Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He was also Margie's husband in "Fargo" and a primary suspect in "Zodiac".

I really, really liked that episode. Probably the best "deeper meaning" episodes in the series.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is there a lot of the comic book material left for the show to draw from? I figure it is still being released since I've never heard any discussion about them running out of source material like GoT. Or is it more like Dexter where there was no real intention to stay close to the limited amount of source material?

4. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Issue 147 just came out. The show is around issue 70-80. I don't think they will catch up.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

They could probably do 4 or 5 more seasons based on the comics if another issue is never written. There so much going on in the comics that they could really stretch it out if they wanted to.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess we're supposed to assume that that was
    Glenn on the radio saying "help." But all the internet sources are giving me mixed signals. I am guessing that next week will be another parallel timeline story or flashback or some other way to not actually resolve what happened to Glenn. I didn't want him to die, but stringing out the uncertainty is starting to seem cheap. Dead or not dead, get it over already.

8. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry but what the fuck was that episode supposed to be?
    Filler episode at its best, just shitty at its worst.

And Glen is alive, at this point people who think otherwise are just delusional.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was not Glenn's voice at the end, but of course he is alive. Dipshit Nick fell on top of him, and Glenn's face was his horror at watching Nick's guts being eaten on top of him.

What was the new group in this episode?

Was it
    the Saviors? Is Negan nigh? Cause he's who is supposed to kill Glenn.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The one saving grace of this season is that not every single storyline for each character is about them struggling with becoming uncivilized.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Probably. If Glenn is really dead...

I think it will be Daryl that meets the end of Negan's baseball bat.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glenn,
    not dead! I think it will be a weird decision to intentionally make the viewers mourn Glenn falsely, and then kill him off later. So, it'll either be Daryl or Carol - maybe a Morgan decision that leads to it. In the Comic, I think Carol is a different character, dead earlier, and Maggie becomes a leader after Glenn's death. So, if Carol becomes that strong female lead, then Maybe Maggie gets the bat instead of Glenn.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it just me or did having the brief shot of the guy falling on top of Glenn, what feels like seventeen weeks ago now, kind of ruin it as far as cliffhanger story telling? I'd have shot or edited around that fact until the reveal this week. I also want to tell the producers to stop fucking focusing on emo fucking teenagers this season. Fuck.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, it's going to be fun to watch Carl, excuse me CO-RULL!, drop that punk on the street. Because, you know that's how that's going to go.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That kid isn't going to give up on killing Carl. And Carl is far more skilled. So yea.

17. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I realise that AMC wants to wring every cent out of this show without putting much back into it but after awhile reading reviews like this gets fucking old, whatever this show is, it isn't great.

They make 11 million per episode (just in ad money) and spend around 2.5 per episode to film, you'd think they'd throw some money back into it at some point.

"Executive producer Scott M. Gimple’s decision to treat the entire half-season as one terribly long, not-so-great, really bad day allowed the show to once again make the most of its skimpy budget. Several stars were essentially AWOL for weeks and brought back for “spotlight” episodes. Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green) spent the first six weeks of the season riding in a car, Daryl (Norman Reedus) on his motorcycle. This is the third year in which Gimple has had to twist the story to cover for why his marquee stars can’t all appear in the same episode, and the contortions are strangling the show. Viewers shouldn’t have to wait weeks to see Daryl"

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah they fucking blew it when they ran off Frank Darabont.

19. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, headshots from 50 feet hanging off a wall, no problem

Headshots while running full out, no problem

Headshot while stationary from 6 feet? Nah I'll just slide this gun over to you. THE FUCK?

Wasted episode, sure glad we got 90 minutes of Morgan learning Akido a few weeks ago though, because that 90 minutes wouldn't have been better spent on today's episode, nope not at all.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This bothered me a great deal. Tara was also in the police academy, too, right? So, she's got some weapons and range time, and probably fairly equipped to take that shot. What's the downside there? She knows what ol' Wolfy is capable of, so things are NOT going to end well for Dr. Denise. If she gets the headshot? Win. If not? Same result as sliding the gun over. Dumb.

The other thing, was the sheet / zombie guts maneuver. This trick didn't occur to them when they were discussing trying to devise a plan to get outside the walls? Also, elevated platforms are apparently safe places to avoid zombies. Maybe build a couple more of those for emergencies or say, stashing an infant safely out of the way?