Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I feel like I'm bumping a dead thread here but whatever.

A friend and I are heading down to Texas this summer to see the theater adaptation of a novel by one of our favorite authors. I have no idea what to wear.

Could you ladies teach me how to girl? Thank you.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I've been trying out this no poo thing since Oct 6 and I'm getting the hang of it. It's a very different way to care for your hair, and my hard water makes it more challenging.

One thing I've discovered is that egg masks are the absolute best thing ever and make your hair so soft. Give it a try, just be sure to rinse with cold water or you'll cook egg in your hair and that shit is hard to get out.

Attached Files:

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My first thought was "wait... Wildered, of all people, has not taken a shit since October?!?!?"

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah I was almost afraid to click the pic. Almost.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

With inflation hitting the meats, I've been on a bean and lentil heavy diet. If I didn't poo I'd turn into a tree.

"No poo" is such an unfortunate name for the idea, but I didn't pick it.

6. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've also done an ACV rinse on non-wash days and have had similar results. You're hair is so long! I love it!

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Thank you!

Are you full time no poo?

I tried rinsing with acv but it wasn't enough. The hard water makes extreme wax build up immediately. I have to brush on dry hair with acv to really move the wax. Also about to install an electronic descaler on the hot water heater to hopefully help with the widespread hard water issues in the house. I am transitioning to very infrequent water only washing and a lot of mechanical cleaning with acv.

8. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

You know, if I didn't know you were talking about shampoo...

I have naturally curly hair, and I just started looking into the "curly girl method", so I've settled on shampooing and conditioning every third day. I use an acv rinse in between to help with product build up. Just a note of caution, we have really hard water and had a descaler installed and I think it did shit to improve our water. I installed a showerhead with a filter and that seemed to help a bit, but we're planning to install a water softener within the next couple years.

Here's the showerhead if you're interested..

I don't think you color your hair, but these are also amazing if you have hard water.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Ah yes, the curly girl method. Curls do not like being too clean.

I don't use anything on my hair that contain silicon, so there's no buildup issues for me. It's just a matter of keeping it clean of dust or dirt, and keeping my oils moving down the hair shafts.

Sad to hear about the electronic descaler. I figured it was worth a shot before going all in on a whole house $y$tem. I might try out that shower head you linked. I've read other people also say it helped.

10. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I realize this isn't the topic of the thread, but wanted to point out that electric descalers "technically: work...when within a controlled environment such as a scientific study. There are some applications where they work (factories, etc) where the user can control the water supply...something the average homeowner will never have. If there's interest in discussing the topic further, we can open another thread and I'll post some links to the science behind as well as the difference between water softners and water conditioners.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard the Tibette thread had some girls talking about waxing and showering, but this isn't what I expected.

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I would love a brain dump on those topics... Maybe the home improvement thread? I was overwhelmed when I started reading into it awhile back. It's such a big upfront expense that I would hate to choose wrong. Descaler was the... I THINK this will work, and the barrier to entry was low enough to try. It has some warranties or guarantees of satisfaction so I can return it if it ain't all that.