Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The TiBette Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by audreymonroe, Apr 2, 2012.

1. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Focus: A corner of TiB where the ladies can talk about girl things - clothes, makeup, health, which TiB member is the cutest, etc.

*Preemptive strike against your hilarious suggestion that we should all be showing each other our boobs.*

2. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sweet! Now we have a place to braid each others hair and have a pillow fight! I have no pressing TiBette issues at the moment, but I am happy to FINALLY have a place to discuss things that any self respecting guy shouldn't have to read (or admit that he does, i bet this thread gets lots of looksies from the TiBBoyzzzz.

Welcome TiBettes (and Nom)

3. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, I have a question. Is there anything I can pair my ruffled t-strap sandals with that would be AT ALL slimming? The problem I'm having with these damn sandals is that the t-strap part bisects my foots and makes it look...fat. I normally wear these type of sandals with mid-calf/knee-length skirts, but then I look like I'm walking on stumps. Grrr.

I am aware this sounds stupid.

They look similar to these, but not ugly or silver:
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Fixed link.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Your picture link is broken Pinkcup.

I'm so glad this is finally a real thread! How long have we been asking for this...?

5. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does not sound stupid. This is pretty much the exact reason this thread was created. Assuming you don't have cankles, I'd suggest a skinny jean or chino cuffed or pintucked. Doing this will draw the eye up to your slender ankle and draw attention away from/slenderize your foot.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

This is totally off-topic of what Jenny & Pink are talking about, and perhaps it's out of line given that I don't know audreymonroe AT ALL, but every time I see a commercial or interview or behind-the-scenes about HBO's new show Girls, I think to myself that it was modeled after audrey's life. Is that wrong? It just seems like THAT'S HER, twenty-something chick living in New York.

Audrey, maybe you can sue and get some money from HBO for writing about you without your consent!

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Anyone have a go-to brand of nail polish? I bought a bunch of stuff on sale but it isn't that good. It's usually chipping by day 1 or 2. Can I buy a more high end clear polish to "seal" it on or am I just being a cheap asshole as usual?

8. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I really like OPI with Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" as a top coat. It doesn't chip until around day 4. Essie makes good polish too.

9. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

10. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another vote for Opi, but disclaimer, I don't paint my fingernails (just my toes) because I also have the chipping problem. In addition, due to my line of work, I have to keep my nails short (the men seem to complain if I do their prostate exams with long nails) and wash my hands about 100 times per day (see previous comment about prostate exams) so it doesn't last and I have just given up on it. But it is pretty long lasting for pedicures. Now my friends are swearing by that gel product for their nails.

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

My toe polish seems to last forever but I guess I am too busy with my hands. I about 30 (I got them on sale for $.57 and $1, don't look at me like that) Sally Hansen Xtreme wear (bullshit) and Wet n Wild Wild Shine but they don't last through multiple hand washings, dish washings, dog scratchings, back scratchings, hand jobbings, whatever. So, if my theory holds true, I'd rather just buy one $10 sealer polish.

12. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Gel manicures are amazing. They never chip. But I'm too lazy to keep up with them. However, they did just come out with an at-home kit.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Hmm, gel you say? I'm sure all brands are not all created equally. Has anyone tried one at home? CND cosmetics and Harmony Gelish are the first two that popped up in my shopping search.

14. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The gel polish will only set if you have a UV light, from what I've read. I did a search for an at-home kit and I saw one starting at $129. That's pretty pricey, if you ask me. I think the nail places usually do a gel mani for around $25.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

That does indeed defeat the point of being cheap. I guess I'm back to regular, higher-end polishes. I'll try OPI if I can find it in the store. If not, I'll just pick the something in the $15-20ish dollar range and pray.

16. Nettie

Nettie
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

See if there's an Ulta near you. They constantly send me coupons with $3.50 off $10, 20-30% off, other deals. Their OPI stuff is usually only $8-9, and every couple of months they'll run a buy 2, get one free deal. On their website now they have one you can print that's $3.50 off $10, good through April 7th. Due to restrictions, I guess they can't sell OPI online, but they have a HUGE selection in the store near here.

17. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like Nicole by OPI. It's cheaper than regular OPI (you can even get it at Wal-mart) and still has the easy to use brush and lasts 3-4 days without chips. I usually just use a Revlon base/top coat. Also try checking Winners, or I guess TJ Maxx in the States, for OPI - sometimes you can luck out and find it there.

18. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

1. First of all, this problem is presumably a delusion. Although, I guess you were wearing boots when we've seen each other, so maybe they were expertly hiding fat feet.
    2. If you're worrying about stumpiness, I wouldn't wear skirts that go below the knee. At the knee or mid-thigh are the most flattering for that.
    3. If the shoes really are giving a weird illusion, it might be the ankle strap instead of the T-strap. If an ankle strap hits at a weird spot (usually too high up the ankle/leg) it can give the appearance of stumpiness where there isn't any.

I am SO EXCITED for this show, because it really does look like my life, especially the part where everyone expects writers to work for free. I've always felt like if Sex and the City and Daria had a baby, I would be a character in that show...and Girls more or less looks like that show. I hope it's good.

19. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I'm so relieved. We finally have our own thread where we can talk about raging periods and the Diva Cup!11!! Kidding. Yay for nail polish and shoes!

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

::note to the men, I have begun to crack their code. "red lipstick" clearly means period blood, and "shoes" are devices for capturing said discharge. Over and out::