Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as you want to skip it, the "Last time on..." pointed out the scene where Rick asked Morgan to back earlier. I just got done ranting about Fear the Walking Dead and the whole "NO ONE WOULD FUCKING DO THAT" issue this show has reduced drastically, but the whole Enid just walking out in the middle of an assault by humans she's never experienced before and NOT BEING SCARED AT ALL was very stupid.

It's annoying overall. Zombies are outside? I'm just going to walk around and feel my feelings, because life is hard...Why aren't they treating the zombies like any other dangerous animal? Would these fuckers just go for walks outside their protected walls if it was a ton of scorpions, lions or venomous snakes just running around? I'd sure hope not. The overall lack of urgency in certain circumstances is retarded.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know you mean out, not up, but it made me laugh. And, then I had a question. The CDC guy let them in on the fact that they're all infected, and anyone who dies will zombify. But, do we know if it's because the infection was airborne or whatever? Like, are Judith and other new births infected, too? Wasn't the Governor's science guy talking about research, and is anybody working on a cure from uninfected blood?

aaaand Episode 10, "Who's Running the Zoo?" just got written.

3. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You really do have to suspend a shit ton of belief for this show, and only a small part of that is the existence of zombies.

Think back to the jail season. All these fucking people, doing all these different jobs, and they all look at the flimsy chain link fence and think, "Yeah, that should hold." Why not, at the VERY fucking least, put some sheets up so the walkers that walk by can't fucking see the people walking around inside? Now they've got the town with walls that actually do something -- great! Why not start building more walls around it? Or a moat? Or park some cars as a farther perimeter since those apparently work so well? It's a pretty cool dynamic that these people need Rick and the rest to explain how fucked everything truly is, but shouldn't part of that be telling them that while the walls will keep walkers out, they're mostly useless against people, who in a real way are much more dangerous? Where are the booby traps and signaling systems? I swear there's a not-so-alternate reality where this show kicks ass beyond the make up and fucked up deaths.

But whatever. The zombies and wolves and cannibals are cool.

EDIT: Also why would that wolve guy bring the pack with the pics that he found to the raid? Like was he planning on rubbing in that their own method of bringing good people in lead to the attack? It was on his checklist of things to bring while he's a murderin'? I'm probably missing something again.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fucking shit. This ain't Game of Thrones, [name redacted] ain't coming back. Oh man, such a crazy episode. This shit is really starting to press the boundaries of what people can emotionally take before they snap.

JK he ain't dead. Dude fell on top of him, that was Nicholas's blood and guts. Glenn is going to be masked by the that as shown in an earlier episode and will be fine. There are also other things as the book readers know but Google at your own peril..

#24 Parker, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

His death wasnt that believable anyway. The close in shot, the fact that the dude fell on him, I think the theory that its the other dude getting ripped apart is right. He'll be back.

And according to the graphic novel, Glenn is supposed to die a much more brutal death down the road anyway.

6. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wasn't that already covered by the cannibals?

He dead

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It would be unfair for
    Glenn to die at the hands of Nicholas, since he was responsible for Noah, too. Plus, the series usually gives a better death than that bullshit to a character like that. He should be able to roll under the dumpster as some distraction comes up or something.

What happened to Rick's hand? I didn't follow that.

8. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

He either got bitten or scratched, either way he probably has an infection. Which means hes probably going to get that hand amputated, (finally).

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope not. That worked fine in the comic where they could just cut panel to panel and not address him doing mundane tasks with one hand. I think it would be awkward to do that when we need to see him open doors and other simple tasks.

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There were 3 zombies Rick killed in that fight. His blade broke-off in the first one, the second one had a large blade in it's chest that he cut his hand on, which he pulled out and killed the third zombie with.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah. Well, I guess Herschel's green boot now gets to be Rick's green glove. If they're not going to let that lead to getting his hand amputated, there's no point in showing him examining the injury like they did. (Chekhov's hand?)

12. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, next week's episode might be a 90 minute special on Morgan. Seriously. http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/10/the_walking_dead_season_6_to_f_1.html

One stupid thing I'm tired of in horror movies. Women always somehow hurting their ankles while lightly jogging through the forest and it being an issue. They're not even in heels, women are stronger than this. It always happens and when it happened last night I just thought "That should be a 10 minute injury, she needs to walk that shit off."

Also, when they jump the gate and what's his face gets caught and eaten by zombies, why not stab him and put him out his misery. That's one less walker. I really don't fucking understand why they just walk by walkers sometimes. They should kill every walker they can, just so someone doesn't drop their keys, get bit and creates more walkers. There is a limited number of Walkers out there, they're not procreating, everyone counts.

#32 Parker, Oct 26, 2015
  13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It'll be too bad if Glen goes out like that. His story with the guy who tried to kill him was secondary and kind of weak. I think it'll end up being like the never spoken of again Michonne rubbing herself down in zombie guts episode.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He's either dead or not. Either way I never actually gave as shit about him as a character, ever, so I don't care either way.

In all another solid an exciting episode, better directed than most. It really created the feel of being hunted.

#34 Crown Royal, Oct 26, 2015
  15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Really? Not even the "dumbass in the tank" episode and the one right after that?

I did. I really liked Glenn. I liked how he was able to kick ass, save people, always gave people a chance first, and continued to try to hold onto what was good about humanity, while not being naïve about the situation. (I don't think he ever killed a non-zombie person.)

Supposedly, there's more to come in the Glenn story - either he's not actually dead or we'll see some flashback stuff. So, if next week is 90 minutes of Morgan, I guess it's going to be awhile before we resolve that, Rick's hand, the baby food (did the Wolves kidnap Judith?!), Rosita's cleavage, etc.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So it appears my buddy from college was the fat Jewish zombie in this past Sunday's show. Pretty cool.
    image.jpeg

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

That immediately pulled me out of the episode, its such a cheap trope. I know the writers are trying to show how the Alexandrians are weak and inexperienced, but that was lazy writing.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was not familiar with the guy that played Eastman. I thought he did a good job.

Was it a Monty Pythonesque joke on the writer's part that the "Peacemaker" teaching Morgan is a cheesemaker? Probably not. I didn't even remember that Morgan left a rabbit's foot, GooGoo cluster and bullet at Gabriel's church, until I read it somewhere else.

19. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was Drew Carey's cross dressing brother on the Drew Carey show. Not even embarrassed that I picked up on that the minute I saw him.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

John Carrol Lynch. Great character actor, he's been in everything.