Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Superbowl Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jan 24, 2014.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Talk about the game, what your favorite game day foods are, what you're plans are for watching, are and so on.

Sure Superbowl parties are great and all but on that day, for me, I like to actually watch the game and commercials. Why is it that the friends that have kids always want to host? I don't want to have to shoo little Johnny away from the TV because I CAN'T SEE THROUGH HIS BLOCK HEAD. Think I'll stay home.

2. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am headed to a party at my sister's fiance's place with my girlfriend like we have done this the past two years. Good people, lots of food and drink, no little kids running around, and the dogs stay in the garage.

Last year I made a big ass batch of baked buffalo wings that everyone loved, and this year I am making venison bratwurst. Gonna grind up a whole lot of venison and pork tomorrow to make one large batch of a simple brat recipe (same I did last year) as a base, then I will split it up into four portions to make four different varieties. The plan is to make buffalo sauce with bleu cheese, jalapeno and pineapple, sun-dried tomato and basil, and Philly cheesesteak brats. Two spicy varieties and two mild. I cooked, sold, and personally consumed a shit ton of brats in those exact flavors a few years ago (from a meat locker in Wisconsin that does 32 varieties) and now the challenge will be making them with venison. This will be fun.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I want recipes, people.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing people with kids want to host becasue they don't want to take their children to someone else's house because they're worried Johnboy might break something. They'd rather him break their stuff instead of someone else's.

I may go watch the Superbowl with some friends, however these people don't really get sports so I'm not sure. Considering the Broncos are playing I want to be dam sure I'm watching the game, so maybe I'll go to a nearby Tilted Kilt, I'm sure that'd be fun too.

Growing up, my parents would make what we called Chili Cheese Dip aka queso. Its just the classic velvetta brick with ground beef and rotel.

#4 toddamus, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: The Superbowl Thread

Smoked wings

1 large pack of wings
    1 cup olive oil
    1/4 Cup of your favorite BBC Rub (Yard bird is the tits)

Dump the wings in a gallon zip lock bag with the oil and rub, get the air out of the bag and seal it up. Mix everything in the bag and put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours, mixing and flipping anytime you get a beer out of the fridge.

Smoke with hickory or Apple @ 350 until the juices run clear.

I make 3 packs of these every year and they are always the first thing gone.

[​IMG]

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man, I dated this one white girl from PA that made this dip from the fucking heavens. I haven't had a dip that fucking good, but she went and bought cheddar cheese, green chiles, got her beans from some farmers market, and two other things I can't remember. She didn't care for football, but she was so happy to have the excuse to make that dip. That shit was manna from heaven.

Kinda glad the Patriots didn't make it to the Superbowl, because every time they do I've learned that I can't be around people, because I don't want to be that guy. Also, I want to watch it with people who give a shit about football, but those people want to bring their girlfriends, and they say dumb shit that makes me irrationally angry. Now it can be a party and I can be an advertising guy and be all about the commercials as well as the game.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

This is the worst. Watching the game with a bunch of people that have no clue how the game works. They watch one game a year and think the game is a great reason to have people over. Before you know it they are talking about diapers. Ugh.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I need to double up on the Guac this year, it was gone way before kickoff last year. Making sweet potato chips too with the Epicure rack.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dumb in game comments just piss me off. Here's a tip, if you don't know whats going on, sit back and enjoy the commercials. Don't try to figure it out during the game.

This is why I may go watch the game by myself at the nearby bar. I intend on watching the game, not socializing. If I can watch the game with others who are also intently watching it, good. If I'm with people who could care less and ask stupid fucking questions about the yellow line or is Peyton Manning old, then I'll stab someone. God help me if there's a first down and someone asks, is that good? Another favorite, I had someone ask after an interception, "Why didn't they do that before?"

10. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 2011 Superbowl, I was planning a party and was going to have everyone over. Then my friends wanted to bring the group of girls we just hung out with. I remember planning stuff, then I remember the girls started insisting on playing "Superbowl Games" which I don't remember what the fuck they were, but if this guy did this someone has to do jumping jacks, drinking games etc. I canceled the party.

11. Coke Bottle Casualty

Coke Bottle Casualty
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This crosses the line between ignorance and stupidity.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Who got the interception? The red team or the white team? I like the red team because their jerseys are pretty.

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just so you guys know, the person who asked that is my brother in law. Yep. He can ride a bicycle fast for a long period of time, but when it comes to team sports or drinking or being a man hes kinda retarded.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Your sister married a Tour-de-Milquetoast. Congratulate her.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The two states that legalized weed are playing in the Superbowl. NOT a coincidence. It shows how far happiness and true freedom can take you.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Id make buffalo wings with thc infused butter sauce if I were in those states and into that king of thing. Hell they make weed butter into everything now.

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That'd be kind of interesting, you go to a Superbowl party, eat some wings, then you wind up insanely high.

I'd actually be kind of pissed about that.

18. AdrianSSS

AdrianSSS
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This will be my first Super Bowl in the US, although I've watched a bunch at home...on Monday mornings, which makes it less appropriate to get shitfaced. I actually agreed to work some overtime that day but hopefully I'll be finishing up right before kick-off. I don't have cable so I'll be hot-footing it to one of a couple local bars to get in the spirit.

Shitty thing is, I'm deep in New England and I'm rooting for the Broncos (as I did in the AFC game) because I spent the regular season in Colorado watching the Payton Manning Show, so that will probably make me unpopular. I was somewhat relieved to make it out of the bar alive after the Patriots went down.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I will be making these because I prefer dark chocolate:

Dark Chocolate Brownies:

Ingredients
    1 cup Butter
    5 ounces, weight Unsweetened Chocolate
    ¼ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    2 cups Sugar
    1 Tablespoon Vanilla
    3 whole Large Eggs
    1-¼ cup Flour
    ¾ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    Powdered Sugar, For Sifting
    Preparation Instructions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium-large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally until smooth and melted. Sprinkle in cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.

Stir in sugar and vanilla until just combined.

One at a time, stir in the eggs.

Gently stir in the flour until halfway incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until combined.

Pour batter (it will be very thick!) into a greased 8 x 8 or 9 x 13 baking pan. (Square pan will result in thicker brownies.) Spread to even out the top and place in the oven.

Bake for 40 minutes, then check the brownies with a toothpick. If it is overly gooey/messy, return to the oven for 5 to 10 more minutes. (Just be careful not to burn the edges.)

Allow to cool completely (important!), then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into small squares. The brownies are very rich!

Thanks Pioneer Woman!

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will be getting drunk after the game. Whether it be because I'm suicidal or deliriously happy is up for debate.