Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

As part of my vendor relations work on the committee for the women's health rally, I'm getting a box of Softcup samples mailed to me to give out at the event. And I am terrified that the event is not going to end up happening, because then I'll be stuck with a thousand Softcups and have NO FUCKING CLUE what to do with them all.

2. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New shotglasses! Yay!

EDIT: Audrey, I think you're right about the ankle strap. If I fold that part down, I don't look like I have cankles. I guess I'll just have to wear long skinny jeans over the ankle part to cover that up.

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Bed Bath and Beyond has Nicole. I didn't snag one since I wasn't familiar with what I was looking at but it really wasn't as expensive as I thought an OPI brand item would be--about $5. I'll get one next time I'm out.

4. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been using L.A. Colors for years and it usually takes forever to chip or wear off. It also helps to put an even coat of polish on the nail, then let the first coat dry before putting on a second coat.

5. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nail Polish: Check out Gelish for gel polish systems. All you really need is a 4 watt light to cure gel, about $20. For polish that doesn't chip for two weeks I suggest you use the whole system. It is expensive, a single .5 oz color is $15. If you want to cheat (and use the polish collection you already have), I recommend Seche Vite UV Topcoat ($10), used with a 4 watt or better light. The wattage of the light merely affects how long it takes to cure your polish between each coat- 2 minutes for the 4 watt, 1 with the 36 watt ($70) and supposedly 10 seconds with a fancy LED light, about $50.

I use the cheat method, my sets usually last 5-7 days, depending on what the hell I am doing with my hands. I haven't tried the LED because it is small, four fingers max.

6. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Ok, to temporarily veer off of make-up talk, I wanted to ask a general question. I have a huge "bucket list" desire to see Jamiroqui in concert. I have followed him for many years and I love his music. But I also think he's hot.

Check him out:

I get it that he's not everyone's ideal - whether it be for looks or music/talent, but he's awesome to me in both aspects. So, I was just curious who is the guy who does it for you? Whether it be looks, talent, personality - or all the above. Also, if you have a girl crush on someone, certainly include her as well.

Attached Files:

7. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been told I'm attracted to unconventional guys. Steve Buscemi, Jimmy Carr, Tim Minchin, and Thomas Dolby (the guy who sang "She Blinded Me with Science") are my most unusual crushes.

I also have a massive crush on Johnny Depp. Not only is he gorgeous, but he's unbelievably talented, has a great personality, and is a really great dad.

I have a little bit of a girl crush on Reese Witherspoon. When someone says something bad about her and I have an instant urge to defend her.

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if you have to have a vagina to post in here (or be a mod) but I was hoping one of you ladies can help me out with a shampoo & conditioner question.

For years I've used Neutrogena Triple Moisture Dry Scalp shampoo & conditioner but they've discontinued it. I'm looking for something with zinc pyrithione in it that isn't a 2-n-1 and doesn't smell like a medicine cabinet. So Head & Shoulders, Selson Blue, Axe's version, Fructis etc are all out. Price isn't much of a concern as my hair is pretty damn short so a bottle will last me over a year.

Thanks TiBetters.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Just curious, since you have short hair: what is your dislike of 2-in-1's? And how short is your hair exactly?

Edit: and to answer your question, I would recommend a Garnier Fructis product. They have several available. I've used a lot of their products with great success and they tend to have a nice smell (though their anti-dandruff stuff seems to come in a number of scents).

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

This is probably in the realm of "too much info about bewildered," but when I am actively searching for a new product that I want to do a certain thing, I spend a lot of time in the shampoo/cosmetic/candle/whatever aisle looking at everything they have (so go to a big store with a big selection) and read all the labels and smell all the bottles. If I'm reading labels and they start using lingo that I don't understand, I'll come home and read about those products.

I would advise you to do the same. You mentioned not liking certain products that I don't have a personal problem with, so maybe you should go and start smelling bottles. You know what active ingredient works for you, so start there.

11. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The longest is about 1.5" but usually closer to 1" on the top and then taper down to nothing. I swear the Neutrogena stuff made my hair softer but mainly it was the smell of the 2-n-1 products. Ya know, the Head-n-Shoulders smell. I don't want to smell like strawberries or anything. Just a nice, clean neutral smell. Neutrogena nailed it.

I did a half ass try at checking some out but it was just at Target. I'll try a little more in depth one and if I can't find one I like there I'll try Ulta or something.

Thanks

12. rachiii

rachiii
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I would go for something actually fancy--Bumble and Bumble's Tonic Shampoo, for instance--something by Davines, Kiehl's, Oribe, maybe. It'll be pricey, but it will definitely smell good, and it will definitely make your hair feel awesome. If you're not using much of it, I say shell out for the good shit and leave the supermarket crap (which might be causing some of the problems) behind.

13. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I love Rhett Miller. I think he's so talented and sexy. I like his personality, too. He's very witty and funny. I've been going to concerts since I was 16, and he only gets better looking as he ages. To me, he's pretty damn close to perfection. Close second goes to Adam Levine.

Attached Files:

14. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My current love of my life, secret boyfriend is Ryan Gosling. Granted his body is FINE, it was in Blue Valentine that I first took notice, when he was not at his absolute finest aesthetically. His performance (along with Michelle Williams) was just so raw. Then I started investigating further and realized that he is not only is he immensely talented, easy on the eyes, he is also just the epitome of cool.

Nothing, absolutely nothing to do with this

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

And then my completely shallow, in a romance novel sense of my loins aching for him....I'll second Adam Levine. And I hear he is single again so I think I am about ready to make my move.

15. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When I was younger, I always thought Devon Sawa was really hot. He's not that bad looking all grown up, either.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Although, those pics of Adam Levine that Dcc001 keeps posting could make my panties drop in an instant. Yikes.

[​IMG]

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

I second (third? fourth?) Adam Levine. Any men trolling this thread, please know that Adam Levine is what we compare you to. Every single one of you.

I also have a weird nerd crush on Galen Weston (the President's Choice guy) and David Hyde Pierce. I love me some glasses.

Oh. And this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Goddamn.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

George is gay. That is all.

18. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I certainly agree with that - damn, he's hot! I love the "man bones" on men.

19. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I guess I'm the only TiBette who cannot stand Adam Levine. I mean, he's hot but he gives off such a douchebag vibe. If I just look at those naked pictures, I can theoretically get into him. But as soon as I see him on The Voice or read an interview with him...fuck no.

Gosling is welcome to insert himself into any of my orifices any time he would like, however. As is Ryan Reynolds (shocker!), Seth Rogan, Sean Astin, and Joe Manganiello. And (shameful crush) Wiz Khalifa. I know, I know.

20. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I am jumping on the running-train-on-Ryan-Gosling train. I have a crush on him of schoolgirl, boy band proportions. We all know what he looks like, but there can never be enough pictures. I prefer him a bit scruffy:

[​IMG]

The fact that I'm not sick of this dude yet says something. In fact, the more I learn about him, the better he gets. I need to just spend all of my free time in the West Village until I run into him and then into his mouth. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

For someone totally different, I've also developed a schoolgirl crush on this guy, Jake M. Johnson, who plays Nick on New Girl. There aren't too many pictures of him on the interweb, but him:

[​IMG]

I like that I could imagine meeting him in a bar. He doesn't have that super celebrity aura about him yet. My best friend and I both have crushes, and we text each other giggling about how cute he is each week after we watch the new episode.

I'm also a big fan of Charlie Day, but I think that's mostly because he looks so much like the guy I have a huge boner for in my real life:

[​IMG]