Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Next Sunday, and yes Morgan is a regular character now.

2. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Spoiler alert: AMC is making a shit load off of this series. Know how I know that? They didn't really have much more content to be a 1.5 hour premier but what they did do is add a shit load of commercials.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Agreed. Not much content in the plot either, especially compared to the escapist dynamite that was last season's episode 1 that was an underwhelming premiere with Breaking Bad black & white "style" that wasn't necessary at all. I enjoyed Ethan Embry getting killed off early because I can't stand him as an actor, besides that it seemed like an extended mid-season "meh" episode. I like that Abraham gets more screen time, he's not exactly stable but he's a fun character. Eugene HAS to get killed eventually, right? How does a pussy neck beard survive this long?

It seems like they're setting Morgan up to be some over-moral fly in the ointment and I don't like it. I prefer Rick's borderline sociopathic attitude towards survival much more.

4. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love Abraham's character stability issues and all. He makes for great TV, maybe more so when he's having a "break from reality". I think Morgan's story is going to be really interesting if they have the time to tell it right. There has to be a reason that he is now all zen in the face of everything after how crazy he was when we last saw him. He may be there to show Rick how to "come back" but who really knows?

5. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he's a fucking wet blanket with his judgy faces after each time Rick does anything.

6. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear I know better than to get to picky when it comes to realistic choices within this world, but there was one, maybe two roads into that quarry, correct? They have backhoes and various digging equipment, don't they? Couldn't they have destroyed each way out and let the noise continue, since it was protecting them by trapping the walkers? And if it got to the point where the pit started filling up with crippled zombies, they could just douse them with oodles and oodles of fire! I would think it would be a lot simpler and safer than...what they did.

As for Morgan, it definitely seems like the writers WANT him to help Rick "come back", and when he doesn't, they'll face off. I like that idea, but as always their execution is terrible. The fuck was that look at the end? Annoying guy got bit, totally his fault, was whining like a bitch, so Rick did the right and smart thing for annoying guy and the entire group. If they made it look, from Morgan's perspective, that Rick purposefully pushed him into a walker in order to kill him, that would make sense. And maybe that was the intent, but it didn't come across that way to me. Seemed like something Morgan should have seen and been like, "Yup, that's about right. Carry on, everyone."

But of course no one is still watching this show because of the smart story or good dialogue. That walker getting his skin ripped off by the truck was awesome. And I dreamt all night that I was smashing zombie skulls with a wooden staff. Good times.

7. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't finished watching Fear of the Walking Dead, after watching the pilot, I just have no drive. But I was very happy to hop in and watch this episode and overall I liked it. Now the whole flashback thing wasn't groundbreaking television but it's something this show hasn't done before and I liked it. Now I wonder why they didn't try to fire bomb all of the zombies and why Morgan just skipped over what I thought looked like guys throwing the zombies into the pit, but that was a pretty cool idea for the show to start off with.

I love Morgan as a character and where they are with Rick. Morgan is going to be a moral center, until we find out what crazy shit brought him to his current "zen" like state, then whatever that is will kick into the next evolution of Rick is. I'm down with Donatello Morgan, I hope they get into that as well. I just really hope the horn coming from Alexandria isn't something small falling on a button and it's actually an issue caused by the Wolves or something.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can't Hardly Wait....For This Show To Die.

Just watched the first episode. I too was thinking, well they could just load the two entrances to the quarry up with cars and fencing but that'd be too smart and not put the whole town in mortal danger now would it? They should have opened one side and driven a zombie armored steam roller around the pit. The flash back shit was lame and useless when it was flashing back a half hour before current time.

Morgan hopefully isn't given the same eventual turning point and sticks to his decent ways. Maybe he'll splinter the group and take some of the lamer pacifict characters with him.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I enjoyed both episodes 1 & 2. Very entertaining. Can't wait for Ron to get his face eaten. Or maybe Carl will shoot him for funsies.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Episode 2 was way better, using mostly utility characters to move along at the same time as episode 1 but goddamn that entire second half was practicly nothing but savage murder and Carol's sociopathy on perfect display. Sorry Morgan, but your Ben Kenobi- good guy speech shit is no longer valid when being attacked by filthy weirdos. The "Wolves" seem to be the most pointless villains yet.

And fuck Ron. Go emo elsewhere you little bitch, I hope the horde runs him him over.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was the line about them "not choosing" to be the way they are consistent with the comic books? Is that a setup for some new reveal?

12. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not directly to the comics, but I can see a way they could tie it in.
    In the comics the group that originally attacks is just dispatched to show how baddass Rick and company are. The not choosing could mean that Negan, the next bad guy who shows up, is forcing them to be his attack dogs. They would have to play with the timeline though, because there is a good amount between the "wolves" and Negan's introduction.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im betting they are combining the Wolves and the Saviors, I would be surprised if we dont see Negan this season.

Yeah hes already the best character this season. Last we saw of him, I dont think we really got a story about what happened to his son, so that would be interesting if they explored it. The only thing that was slightly annoying about him was he was a little too pacifist for it to make sense. The town's people are getting brutally murdered in front of him, and he doesnt think they should just be killing these guys? No wonder Rick looked at him funny. Carol kicking ass never gets old though.

14. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I remember correctly, he said that because he was unable to put down the boy's mother, she ended up being the one to take out his son.

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They did put out a casting call for this season that was a dead ringer for Negan. I'm guessing Lucille is the season finale, with the introduction of Hilltop at mid season.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I liked "JSS" a lot. That cold open was awesome and did a great job quickly character building Enid. Yes, fuck Ron. I totally get that these guys haven't been fucked with by zombies or humans by now, but it's only been like 2.5 years. These people have to have toughened up just a LITTLE bit as there isn't any TV, Radio, Internet, new books or creative output of any kind. They can't go to the grocery store, order pizza, go to the movies or anything. So the small stupid decisions people like Ron make, is fucking retarded.

With that said. Loved Carol being a badass and Morgan isn't thinking tactically with letting people go. They now have intel on the inside and also now have a gun. Neither of those things are good. No idea why he didn't knock them up and tie them up at least. Carol is cool being a badass and all but when there is a coordinated attack against your place, you want to keep a guy to interrogate him. Kill him after, but get some answers. That wasn't a heat of the moment situation.

The oven timer thing was fucking genius, it's little touches like that shows miss and lets you forgive some of the bullshit once in awhile.

17. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My god this show's non-zombie or shit's going down related dialogue is terrible. Not as bad as the last couple seasons of Dexter, and not as bad as the farm season when I'd skip ahead each time Glenn and Maggie were fawing in wuv, but damn. It's like they've never heard the 'show, don't tell' rule. That wiener kid not wanting a hair cut/discussion with his M(ilf)om had me actually cringing.

And Carl, who's supposedly trained and bad ass enough to tell Priest they'll "start with the machete", decides the best protective strategy for his baby sis and girl crush is for them to sit on the open floor, surrounded by windows. And girl crush is just walking around nonchalantly, casually showing up to say her goodbyes, while the town is under attack -- da fuck?

Thankfully they've learned to keep the emotional/character dialogue to a minimum, and everything else was awesome. Would think Carol would keep the tied up dude alive for questioning first, but always fun to see her kick ass.

Also how did Morgan beat the rest of the zombie herding crew back home so quickly? Or was he not with them?

#17 Superfantastic, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rick sent him back in the 1st episode to let the Alexandrians know they were going to have to actually do the plan instead of a dry run. I can't help but point out that they explicitly told you this in the episode. No guesswork involved.

19. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks, I figured I missed something. I just find it really tough to listen or pay attention when the characters are talking about anything other than the crazy shit that is going, or is about to go down.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ehh it's still ridiculous. The haircut scene being the worst Ive seen in a while.