Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Wall

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Apr 9, 2011.

1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If Jonathan Frakes isn’t leap-frogging over the back of chairs to sit down...I’m gonna be a little sad.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In the same dark and gritty vein, Amazon released the The Boys today. Heres the trailer for it:

Ill probably check it out tonight.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Two episodes in, this show is pretty awesome. Highly recommend.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This looks ambitious to say the least:

Also:

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

So, just binged the 2nd season of Lost in Space on Netflix... and I'm conflicted.

I kind of enjoyed it, especially near the end of the season, but I found too much of it to be too much... crazy weird "action" scenes that made no sense... a lot of unnecessary drama that made me fast forward through it.

All in all I'd give it a 6.5/10, but they've gone off in a strange direction... as in, they're no long lost in space...

It's turned more into a "watch the robot learn to become human and grow into a strong, independent robot who can think for himself" show. The season's ending was a bit weird, too.

They're taking a shit-ton of liberty from the source material, to say the least.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone watching Resident Alien?

I'm quite enjoying it.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Little late here but I just coulndt get into the series. I watched the original when I was a kid and the campy comedy of Dr Smith was great. While campy material can be turned into great cinema (see Christopher Nolan's Batman vs the 60s or Joel Schumachers) this wasn't engaging enough for me to stick with it. It also felt like they unnecessarily shit on the dad the whole time for no real reason other than trying to go the Stronk Womyn route which has gotten tiring.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

10. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone watch Hot Ones on youtube? Premise is that celebs get interviewed while eating increasingly hotter wings. If you're going to check it out, I'd recommend these to start:

Alton Brown because Alton.
    Paul Rudd - Dude seems like a genuinely nice guy and has an awesome trick with snapping pics of people.
    Gordon Ramsey.
    DJ Khalid - I can't stand him so watching him tap almost immediately was great. Watching him still try to act like he won made me dislike him even more.

After watching a lot of them, it really comes down to the guest. Some people like Kevin Hart act like they have to be "On" the entire time and in character. Billie Eilish was insufferable. I couldn't make it through half her episode. Post Malone seems surprisingly down to Earth and someone I'd grab a beer with.

If you watch it, who are your favorites? Who would you like to see on the show?

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I don’t know why anyone would agree to do it. They all look like idiots, just like my friends when THEY order hot wings and I don’t. I don’t like have tonic-clonic fits while eating, pores bursting like party favours and looking I’m going to die.

Idris Alba’s meme from this show will far outlive his career. Big mistake to go on it.

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t watch it regularly, but I think the host dude is a pretty good interviewer. The Undertaker episode was kinda fun. I can’t remember any specific episode that stands out to me as really great but comedians typically are pretty good. Kevin Hart annoys the fuck out of me so I would t watch his episode anyway.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I enjoy it. Ramsey was probably my favourite so far... he came prepped for battle.

14. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Started watching For All Mankind. I wouldn’t say it’s “amazing” but it’s still decent and I’ve been enjoying it so far. Some of the conflicts are resolved a little too quickly. But otherwise, it’s a really cool alternative history story.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This looks like a blast:

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow... a series. That looks like some serious production value going into that. Maybe they're hoping to do for that what they did for Mandalorian...

It does look like fun.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They didn't skimp on production in WandaVision or Falcon & Winter Soldier series, so far. But, this looks even better. Hype.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m enjoying falcon and the winter soldier quite a bit. It’s interesting to see how they make the characters a little more human but also that the “bad guys” fall into more a grey area than the usual style.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm really hoping that they haven't shown all the good parts in that teaser, and the rest is just shitty B-roll taken in woods outside of Vancouver.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What if?

Enter the multiverse of unlimited possibilities. Marvel Studios' first animated series, What If...?, starts streaming August 11 with new episodes Wednesdays on Disney+. “What If… ?” features fan-favorite characters, including Peggy Carter, T’Challa, Doctor Strange, Killmonger, Thor and more. The new series, directed by Bryan Andrews with AC Bradley as head writer, features signature MCU action with a curious twist.​