Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So who is Negan? Is there *a* Negan character or will this be a "I am Spartacus" thing? Is it a cult of personality, or a strat to make victims think Negan is everywhere? Carol knows something is up, Rick was too quick to act.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He's a legit person, but it seems like his follows claim to be him if they get in trouble to protect him.

If the finale follows the source, it's going to be brutal. If you want to spoil it for yourself:

Negan bludgeons Glenn to death with a baseball bat wrapped in barb wire. But it might not be him in the show, so who knows.

3. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do they realize such an ending won't be nearly as impactful as it might've been if they didn't fake it earlier? I'm betting they go full GoT and tell their own story.

4. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yes, last episode said that they were all Negan. I guess I'm gullible.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't read them, but in the comic he's an individual character, the leader of the Saviors. And, both AMC and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have officially admitted he has been cast as Negan.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So anyone catch the main woman this past episode was the one that played the "D girl" in that one episode of The Sopranos?

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alicia Witt, she's been in a ton of stuff.

8. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Not show related but is anyone getting tired of the direction the comic is going in?

I've read through volume 24 of the collections and the overall plot just feels repetitive at this point. First it was the Governor and his group, then Negan and the Saviors, and now it's Alpha and her group. The thing that feels contrived about this latest group is, as far as I can tell, their territory is in the general vicinity of Hilltop, Rick's compound, the Saviors and the Kingdom, so how is it no one's had any encounters with them by now? It just seems like the overall plot for the series ever since they arrived at the prison is to set Rick's group up in opposition to some other group, have some drama and a battle, then move on and up pops a new group, rinse and repeat. It's getting stale.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The TV show follows the same theme. It will certainly get stale, if they don't find some ways to liven it up. However, essentially, the comic and the TV are really just Westerns. That's sort of the "way the west was won." Settlers trying to find ways to survive, trade, defend, etc. as civilization was built.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yep, shes got a certain way she talks thats easy to recognize. Still hot as hell too.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I felt like she was trying to force an accent and sounded weird. Somehow a Brit talks in a gravelly voice and sounds way more southern than her.

12. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    So, for pretty much the entire episode my girlfriend and I were bitching about Denise. She's a shitty character, way too sensitive, always pouting about something. Now she's gonna do something really stupid and get someone killed...
    [​IMG]
    Oh. Well then. Problem solved.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Anyone else burst out laughing when she got shot and kept finishing her sentence? I dont know, I thought it was just a little too over the top to be taken seriously.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually liked Denise's. She reminds me a lot of a friend of mine. Not the pouting or whatever, just the way she looks and talks. And, she wasn't just a cookie cutter copy of other characters.

That was actually pretty realistic, especially compared to many things on the show. And, no, since I liked her character, AND I thought we were passed the point of her getting killed - in the drug store, or at the car, or sitting in the truck by herself, I thought she was toast. I thought, oh they're using this "adventure" opportunity to kill her off. But, then, after the speech, I was like, oh yeah, she's a Psychiatrist. Zombie disasters can be pretty traumatic, maybe she'll be usef- gah! - and, then, arrow. So, I didn't laugh. I was bummed.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So Daryl (might be) dead, but probably not.

Maggie got a "Can I speak to your manager?" haircut.

And a potential sighting of someone from Kingdom.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are we supposed to be thinking that it's possible that her unborn child has died from the trauma she experienced? And, that now, zombie baby is going to eat it's way out? Boy, what interesting "when does life begin" conversations they must have in the zombie apocalypse! Teeth calcification doesn't begin until like 14-18 weeks. Can the child gum its way out?

17. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    After seeing the preview for the season finale,
    it looks like Glenn is finally gonna bite the dust (or baseball bat, I guess).
    It gets a little frustrating every time the group can't agree on something, ends up splitting up and someone is inevitably captured. You'd think that after all this time they would have the ability to get over themselves for the safety of the group.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its either going to be him, Daryl, or Carol. Their arcs are all done for the most part, its gotta be one of the three.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Carol. Because of what DB was saying, they've split up because of her leaving. She left because she's getting a conscience about killing. All the characters with a conscience get killed. Plus, that's the way it best sets up Rick's anger against Neagan, I think. Daryl was just flying off the handle in a rage, and Rick wouldn't feel as responsible if he dies. I don't think it'll be Glenn at this point, since he's been through the almost-dead thing. Plus, if Maggie's dead baby is gumming it's way out and kills her, her death will be more tragic if Glenn lives, than Glenn's death would be.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well that was retarded. All that build up and incessant commercial breaks for a fade to black? Forget the show, that was taking a bat to all the fans and saying "Fuck you" in the process. Might be the worst season finale this show has had yet. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a cool Negan though, he does the character justice. And the people that show up on horseback to help Morgan and Carol are definitely from,

Kingdom.

But overall that was a let down.