Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Rick Ness. He's got his own operation now.

2. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was basically the experience of everyone in the tech start-up scene when Silicon Valley dropped. That shit hit like a brick.

3. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The season finale of severance was fucking amazing.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im glad it’s finding a wider audience and got renewed for season 2. My favorite show on TV right now.

5. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Me too. It didn't feel like Apple totally believed in it. Just didn't seem to be much of an advertising push for it.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The tension was fantastic. Especially knowing that Mark was going to
    use the name Ms. Cobel at some point, to his sister, but not knowing when. Waiting for that shoe to drop was intense.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was trying to find out info about a second season and it hasn't been renewed or canceled yet according to some interview with Ben Stiller (might be old news). Anyone heard anything yet?

Yeah, the tension was gut turning.

Mark using the wrong name for Cobel.
    Mark finding out his wife isn't dead.
    Dylan (this man is a friggin hero) holding himself in an impossible stretch for a loooong time. Could he last?
    Learning the outtie identify of Helly, and her keeping it together long enough to get on stage for a speech.
    WHERE IS THE BABY?!?!? DID COBEL KILL A BABY!?!?
    Not sure exactly where the story with Irving is headed, but he's about to burst in on a happy fam.

I'm not usually one for thrillers but this is just so odd and engrossing. I guess there are a few writers in different mediums exploring the idea of severing your consciousness. I think hubs was playing a game, maybe Cyberpunk??, where the prostitutes basically rented out their body and did not have to be conscious for their job. It's an interest concept.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been enjoying the hell out of Julia. It is on HBO here, not sure about where it airs in NA. It is about Julia Child getting her cooking show off the ground. Has a nice positive energy to it that makes me feel good at the end of each episode.

Sarah Lancashire portrays Julia Child better than Streep did in the film, and it is great to see David Hyde Pierce again, though he plays a far more demur Paul than the Tooch did.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'm wondering if Lumon is experimenting with cloning technology. It would tie together why they have deified their dead founder and why Mark's wife appears to be alive. She is the test run for transferring a consciousness to a clone.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

HBO Max has a new show called Tokyo Vice, based on the book by the same name. The book is a true story by the only american to ever be admitted to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Press Club.

It's about the Yakuza of course. The first three episodes were pretty interesting.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That makes sense. Cobel retrieved the chip and referred to it as Petey, not Petey's chip. That would be a solid lead into transfer of consciousness.

13. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, I figured I'd start this on everyone's advice on Sunday and ended up watching the entire season in one day. It was that good. Now I have to wait a whole year for more? Boooooo.

For anybody that might still be on the fence, don't wait. It's completely worth a watch. And that final episode was seriously one of the most stressful things I've ever watched.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Nice, I was wondering about that one. I'll check it out.

Finally wrapped up Dopesick. If Michael Keaton doesn't win an Emmy it will be a crime. He is just so good.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Watched the first two episodes of Tokyo Vice. The worst mistake was that the first episode was directed by Michael Mann. This is a mistake because he is so much better than whoever directed the episode after it. The quality drop is jarring. The lead actor is also super dull. He’s been studying Japanese language and culture for years, but immediately calls his boss by her first name? Lol. I’ll watch one more episode, but I feel like this show is on the verge of being really good but will never really get there.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, some shows needed to figure shit out in the first season to really hit their stride. Like Firefly, for instance... season 1 wasn't bad, but it really took off in Season 2.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMO, Terriers is the best show of all time that only got one season. Then Firefly, then Freaks & Geeks.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just rewatching Amazon's Jack Ryan... can't recommend it enough. Great show.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Terriers.

[​IMG]

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anybody recommend this one already? The Outlaws on Amazon Prime. It came out last Fall, and I just now watched it. It's a dramatic comedy with fairly sharp writing. Instead of TVing it into 12 half hour episodes like that genre usually is, it's 6 one hours. It's funny, has intersecting plot lines, is part caper, and part window on society. Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken were the only names I recognized, but I thought everyone was well-cast. (With maybe the exception of Lady Gabby. The actress did a good job, but didn't quite fit for me.) Discount Melissa McCarthy as the Community officer is particularly good.