Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Ultimate Fighter - Season 13

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Tonight's the first episode of season 13 of TUF.

I'm actually really looking forward to this season, as I absolutely loathe Lesnar, and am looking forward to seeing him in action as a coach. I would love to be proven wrong about him, and have it turn out he's actually a great guy and even better coach, but I'm thinking I shouldn't hold my breath.

Will be watching it later on tonight, but anyone else have at it.

No spoiler tags for this thread. Again, no spoiler tags... if you have something to say, just post it.

If you're worried about spoilers, don't look in the thread.

FOCUS: Have at it. Discuss TUF 13 or the coaches.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'll just say this about the Lesnar vs Dos Santos fight: Dos Santos will be killed.

If I remember right, he fought Roy Nelson last, and even though Nelson has legendary cardio (especially for a fat guy), that fight went to a decision. As much as I love Nelson (even have one of his fuel tank shirts), he wouldn't last 2 seconds with Lesnar. The fact that Dos Santos didn't finish him quickly and decisively, especially since he's trained with Big Nog and Silva, doesn't bode well for him.

3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No he won't. I have long seen that as an advantageous fight for Dos Santos; perhaps not as heavily as it was in favor of Cain Velasquez against Brock, but still one where I think JDS wins 60 percent of the time.

However, even if Dos Santos loses (very possible), it will be a difficult match-up for Lesnar. Dos Santos is a nightmare to take down for anyone, keep down, and is especially dangerous because of how he places his hands so low, putting them in perfect position to uppercut a shot. (Something that Nelson, Werdum, and others have experienced first-hand)

I have no clue what this bit of MMath (which doesn't work, by the way) has to do with anything. Nelson and Lesnar are completely different fighters, and Dos Santos dominated that fight, whether it went to decision or not.

Yeah, and Lesnar couldn't finish Heath Herring, a far inferior fighter to Roy Nelson in every way, "quickly and decisively", either.

GSP hasn't finished an opponent "quickly and decisively" since forever. Again, I don't see the relevance to a fight prediction.

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soooo... this season pretty much sucks the big one, eh?

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This season sucks as much as that big cock tattooed on Lesnar's chest.

6. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Holy fucking shit, I've never seen a professional MMA fighter more scared of being punched, or worse at takedowns than Mick Bowman. It was actually pretty funny at times. It looked like a 12-year-old with one leg could have stuffed his takedowns.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen in my life.

And Lesnar says he was "wow'd"? Seriously?

The pinky finger thing was pretty sick though... sucks to be him, having won only to not be allowed to fight.

8. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He'll be back. I paused it when they showed the x-ray in the previews and it only appears to be a dislocation. Granted, it's a pretty gnarly dislocation to have the skin punctured, but there didn't appear to be any actual fracture.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You called it... that x-ray was insane. I've never seen a finger dislocated that badly.

And FINALLY, a fucking good fight. That was a solid, balls-out fight and makes me think that both of them should stay in the running. Even Dana was pumped out over it, and made a point of saying "awesome fight" to the loser.

And Brock is still coming off like a douche bag to me.

10. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How so? He seems a lot more laid back and down to earth. Personally, I think it looks like he's just as uncomfortable in front of the cameras as he is getting punched. Turn on the cameras and akward combinations of words are forced out of his mouth.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just see how he interacts with the guys on his team. It's almost disdain. Maybe "douche bag" is a bit strong.

Maybe he just doesn't know how to interact well or motivate people, I don't know.

Sure, he's there on his own dime, potentially screwing up his training for the fight, but the way he's being portrayed makes me think he's not really giving a shit about his team.... only that his team is losing.

No doubt he's a prime athlete, but his "holier than thou" aura rubs me the wrong way.