Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

What he said. Such high expectations, and such a big letdown. It reminded me of The Gilmore Girls (rapid, over-the-top dialogue that no one speaks with in real life) or Sorkin's own Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. God willing, this show won't last.

2. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, it was rather lackluster. Though in both the interview and a few reviews I read, it was mentioned that the show really gels and takes off in the 4th episode. I won't know. Verizon decided to end our free ride of HBO after 18 months, and I don't think it's worth $17/month. Luckily, we're still getting Cinemax gratis, and season 2 of Strike Back is set to start in August.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Did anyone watch Political Animals? Now there is a good topical show. Forget that Sorkin BS. I hope it takes, because the pilot was great.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched it and enjoyed it, Clinton overtures not withstanding. I agree it was better (less preachy) than Sorkin's latest TV effort, but it didn't come close to besting The West Wing so far as political dramas go.

And it's a "limited series event" which I guess means it longer than a mini-series, but not a full-fledged seasonal series.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From what I can tell, Political Animals is 6 episodes. Judging from the first one, I'll watch them all. I fuckin hate the guy that plays Clinton's doppelganger, though. I find him uncomfortably unattractive.

The guy that plays the druggie son, he's never played anything but bad news in any show I've ever seen him in. As soon as I saw him in the first five minutes I thought, "Well, there's your problem right there".

Carla Gugino is awesome. Super hot, and an amazing actress. Can't wait to see more.

This show actually made me want to believe that Sigourney Weaver was hot for a minute, which has never been true, so she's playing true to the Hillary part...

And let's be fair, Adrian Pasdar is always good at playing a dickhead, so POTUS is a good role for him.

6. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else catching the Reelz original series XIII? Premise is Bournesque, but not bad fare for summer Friday nights.

7. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Has anyone seen the first season of Continuum? A friend has been raving about it and I've seen some very positive reviews, but I just watched the first episode and it was fucking stupid. Does it improve or am I better off not wasting my time?

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am absolutely loving Suits on USA, especially the way Donna's boobs jiggled in that black dress as she made her strut back in the office this week. An oasis in the Death Valley that is summer programming. Is season 1 available on Netflix?

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Pilot for Revolution is up early:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378</a>

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else been watching the new BBC America series Copper? It's like a more cosmopolitan Deadwood, but with a lot less cursing.

11. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somebody else mentioned The Thick of It earlier in the thread, but I wanted to second the recommendation.

Especially, now that it's on Hulu in it's entirety and they've started making episodes exclusively for Hulu.

Definitely worth a watch. It definitely nails satire the way that only the Brits can do satire.

12. Fabrique

Fabrique
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Seen this and thought it looks pretty good so I thought I'd share.

#72 Fabrique, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

No Justified Season 4 thread?

14. Fusion

Fusion
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Mr Selfridge

Centers on the real-life story of the flamboyant and visionary American founder of Selfridge's, London's department store.

And has PIVEN in it.

#74 Fusion, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We haven't had an Office thread in a long time, so I'll say this here; What in the flaming fuck are they doing with Pam and the sound guy? We've spent 8 and a half seasons happy with Jim and Pam, and they're throwing this shit at us for the final season? It makes me fucking angry.

16. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone here watch The Following?? I'm mildly obsessed with anything regarding serial killers so this show has me hooked. I also think Kevin Bacon is really great in this show.

17. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was kind of not sure about this show, but i started watching it, now i cant stop. First ep takes a bit to get into as they are setting up the rest of the show, but so far so good.

18. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I like the idea to bring some people from the documentary crew out from behind the camera, but this is the worst goddamn way to do it. Fuck the sound guy.

19. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is anyone still watching Girls?

I still cannot figure out if I enjoy it or not.

20. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I'm watching it. I'm in the same boat - I like it but l also don't like it. I feel like Lena Dunham is being really self-indulgent and it's getting annoying. But I keep watching in hopes that it will return to its former goodness.