Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Anyone else watching Suits? The third season started yesterday, and it was pretty great, what with Louis once again screwing himself. And that ending. Geez.

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: The Wall

I missed the last episode of season 2, had no idea season 3 was this week, it's a great show as long as Donna is in every episode.

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Suits is one of my favorites, but something is bothering me: how is it that a British national can be tried in a US court for a murder that occurred in another country?

"Just Donna. It's Both a name and a title." Priceless.

6. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love the show and highly recommend it.

I'm not a lawyer, but I assumed it was because the payment of the bribe took place in New York. I don't remember if this was ever actually established, but she was charged for bribery in New York so it makes sense. And she was charged with conspiracy to commit murder, and that crime (I'm assuming) did take place in the US.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Eastbound and Down, despite what people have said on here about it being over, returns with a new season September 29th(or something).

Finally, motherfucker.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A very solid first 2 episodes. I love Stevie's lines the best, espcially with his semi-retarded way of speaking. I was on the floor laughing.

10. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The way Stevie said 'good' when he commented on Kenny's fragrance line made me laugh for a solid minute.

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Minor Spoilers.

Dracula. Christ, what a pile of shit. I'm no fan of the book, but Coppola's version was insanely good. There was absolutely no reason to re-imagine something if the entire re-imaging was devoid of anything clever or compelling. Every deviation was done "just because." It's all hollow. "We barely have a story beyond making this dude do a bitchin' American accent, so let's also throw a Matrix style fight into it for no fucking reason." This was an actual memo. Tell me I'm lying.

- No reason to make Dracula fake an American accent if no one knows who the fuck he is to begin with. Also, nice rip-off of Count of Monte Cristo.

- The Order of The Dragon is literally "Dracula" in his native tongue. Why is his mortal enemy taking his fucking name? Couldn't come up with another Romanian name? No doubt they will show Dracula was a member and they end up killing him, but come on. They're also mimicking the fucking conspiracy theory version of the Free Masons in this show. Fuck off.

- Why is there a German guy chilling on a rooftop waiting to karate fight Dracula with swords in slow motion? Why is it Dracula can smell other people, but not this fucking guy that no doubt reeks of sausage and beer? Oh, right, slow motion back flip scene.

- Blood splatters = scary. Every opportunity for real build-up or tension failed. But we have tons of blood because we're edgy.

I was not a fan of NBC re-doing Hannibal, and this follows the same suit. Except worse. It looks pretty, looks slick, so it fools you into thinking there's substance. There isn't. So it will no doubt be a big hit.

I'll give it one more episode. I'm almost seething this was such a waste of a great opportunity. Waste of a great character. Just like Hannibal they take one of the best written characters ever, hollow him out, and fill him with runny doodoo-feces. This doesn't deserve its own thread, just wanted to bitch.

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you haven't seen the last 3 episodes of South Park you are cheating yourself. They just did an epic 3 parter covering Game of Thrones, PS4 vs Xbox One and Black Friday. It was fucking great. One of the best South Park arcs ever. Just fucking perfect.

13. Aristotle

Aristotle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sherlock Season 3 has premiered in the UK. The first episode is now up on the torrent sites :)

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second this, fantastic show

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just started watching this a few days ago, didn't even know season 3 was about to premier. It's really, really good. They play the characters a lot closer to the source material than any other iteration of Sherlock that we've seen lately. The take on Moriarty is FANTASTIC.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Better Call Saul, Vince Gilligan's spinoff for Breaking Bad will debut in November. I look forward to epic one-liners a-plenty.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Just finished Season 3 of Sherlock. Episodes 1 and 2 were good (they did a decent job dealing with the end of The Reichenbach Fall and the introduction of Mary and the awkward reintroduction of Sherlock into Watson's life). But holy shitsnacks, Episode 3 came out of nowhere for me. Brilliantly done.

18. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've only just started to watch Sherlock, because me pops recommended it and there was an episode on the other night. I'd had no interest beforehand, because I'd assumed it was set in Victorian times, but holy shit balls am I glad that isn't the case-this show is fucking amazing. The first episode I watched happened to be the very last one, and I was glued to it. Watched the episode 'The Blind Banker' tonight, and it was just as good-so good that I just ordered all three seasons from Amazon. What with that and Brooklyn 99, my Monday nights are looking pretty sweet-I needed something quality to fill the void left by 30 Rock.

Loved this exchange between Holmes and Watson:

"Did you bring your gun?"
    "Why would I bring my gun to Christmas at your parents house?"
    "Is it in your coat pocket?"
    "Yes."

19. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Blind banker was probably the weakest episode of the 9. The ones dealing with Moriarty and Irene Adler are fucking sublime.

20. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

God yes.

#100 Angel_1756, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015