Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad everyone else agrees with me on these last two episodes being full of "what the fuck?" This show is so goddamn repetitive and shit can't be blamed on the budget. I cannot stand this nihilistic teenage emo shit from Enid or Fuckface or Fuckface's little brother. That kid is like 10 years old and has a complete mental fracture. Also, I completely agree with Morgan "Do we need to handle this right now?" I've been on Team Carol for awhile, but that shit did not need to happen then. That's a conversation that needs to happen in another room.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wrong, we got Cooo-RULL explaining to the kid that his dad was an asshole in the most cringe worthy line this season.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually thought that was his one decent line like in the last 3 seasons, it's funny because the same line of thinking applies to his dad.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yeah. Those kids are infuriatingly stupid, even for children tossed into a zombie apocalypse. At least Carl knew to keep his mouth shut at certain times and became hardened over time.

It's difficult to suspend my disbelief for the people in Alexandria. It's a reasonable assumption that they might not be as battlefield tested as much as the main group, but to have absolutely zero experience killing walkers or anyone else for that matter? Surely walkers must have made their way over there at some point, not every single one will find its way to the quarry.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The show is a fucking rollercoaster, I go from "This show is fucking stupid" to "This is excellent" in a matter of seconds. I hate any movie or TV show where 1) A paralysis of action is big character trait and 2) One of the main plot devices is someone NOT saying something that would have avoided a ton of problems for whatever stupid reason.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Its the kind of shit that drove me crazy with Boardwalk too. Lots of lazy, cop-out writing that was either there as filler, a plot device, or because they were too concerned about historicity with some aspects and not at all with others. At least Walking Dead has the benefit of being completely made up within the very broad confines of a comic book story.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In last night's episode,
    I was glad to see Sam get his face eaten off. He was a liability to the group and deserved to get it that way. (I'm still not fully sure why they couldn't just have stuck him in the upstairs closet, though.) Too bad his mom bought it, though.

Hmm, well, oops. Got that one wrong.

Partial credit.

There are always complaints, but I actually liked last night's episode, with the highlight for me being when Darryl blew up the bikers. I actually said "oh shit" out loud, as I was not expecting that.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought it was a good episode. I enjoy when they get rid of extraneous/annoying people.

9. ScottVanPelt

ScottVanPelt
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think the only reason I continue to watch this show is to watch characters I've become annoyed with (i.e.: 95% of characters that pop up on the show) die terrible deaths. Peace out, dumbest kids on earth. Sorry about your hot mom. Kind of. I guess. Not really.

10. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This x1000

11. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    It's like they see how long they can torture both the viewer and the main characters with shitty characters. After a while someone will say "Alright, that's enough. Kill them off... ...and bring in the new dipshits!"

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Man, if you guys are giving that episode an "it was good I guess" then I just don't know what you want from this show anymore. I thought it was really exciting, really well-shot, had a good balance of ~*emotions*~ and action, had a couple great moments of character development, and a bunch of fun shocks. Sure I had the nitpicky complaint of there being about 3 too many "saved just in the nick of time by someone you have no idea is even around" moments, but overall it was exactly what I tune in for.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I thought it was a good one too. The problem people have with it though is that the show its wildly inconsistent in its tone, pacing, theme, characterization, etc. The pendulum swings pretty far for TWD and maybe its dealing with how to adapt the source material, writing for an ensemble cast, etc. but who knows. Its frustrating because it teases the audience with how good it can be, then it flounders in the next episode.

As for this episode - They finally are getting to Negan, who is the best villain in the comic so far. Daryl blowing the guys up with the bazooka was seen as goofy to some people, but I thought it was pretty bad ass. I'm glad that family got wiped out. As for Carl getting shot, I was thinking that was never going to happen since the events in Alexandria are a bit different in the show, but it worked out the way it did.

Future spoiler -

They keep teasing Glenn's death. I bet its in the season finale.

14. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It better be the same as it is in the comics, that's all I'll say on that matter.

As for this episode, I agree it was one of the better ones in the series. Even the 'slow' dialogue driven scenes which usually plague the show had a sense of urgency to them due to the seemingly impending doom looming over the entire town. Now to wait and see if they can keep this level of quality going forward as we get deeper into the Negan story. (Spoiler: they probably won't)

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rick and Darryl's excellent adventure was fun. Pretty good episode for Corr-ull. I didn't know Chandler Riggs had that in him. I didn't really care one way or the other about
    Rick and Michonne hooking up
    , but apparently, the whole internet has been waiting for that?

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The more exciting part is the introduction to Paul "Jesus" Monroe, the guy that beat the shit out of Daryl and Rick. In the comics hes a really cool character and I was starting to think they were going to write him out.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I live and grew up in Georgia, and I was wracking my brain, trying to think where in west Georgia was any brick mansion like that at Hilltop. The reason I couldn't think of it, was they built the whole place from scratch, inside and out. http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walkin...g-of-episode-611-the-walking-dead-knots-untie Remarkable. I guess they're going to be filming there for awhile.

This part was a little over-the-top, but it was great:

102ywr.gif

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I thought they were in Virginia now? Or do you mean where it was actually filmed?

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. "Alexandria" is in Senoia, Georgia. (Switch to satellite view in Google Maps. 33.298797, -84.556223) It's all filmed in Georgia.

And, yes, I realize it's not a documentary, so when I said "where in west Georgia was any brick mansion like that at Hilltop" I meant where it was actually filmed. I often recognize some of the locations. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zD38FaCAJQek.k_FDpSYzC2wI&hl=en_US Typically, in the past, they have taken over actual locations or worked at studio facilities. (The prison was built at an existing studio warehouse.) Or, they find abandoned buildings or spots out in the middle of nowhere. But, for Hilltop, before they got there, that was a farm field, 100% empty, and they built the entire set - fort walls, blacksmith shop, garden, brought in the FEMA trailers and actually built that brick mansion, all in two months.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yet somehow they make it look like they have 3 stalks of corn that makes up their huge cache of crops.