent being.

10. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't know where to put this, so I guess I'll just leave it here. If you didn't notice, Letterkenny is now on Hulu. It's nice to finally be able to put all of the clips I've watched in to some kind of context.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have every episode, so if anyone is looking for a copy and can't find it, PM me. It's a fantastic show.

12. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny story, I was talking about Letterkenny at my daughter's end of season soccer party(my wife is their coach), and one of the soccer moms asked how I knew about the show since at the time it was only on in Canada. I told her that I had seen "best of's" and whatnot and that I thought it was hilarious. She proceeds to tell me that Jared Keeso is her cousin. She also said that she really enjoys the show, but that some of the family were not too happy with him and how they perceived he was depicting them.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That’s how you know it’s on the money.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This is a nice surprise:

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone happen to catch The Mayans? It's Kurt Sutter's latest (Sons of Anarchy)

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Amazon's Jack Ryan.

Loving it.

Highly recommend it.

Anyone else watching/watched it?

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just finished the series, and I really, really enjoyed it. Krasinski knocked it out of the park.

Highly recommend it.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Cool I’ll check it out. On a similar note, Michael B Jordan is going to play John Clark in a movie or two. Should be cool, although he seems a bit young to play that character. Liev Schrieber was too.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone watch the new Magnum remake?

I mean, I'm skeptical as FUCK... I grew up with Magnum and Simon and Simon as the mainstays of my entertainment... so a remake of Magnum immediately gets my hackles up.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Doesn’t blow my skirt up. You can’t remake this: