Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The SuperBowl Traditions & Recipes Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, Jan 31, 2010.

1. JohnQ

JohnQ
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Unfortunately, this will be a year of all new traditions. Until recently, I had a relative that owned a rent to own store, that would turn all the couches towards one wall, and turn all the TV's on that wall to the Superbowl. The place was also packed with food and booze. Most of my family would show up and everyone made a pretty big party out of it. This year, I have no plans yet. So sad.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Santa Fe Soup

1-2 lb. ground beef
    1 med. onion, chopped
    1 (16-oz.) can kidney beans
    1 (16-oz.) can pinto beans
    1 (16-oz.) can black beans
    2 (16-oz.) cans diced tomatoes
    2 (16-oz.) cans white corn
    2 c. water
    2 env. ranch dressing mix
    2 env. taco seasoning mix

Brown meat with onion. Add all other ingredients, including liquid from cans.
    Simmer for 2 hours. (Works well in a crock pot all afternoon . . .) Add more water if soup gets too thick.

Serve with corn chips, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Makes 18 cups.

The best way to serve this, is to place a layer of Fritos on the bottom of a bowl, dip up the soup on top of the Fritos, then sprinkle over cheese. I like using the 4-cheese Mexican cheese blend. I like it without the dollop of sour cream on top.

If there's any left, it freezes well and is better the second time around. You're welcome.