Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Ultimate Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guernica, Apr 3, 2010.

1. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a few months time myself and 5 other mates will be embarking on a trip around Australia. It will take us about between 35-50 days, starting in our home city of Sydney, then venturing downwards and across to every major city within the country, excluding Darwin (which is too long of a detour and has nothing worth visiting), making it about 11,500km in length. Our vessel with be a 6 person MotorHome, and the sole purpose of our trip is the consumption of large amounts of alcohol, as well as meeting slutty backpackers. We have concluded that our trip will be far more enjoyable not only if we video record whatever we get up to, but if we also incorporate a set of rules/games during the month. So far we have decided we must:

• - Pick up at least one backpacker who needs to get somewhere 1000km or more away
    • - One day each week we can only eat food we catch/kill
    • - Fuck a girl from each State
    • - Shaving competition - last person to shave has their drinks paid for at the new city/town

FOCUS: There have been a few threads about crazy road trips on TiB in the past. Since you are all very experienced on the matter, what other games or rules would you suggest we partake in during our journey?

ALT FOCUS: Any general tips that may assist us on our journey. Has anyone else done something similar?

2. TheQuilkyWay

TheQuilkyWay
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

In addition to getting drunk everywhere you go, I would suggest that you make sure you do something unique in as many places as you can. By that, i mean, do something that is specific to the places you stop. We did this when we did a trip around the South Island of New Zealand: we did the city/bar scene in Christchurch, including the 5 story/5 themes bar; did a wine tour in wine country; went four wheeling in the woods during a rainstorm; did a tour of the Monteith's brewery; went skydiving over the glaciers/rain forest; hiked the glaciers; did all of the extreme sports in Queenstown (bungee jumping, luging, etc.), etc.
    I'm not sure how it would work in Australia, especially in the sparsely populated areas, but the townspeople will most likely have different things that they do for fun. (Although I'd stay away from the sheep-fucking)

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First of all your road trip sounds cliche and lame. A bunch of guys cruising for poontang in strange cities while having a facial hair competition during a wacky road trip filled all sorts of coming of age hi-jinks. Sounds like 4/5ths of a Tucker Max movie.

How about this game/activity. You all save your feces from the trip in garbage bag lined backpacks that are by your side 24-7? Whoever holds onto their bag the longest on the trip gets $1,000 cash from me? The stipulation is that you have to carry the bag for a minimum of 2 weeks. Hell I bet we could bump that number up to $2-3k from the sick fucks on here. If you're planning on recording yourselves daily anyways it wouldn't be that hard to upload and host for all to see.

4. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Gamble with the locals. Wager: a full day's worth of food/booze.

5. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If you get bored, get ripped and listen to the most conservative talk radio you can find. The combination of the insanity and the landscape of the deep, deep dogpatch is completely hilarious and surreal.

Pure majesty:

#5 WASPnest, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Without bothering to read the replies that are already posted... I have been on quite a few cross country road trips with friends, and not a single one had "games or rules". I guess I understand what you are attempting at but what the fuck, that ruins 99% of the fun. A road trip with friends to me is, hey we are going from where we are, to other cities and back while having as much fun as possible. Other than where we are staying, sporting events, concerts along the way ( even those are negotiable ) none of that shit is planned. I suggest you collectively find a Taipan, and then play "Never Have I Ever" and have the first person start with "Not been bitten by a Taipan on a road trip." And instead of taking a drink you all have to be bitten.