Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Walking Dead: Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season premiere tomorrow night at 9pm.

#1 Crown Royal, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Holy shit that was awesome. They stood on the gas pedal the entire episode, one of the best of the series I think.

How long is that annoying mullet neckbeard expected to last? Of course the most useless schmuck is "important".

3. miss_c

miss_c
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Definitely a cracker of an opener. I really hope we find out more about Terminus, and they don't leave it there.

4. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sure the point of the flashbacks will be that we eventually symphathize with the cannibals.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The running theory on the flashbacks is (spoilered for those who arent familar with the comics):

Negan is the guy that is keeping them in the shipping container. It doesnt make any sense since Negan is against rape and sexual violence, but the appearance is pretty close. And the setting for Negan doesnt make sense, but Im guessing theyll make it to Alexandria this season. Its the next place on the list except for Hershel's farm part 2, which Im guessing theyll be skipping.

But this premiere was probably in the top 10 episodes of the show. Very well done.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Did you stay tuned to the very end of the credits for the cameo of...
    Morgan?

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Yep, and Im glad hes coming back. For the a character who has had such little screen time over all, his return is pretty highly anticipated. Would be great if he became part of the main group.

The best part of the episode was Ricks reunion with baby Judith. Not because it was touching, but because all I could think was, "Thats great, Rick! You got Shanes baby back!"

Also, I knew this show was popular, but damn:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn ... -all-time/

8. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guy at the ending flashback was the same guy who Glenn let out of the train car. Kirkman verified it on twitter.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just want to add that
    Zombie On Fire Eating Guy's Face Off
    is one of my favorite visuals from the show. And that the tension created in the
    head smash / throat slit / trough scene
    was off the chart. I honestly thought that I was so jaded at this point in my life, that there wasn't a TV show that could make me feel like that. Boy, was I wrong.

10. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was just so ISIS style of them. And it was done in a chilling way. I felt uneasy during that scene.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Expertly-done suspense. One of the best tension scenes since the pilot when Rick walked through the dark stairwell.

12. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I completely disagree, I didn't think it was tense at all. I was curious what was going to be done to get them out of it but I knew no way in hell that Glenn, Daryl or Rick were going to die. Since I knew they weren't going to die there was no tension at all, just mild curiosity. It think they should've pulled a George R. R. Martin and killed off one of those three. That would make for a tense season.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Heres why they did it the way they did it, but theres huge spoilers about things to come:

They were doing over the top foreshadowing that Glenn is going to be killed. He gets killed at Alexandria by the Negan character thats probably going to get introduced this season. Or maybe theyre not going to kill him since hes liked by fans, and they were just fucking with them, who knows. But thats why they were doing it.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That episode was mostly meh, obviously the priest is hiding serious baggage and we won't find out until it lets shit hit the fan. However it practically redeemed itself entirely for the final scene, albeit it was foreshadowed all episode that something horrible would happen to him.

Wouldn't eating people fuck you up? So much iron in us.

15. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At the end of the episode, I had this exchange without even realizing what it was I was saying until it was pointed out to me:

After Gareth tells Bob "If it makes you feel any better, you taste much better than we thought you would." I pointed out that cooking the meat (regardless of the fact that it's human) directly over an open campfire, outdoors would make it taste ashy due to the wind. I was immediately called a racist.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Attached Files:

17. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gonna spoiler this since it seems like they are following an arc used in the comics.

Bob's been bitten, so technically they are eating "tainted" meat.

18. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

But if everyone is already infected, what difference does it make?

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's something I can't figure out. The virus is in you, and you go all grrrrr-grrrr after you die. So many questions.....Is a dead person not a zombie if you butcher them quick enough? Do you have time cure them in a smoker first? Will they poop out Bob's toenails later because that would suck I imagine.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right before Bob wandered off, I was thinking:

Why is he acting so weird? Was he bit in the food bank scene? Is he going to walk off to "turn"? I did not see the "Garreth going to cook and eat his leg" thing coming?

But, now I don't know why he wandered off like that - that seems like a lazy plot device just to get him alone and be picked off. At the trough, I wondered why Garreth knew Bob by name. Now I am really confused.

Does anybody watch "Talking Dead"? In last week's episode, I didn't realize that the first dude killed at the trough was a) the hippy from Carol's neighborhood adventure last year; b) the same actor that is playing Penguin on Gotham.