Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Shopping Thread (Tis the Season)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Nov 2, 2021.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Put the pumpkins away, fuck the turkey, Santa's poking his ass into your life already!

With the supply chain issues, folks are doing Christmas shopping already to make sure stuff is actually available....or so you buy twice as much, since you're doing it for two solid months.

Focus: What do you use for shopping? How do you look at reviews, guides, etc.?

I use Wirecutter a lot, and dealnews.com

For gift ideas, the Strategist is pretty solid.

How y'all shopping?

Revengeofthenerds likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I usually look at reviews if there’s a big ticket item I’m interested in. My wife does a really good job shopping for me when I tell her there’s nothing I want. She also gets pissed if I tell her that and then go buy myself something in December like I did last year. I haven’t started shopping yet and I don’t plan to until Christmas week.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Every couple without kids:

“Here’s the money for what you want to get. There’s no point in buying or wrapping anything since we’re adults and that shit is pointless.”

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

At the liquor store, mostly.

The only real gifts this year were already given. My sister and BIL are PS5 fans and were having issues getting a hold of one (shocking!) so I called in an industry favour and picked up a couple, one for me, one for them. It was an early XMas present, and they're loving it. My sister's favourite video game is Ratchet and Clank so with the weather starting to head to shit, and their mountain biking slowing down, it was the perfect thing to help them transition to the couch in front of the fireplace.

Other than that, it'll be cooking and drinking and just hanging out and relaxing... we're all old enough that we have all the shit we want, never mind need, and there are no kids involved. We do have some close friends with kids that we all chip in and buy for, but really my sister handles all of that shopping as that's what she lives for.

I did buy a new snow blower that I consider to be close enough to a xmas gift for me, I guess.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I use CamelCamelCamel religiously to price track things on amazon I want but not at the current price. Great to price check for holiday gifts too.

Just finished buying the last of our xmas gifts, don't wanna mess with the holiday rush and expected delays online especially. Though I really look forward to the videos of the karens complaining they can't find whatever for their fuck trophies even though we've been warning them of the holiday shortages since forever ago