Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's an ovary

Red, yellow, diamond shape . . . it all depends on your perspective, I guess.

Attached Files:

2. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Upside down it looks like a slow moving vehicle sign (what Nett was talking about), which is kind of funny.

[​IMG]

3. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I think it looks like an alien trying to juggle when it's upside down.

4. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it looks pretty impressive when seen right side up. Or that might just be what is underneath.

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well that's what I get for posting from my phone. I was totally perplexed about the upside-down comments until I actually looked at the thread on my laptop. Quick, technologically advanced board members, why would something look right side up when viewed from iphone but upside down to everyone else? I am perplexed (and maybe also a little slow, Nett).

6. billy_2005

billy_2005
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Can someone explain to me the shaved sides of head trend? There's this girl that works in my building with this beautiful long blonde curly hair, but the sides of her head are shaved. Am I alone in thinking this looks ridiculous?

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know that Kelly Osbourne does it, and can't remember off the top of my head where else I've seen it on TV. I haven't seen it in person, though I imagine that's because I don't go to any places that trendy people would go. If that girl in your building weren't doing the shaving she would probably do something else that is thinking outside the box. If she's like KO, she probably isn't thinking, "I want to look pretty!" She's more thinking, "I want to look wow!" For people like that, their style is an art form not just about looking good.

9. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it varies. Both Natalie Dorner and Eva Simons for example are heavenly beings and make me salivate at the mouth.

Attached Files:

10. Not the Bees!

Not the Bees!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Honestly, that look is really common here. Basically any University aged girl with a hipster or punk fashion sense is doing it. It's kind of mainstream at this point. Is it a rare thing in the US?

11. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Ludicrously common here too. All 4 of the girls I'm dating at the moment have done it at one point or another. And a fuckload of my friends.

12. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sometimes I want your life. Sometimes it scares me.

Isn't that like the faux-hawk for girls?

I see a shit-ton of people with it here, all college-aged, hipster girls.

13. miss_c

miss_c
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

All that comes to my mind when I see that hair cut is how much it must fucking suck to grow that hair cut out. In a moment of stupidity (I'm going to claim toddler-induced sleep deprevation) I got an asymetrical bob thinking I would look adorable. No, I just look like the same toddler attacked half my head with scissors. 10 months later, and it's just growing into the awkward stage and there is still another 6 months before it stops looking ridiculous.

TL;DR - cute on Natalie Dormer, stupid on 98% of the population.

14. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved my short short hair. Growing it out was a pain but if I'd just sucked it up and suffered through it, it would've gone a lot faster.

I think short hair is really revealing. There's no hiding behind it. A female can be moderately attractive with long hair styled well...but take it away and she looks lumpy. Having short hair shows bone structure like nothing else except an eating disorder.

15. LatinGroove

LatinGroove
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is really common here but just like the mohawk not everyone can pull it off.

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    A lot of the girls at the University near me have that hairstyle, and most of them end up looking like fat troll dolls.

17. billy_2005

billy_2005
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So.... the girls it looks good on would be hot regardless. Gotcha.

Maybe I'm sheltered, but this was the first time I'd seen it on a girl that wasn't trying to look like a punk rocker. She's very "girl next door" in appearance.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dunno about that. I think short(er) hair refreshes some women's faces - and where they're pretty with it longer, their features look lighter and more awake with shorter hair.

Other women look like furry pumpkins.

19. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Ladies, do any of you know a man like this?

My husband bought a new truck and it's being delivered to him at work today so he cleaned out his old truck last night (rather than Saturday in the nice weather, he opted for Monday during a blizzard... I DEFINITELY did not point that out repeatedly...).

This morning I hear "goddammit, where's my phone charger? Goddammit, where are my gloves? Goddammit, where is my call sheet?" He threw everything in a box, threw it in the garage and had no idea what he put in there so now everything is "lost". His resolution? "Fuck it, I'll just buy a new phone charger and new gloves". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY'RE IN THE BOX. I CAN SEE THEM.

Grrr.

20. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My husband is a closely related cousin of this type: if he can't see it, it doesn't exist.

I bought an overpriced "rustic" hanging shelf thingy from Pottery Barn to put in our entryway because it has 6" square cubbies so that he can place each one of his tiny little shit items in each cubby and see them. Such items include headphones, travel size sunscreen, iPhone armband, earplugs, Square reader, etc. You could put the same exact things in the drawer in the console RIGHT UNDER THE SHELF THINGY and he would not be able to find them.

I go through his drawers/cubbies and cull shit every few months, too. If he is surprised something is there, it has to find a new home or get thrown out because he obviously wasn't using it when stored in that location. But we have been together 9 years, it took time to get him to trust me not to throw out important things.