Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goddamn.. I didn't expect to find this as funny as I remember it, but tonight's episode was great. The Jersey Shore idiots were a perfect target for their mockery. Immature as hell and hilarious just the same.

#41 jets22, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Just watched the first 3 episodes of 'Hell on Wheels'. A bit cheesy in places, but very watchable

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That may have been one of the best sitcom Thanksgiving episodes I've ever seen, and they're only like, 9 episodes into the show.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heck with the fervor over Zooey Deschanel, her model friend Cece is just white hot.

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Other than that has it gotten better? I think it was the fourth episode that was just so painfully awkward and forced I gave up on it, but if it's finding its stride I'm more than willing to pick it back up (... once I find a dealer)

7. jrm

jrm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The show would be very good if it wasn't for Deschanel's character. It's so ridiculously twee and borderline believable.

8. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the first two episodes, and either it's totally scripted, or these guys are letting a documentary crew film them doing shit that would get them sent to jail for years and years.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

It reminds me of those guys illegally logging the submerged old growth timber from the lakes, without permits, and they got arrested and majorly fined... all because they filmed it and let the world see what they were up to.

Never mind the Gold Rush Alaska guys who have brought on citations and fines and shut-downs doing the same thing.

Hilarious.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All in all Moonshiners is still interesting, the amped up drama isn't as bad as Discovery's other big reality shows and they give a decent amount of information about how the stills and stuff work.

Edit: They ever explain that the old dude Popcorn Sutton killed himself about three years ago? When they shoot this show?

11. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HBO cancelled "Bored to Death," "Hung" and "Making it in America." I didn't like any of these.

12. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just finished the final season of burn notice on Netflix. What an entertaining show when you want to just space out and watch people shoot and blow things up. I recommend it if you enjoy that sort of thing and have some time on your hands. I think its 62 episodes spread into four seasons.
    Although, it is a bit of the same thing over and over again, they do a decent job of keeping it interesting and fast paced.

14. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This question will probably be answered more by the ladies (and maybe should go in the things Guys Secretly Enjoy thread), but are there any So You Think You Can Dance fans on here that want to discuss it?

I never liked American Idol or Dancing with the Stars, but I am a huge SYTYCD fan and have few people to discuss it with.

15. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cinemax is repeating the first season of Strike Back and I caught the first episode the other night and while it wasn't great, it certainly didn't suck. Lots of gratuitous sex and violence. Not the quality of HBO original series, but more entertaining than most of the "reality" crap being served up. I'll stick with it.

16. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched a couple of episodes of Parks and Recreation on vacation a couple of weeks ago.

Is this show actually supposed to be funny? Is it some big meta-joke? With the exception of Ron Swanson, none of the other characters or scenarios even make me crack a smile. The main blonde actress is fucking awful, as is Anziz Ansari. I had heard so much about this goddamn show, and it's worse than a 60's family sitcom.

17. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is silly how excited I am for the return of White Collar, and as I have mentioned in other threads, I'm a big fan of Suits. U.S.A does the hour long dramadey very well.

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR driving home tonight and the guest was Jeff Daniels who is starring in the new Aaron Sorkin series The Newsroom premiering on HBO this Sunday. If the clips they played are any indication, this is going to be great television. The last time I was this excited about television was Regis Philbin's retirement.

19. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think this is the best place to put this.

This video is a tribute to the work of Aaron Sorkin: the recycled dialogue, recurring phrases, and familiar plot lines. This is not intended as a critique but rather a playful excursion through Sorkin's wonderful world of words.

#59 Gravy, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And how underwhelming it was. I was also looking forward to it, unfortunately it was a preachy, over-the-top satire with a shitty main character. Biggest let down in a while.