Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Morning stretches. Doggie Daycare is hard. Ruca hanging with her buddy Bling.
    RUCA DAYCARE.jpg

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Funny what a difference a year makes...

This is the cat from the emergency vet clinic about a year ago after getting beaten up and bit by a feral cat:

IMG_1545.jpeg

Here he is from this morning after getting beaten up and bit by a feral cat. (Different cat this time... I made sure of that last year).

IMG_5081-1.jpeg

Seems like I have some feral cat trapping to do.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RUCA 8 MONTHS.jpg
    8 months yesterday. Just when I think we can't love her more than we do, we do. I know I'm not exactly an impartial party but I've been around and had dogs all my life. She is the best puppy. Still hasn't ever chewed anything that wasn't hers. The only accidents she had in the house were the first week we had her and it only happened twice. She's just a mellow easy goin' girl. Unlike her human momma but exactly like her human dad. We are so lucky. She's the bestest.

4. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As most of you know... my Mastiff passed away. Got this two days ago.

1523671567961418345329.jpg

That is her real paw print.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Good dogs

[​IMG]

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The Cat had a good 4/20...

IMG_5110-1.jpeg

IMG_5116-1.jpeg

7. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

An open letter to the person who ran over my cat: first off, he's ok. Toughest little bastard I ever met. Didn't even meow in complaint which is why I didn't know anything was wrong for TWO DAYS because he's so stoic. Fuck you for not stopping. Fuck you for not helping an animal, a clearly domesticated, someone's friend animal. Fuck you for not having any empathy. You're a bad person. Full stop.

If you care, which clearly you don't, he'll be ok. Your inconsiderate car tire only displaced his hip by a few inches. He'll be in a crate for a month, except when I bring him out to cuddle, because he's a good boy, but he will recover.

PSA: If you hit an animal, you take responsibility or I will hunt you down and cripple you

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well, just introduced a new cat to the family to help keep the current one company and give him someone to play with.

So starts the indoctrination process.

I'd offer up some pics but she hasn't come out from under the bed yet. Luckily it's in a part of the house that's closed off by a pocket door, so they each have their own territory for a bit.

Fun times.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

We'll see how this goes...

IMG_5131-2.jpeg

IMG_1510.jpeg

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Progress...

IMG_1511.jpeg

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Some people think it's Spring...

IMG_5187.jpeg

12. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

received_1752309568191039.jpeg received_1752308764857786.jpeg

My two new Karelian Bear Dogs, Saana and Juko. Going to be hunting up game and hiking a lot this year. Also, Juko sired this litter of pups on Smokey at his former owner's place, Smokey had eight; three girls and five boys, today. Good job, Smokey! (Planned outcross litter by Smokey's owner. Smokey is Irish Wolfhound, Alaskan Malamute and Northwestern Wolf.) received_1626911740756221.jpeg

13. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is our new puppy Milo. He arrives to us on the 26th. My girls are so excited they can't see straight.

Jaden updated photos  (1).jpg

The folks who we're getting him from named him Jaden, but my girls settled on Milo. I think I like Milo better.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20180616_092106.jpg

Went for a 5km trail walk with some spots that looks over some rapids, which is what the dog is looking at.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The two cats are now partners in crime... totally adjusted, out hunting day/night with each other.

IMG_5350.jpeg

My cat is very social, so always wants to be around other cats. Since the new one showed up, he's been ignoring the next door neighbour's cats... and they miss him.

IMG_5352-1.jpeg

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I'm watching my sister's dog over the weekend. Zoey is the sweetest. She is like a giant 85lb Piggy, all sweet and wiggly. I gave her a handmedown Kong toy that was going to be gotten rid of in a garage sale and I even had some Kong liver flavored stuff to put in it. She has been carrying it around like its her baby.
    I wish my sis and her family were better to Zoey! She spends a lot of time in their backyard and the kids seem to ignore her, but she's been great inside with me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Say hello to Pela, who at eight weeks old is the Newfest member of the AFHokie family
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I need some serious help with a dog that has nervous incontinence. My mom's boyfriend pestered her into getting a second dog for his farm. Shes a puppy that's probably 5-7 months old they adopted from a shelter. She has the problem of piddling whenever someone comes up to pet her. At his place she is mostly an outside dog and gets to run around all day, but my mom will cage her when ever she's inside. When brought back to our house she's caged 24/7 unless my mom is taking her outside, we can let her out but the inevitable piddle on the linoleum results in arguments. The dog will piddle on the cement front porch when my mom hooks up the lease. Even this is a bridge too far for my mom and she's now wants to take her back to the shelter and my brother and I feel terrible we didn't take the dog ourselves to train as my mom is just not a dog person. Super sweet loving dog who'd have a great life at the farm with their other rescue dog. Just have to get the piddling under control. My mom swears the vet said she didn't have any health issues that cause it and it's all nerves. Id still think seeing if their are incontinence medications to try out. Im thinking of taking it to my vet too.

Help please.

19. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

@Kubla Kahn We have had dogs in our family that piddled out of excitement too. For my sister's dog, no one is allowed to touch her when they answer the door because if they touch her she will pee. Piggy used to pee out of excitement too but grew out of the behavior.

If you don't mind me asking, why is she caged all day inside? How frequently is your mom trying to hook a leash on to her? She just sounds young and excitable. As exciting things become more commonplace I think the piddling will stop. I bet if she got a walk in the morning and in the evening everyday for a couple of weeks the piddling would stop because the walks and personal interaction would become commonplace. Everytime she has an accident someone needs to draw her attention to it and then take her outside and tell her to go to the bathroom outside.

It might just take time. It took us a couple of months to figure out a good amount of exercise for Piggy because she is very energetic but once we figured it out she was a lot more even.

Good luck....

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Edit: Too late.

#1360 Kubla Kahn, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018