Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The dogs have been making shanks again.

20160825_193646.jpg

2. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Snapped this one of the numbat*:

Jabo tongue.jpg

He's a little bit not right in the head, as in more so than most cats, and probably a little retarded. His salt content is so high that his brain is literally pickled, and the vets were astonished he was even alive, let alone able to function. Probably as a result, he licks lamp-posts, begs for ice cubes, sleeps with his eyes open, snores....

*His name is Jabo (WW2 German slang for fighter-bomber), because when he was little he would zoom around and pounce on things, but he also goes by "critter", "shrimp toast", "smorgasboard", "rug", "butter brickle", "furbag" and "dickhead".

3. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14232539_1035958689851532_6657134731697524026_n.jpg

Flint the West Siberian Laika and Conker the Shiba Inu got an opossum again, my friend Pamela's two dudes. They are also noted for taking down raccoons. I think Revengeofthenerds needs a Shiba Inu or a West Siberian Laika.

#1203 CanisDirus, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  4. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

For good measure, here is her willfully ignoring 1,000+ "get off!" and "no!" commands. I took my eyes off for half a second.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently its national black dog day. My family has always had black dogs, and I think I always will. I've heard people say they're less adoptable and I have a hard time beleiving that or wanting to believe that. From top to bottom its Chico, Rudy (aka Fuzzball), Cozzie

upload_2016-10-1_8-44-21.png

upload_2016-10-1_8-44-41.png coz in the pool.jpg

6. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IMG_2483.jpg The cats are growing pretty rapidly, this is at 2.5 months old. Don't let the sweet cuddly image fool you. They'll be 4 months tomorrow and they ate my modem last night...Bastards.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Canso hunting birds in the shrubbery.

IMG_3748.JPG

To be followed up by sleeping on the couch in front of the fireplace while it pisses down cold rain outside.

IMG_3746.JPG

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The elusive stair-seal
    [​IMG]

9. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

The diabeetus is in remission! So to celebrate I gave him a cup of Seaside Party Mix and tuna. IMG_5658.JPG

#1209 TX., Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  10. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Baby Ponyo and Baby JiJi are finally starting to become buds.

IMG_27601.jpg

11. Cmr88

Cmr88
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Idiots, meet my precious Catahoula Leopard Curr Dog, Sophie. She HATES pictures being taken of her, and refuses to hold still. I conned her into this one, so excuse my own face being in it. I am obsessed with her, and yes I do treat her like she is my child. Isn't she pretty?! Yes, I know she is. FB_IMG_1479832290436.jpg

12. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something about turning the dog loose in a big open field and telling him to chase stuff makes him happy.

[​IMG]

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I love these sweet pups.

[​IMG]

Also, I am fessing up. I have literally told no one about this because I don't need the judgement. I am already labeled the crazy dog lady and this would just seal the deal. ANYWAY. There was a promo code so I pulled the trigger on Cleverpet. Piggy is now obsessed. It is a toy designed exactly for a dog like her: EXTREMELY food motivated, high intelligence, high energy. She naps after a difficult session and I like to watch what I call the Piggy Show in the evening when she plays with it. She just advanced to level 7 this morning. We got the toy set up for first use Friday 12/2. We gave her a lot of extra food at first so she'd play with it but now she needs no prompting. I can tell she knows when it is dinner time because she'll start tapping the unlit pads with her nose starting around 6:30 (we feed at 7:30). She's pretty good on the toy and seems to know how the game is played, but her impatience works against her. I have noticed that when "no one is watching" and she is really into it, her concentration and accuracy is really good. She gets in the zone!

This toy is great because it gives her something to do twice a day. Buddy does not give a single flying fuck about it. I am glad that I am actually an accurate judge of their personalities, because I did not anticipate a problem. The only reason he cares about food and treats is because I am doling them out. There is no draw to an object spitting out food. He'll frequently skip meals.

#1213 bewildered, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

IMG_5815.JPG Home sick. Toby is taking care of me in his own way.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Canso and his favourite ugly green chair.

IMG_3889.JPG

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Much improvement! She's made it to level 9, which I think is the max. I think the puzzles get longer when they get them correct in a row.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We got Piggy's Wisdom Panel back! She is 50% American Stafforshire Terrier, a good chunk of bulldog and weimaraner, and a little bit of Labrador retriever with a tiny percentage of "other/undetectable".

I can very easily visually see the amstaff in her and her personality has features from all these breeds. It's cool to finally have an answer! I guessed some sort of pointer as a secondary breed, but I think that's the weimaraner in her.

Wisdom panel has upgraded some features since the last time I used a kit on Buddy. It's not important, but they go through all the alleles responsible for coloration and physical features, too, and that was kinda interesting to read as someone with a degree and general interest in biology.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The co-pilot is no fucking help with these roadside issues.

IMG_3934.JPG

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

My hunting cat died. She was throwing up a lot, we were gonna take her to the vet if she didn't get better but then she ran off and it's been two weeks. Figure she was looking for a place to curl up and feel better or die and an animal got to her.

We have a cruise coming up in a few weeks but soon as we get back I'm surprising my wife with a kitten (the wife is upset about losing the cat; I just kinda figured with an outdoor cat in coyote land she was only good for a few years anyway). So good news is TiB will have some cute kitten pictures coming very soon.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

The couches I ended up upgrading to are.....cloth. And they are kind of a soft tweed material so they are a real hair magnet. I have sofa covers but as a pro-tip to my fellow idiots: buy one of these. It work so well. At first I was using the tape lint rollers for weekly cleaning because my vacuum attachment did nothing. This little red jobbie does an even better job and will save me money in the long run.