Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What? Seriously?

2. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the ginger grew on me, but I kinda had a crush on Amy Ryan from The Office anyway.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fair enough, but I don't know if I would use "hot" to describe either of them.

4. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think this is going to be the last season I can watch Hell's Kitchen, especially after last night. The drama is just over the top ridiculous, and they purposefully bring more and more incompetent ding-dongs on the show each year then keep them around longer than some of the more skilled chef's just for added entertainment value. This year there may only be 2 people tops that belong in that kitchen. Pretty soon it's going to be cast full of drooling retards that barely know how to boil water.

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HBOZone began rebroadcasting Deadwood weeknights at 10:00 pm central time as of last week, you fuckin' cunt cocksuckers.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Found the first season and the first couple episodes of the (current) second season of Strike Back on a torrent server recently.

It's highly entertaining, and I highly recommend it.

#26 Nettdata, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've recently taken up Leverage.

It's four seasons old (or so), and I've been catching it piecemeal, but it's really entertaining.

Bunch of thieves get convinced by the head guy after a big score to go hunting other bad guys. It's... surprisingly satisfying. And I fucking love the guy that played Lindsey in Angel as a muscle dude.. And the pickpocket girl? So hot.

8. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

On the topic of USA shows, Suits has really grown on me. It's about a genius college dropout who impresses a lawyer at a big firm who gives him a shot at being a (pretend) lawyer. The play between the two leads is tremendous in my opinion, and Rachel, the paralegal, is hotter than a supernova.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Everything he said, +1.

USA has like, 6 original shows now that are kick-ass. I would say they should be a broadcast network at this point, but let's face it. Cable's where it's at. And USA is leading the way.

10. Fusion

Fusion
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Love this show!

Good news it that it has been confirmed that it will be renewed for a second season (which will have more episodes then season 1 which had 12.)

Source: http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/08/suits-renewed-for-season-2/

11. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Friday Night Dinner.

If you enjoy British comedy, or laughing in general, this show is for you. Simon Bird from "The Inbetweeners", Tamsin somethingorother from Showtime's Episodes.

It's a half jewish family that has dinner together every friday night, and the show is fucking brilliant.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that I wanted to quote myself, but I forgot to mention the awkward comedy part of it. If you like being uncomfortable for 3-5 minutes of the comedies you watch, then Jim is for you. I love how scared he is by his own dog. Cracks me up every time.

13. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HBO is airing a one hour special with Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett taped at some theater where they tell hilarious stories from their experiences in show biz, and those of others (Cavett's retelling of Groucho Marx's story about Chico meeting Tallulah Bankhead is gold; Brooks tells the story of how Blazing Saddles came to be made). Very funny hour.

14. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly two episodes in I'm not sure if New Girl is good or not (Actually I know it's not) however the Douchebag Jar gag is almost worth watching the first episode for.

15. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will watch it as long as it's on the air, because I desperately want to fuck/be in a relationship with Zooey Deschannel.

Just finished watching through all the seasons of Big Bang Theory. I had never wanted to watch it, it seemed like it was one of those, uninspired go-for-the-easy-joke sitcoms, like Two and a Half Men. Turns out, it's far better than that drek. If you've been hanging back on this show, go ahead and watch it, it's pretty damn funny.

16. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Homeland premiers tonight after Dexter on Showtime starring Claire Danes, Morena Baccarin and Damian Lewis. This might actually turn out to be a decent thriller.

Previews

#36 bean, Oct 2, 2011
  17. Arms Akimbo

Arms Akimbo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any of you lucky people with Showtime catch "Homeland" tonight. Was it good? Every reviewer online has given it positive reviews so far, some even calling it the year's best new show.

18. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anyone else watch that FX show, American Horror Story tonight? Like it/hate it/thoughts?

I personally thought it was interesting, and a novel idea; definitely different from the rest of the crap that has been on tv as of late. I found it very hard to follow though with all the different looking people, who is in the house when, and stuff like that. It's a lot of flashy quick scenes that are semi-difficult to tie together at times, and I don't know how they are going to make this into an ongoing series if it catches on. It's very Paranormal Activity-esque just without the 1st person camera.

I'll watch it next week and form a solid opinion.

19. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Fabrique

Fabrique
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's happy this is coming back.

#40 Fabrique, Oct 27, 2011