Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Seedy Underbelly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, May 8, 2017.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I went down a reddit hole this weekend and came across this article about Judy Garland's experience filming The Wizard of Oz.

It is my mom's favorite movie and I must have watched it a 100 times growing up. But knowing how horrible that experience was, I'm not sure I can watch it again. What an awful life to live. I had no idea of any of it before reading the article.

Focus: What else* (not necessarily movies) has a horrible history behind the scenes?

*Difficulty: no politics.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It seems that the entire world of big-budget Pro Wrestling is heartless, petty, filled with drug-abusing bullies and suicide cases who were famous one day, thrown in the trash the next.

These guys CONSTANTLY back stab each other in interviews, constantly whine about how they deserved a shot at a fake sport's fake title, and can have their entire life's dream ruined in a heartbeat because a writer felt like making them look the fool.

What a horrible, HORRIBLE industry filled with horrible people.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I may be one of the few people that didn't know Garland's story. Its amazing she didn't commit suicide.

Focus: The world of a hockey fighter. There's a great article out there that I'm trying to find and will find. Their world is tough, they are there to fight, to rise up the ranks and make the nhl they have to fight and they have to fight whoever otherwise they won't play won't make the team. And when they go into a game, they know who they'll have to fight and they know they may get fucked up.

Their job is to fuck up the other guy or get knocked out. There is no backing out when your job and only reason you are there is to engage in a face punching contest.

https://www.boston.com/sports/bosto...rofessional-hockey-drug-and-alcohol-addiction
    Good story on Chris Nilan, infamous Canadians fighter

Another good one
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/why-we-fight/

#3 toddamus, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

5. Sharona for Moderator

Sharona for Moderator
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Stop ressurecting months-old threads.

Stick with what is current or a permanent thread.