Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Nettdata, Oct 21, 2009.

1. imaronin

imaronin
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Picture of my first meeting with Toby, a "retired" show dog I adopted about 6 years ago. He's now dealing with rear leg problems associated with a pinched nerve/disk, so both of his rear legs drag a lot. He can still walk ok, but I'm looking into those rear leg wheel harnesses to help him during our longer, daily evening walks. Doctor said I need to keep him walking in order to avoid muscle atrophy (makes sense)..... Regardless, he's still happy-go-lucky and a great companion to come home to after a long day at work. Love the little guy.

Attached Files:

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Birds are fun

3. theking23

theking23
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What kind of dog is that?

4. miss_c

miss_c
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

These are our babies, Chuck and Zorro.

Zorro is standing up - on his face, the orange fur goes almost all the way underneath his eyes like a mask.

Chuck is laying down - and named in honour of Chuck Norris, because the kitty kicks ass!!

This photo was taken when we had lost them one afternoon. After spending half an hour looking for them, we discovered them curled up in a goofy hat that we bought in Disneyland and kept on a table near the lamp. They pulled it down and had a nice nap!

Attached Files:

5. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Tex passed out before I did last night.

[​IMG]

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]
    one of my other two birds.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Well if we're going to get in a battle of birds, meet Percy:

[​IMG]

He wouldn't put up with another bird in the house, he'd just as soon look at them as kill them. Just look as his chest devoid of feathers. If he can't attack another animal he attacks himself. That's pretty damn bad ass.

When his wings were clipped he used to chase my German Shepard-Chow mix dog around the house. That damn dog worried me sometimes, but not Percy. He'd just spread his wings, yell at the top of his lungs and take off after it running across the floor. The poor dog didn't know what to make of the little bundle of feathers that was chasing her, so she'd make a hasty retreat.

And for those of you that think birds are wimps....have you ever experienced what a parrot can do with its damn beak? It's evolved to crush rocks and trust me your fingers and face aren't quite as durable as a rock. A bird can, and will, fuck your shit up if it decides too. At the same time they can be the most loving creatures you ever encountered, you just need to learn to read their mood before you go sticking your hand in their house.

8. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im lucky none of my three birds are down to fuck shit up that way. My cockatoo occasionally wails on people with ponytails though - I think its a fear of snakes because she also gets scared of some extension cords and vaccums.

Our green one (male eclectus) wails on his own feathers but only in the winter. No idea why.

This one's a lazy fatass, i think shes actually too fat to fly, despite none of our birds having clipped wings. She just chills in our cage, occasionally talking quietly. Note in this picture she's in her cage, door wide open.

[​IMG]

Oh and she once destroyed our old washroom. We were on Holmes on Homes and they pointed that out.

9. Bouchedag

Bouchedag
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is my airedale, hunter, smoking a cigarette because he is badass.
    [​IMG]
    He ate the cigarette.

[EDIT] I also have a beautiful german shepard, silver, a mini schnauzer, molly, and an emperor scorpion, dave, i will post pics as soon as possible.

10. Bouchedag

Bouchedag
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Molly, lookin damn cute.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hunter, with his usual smug grin on.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hunter, yet again, playing in the snow
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. santiago

santiago
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Christmas party at the dog beach. One of the other bullies had an elf's hat that made Bella jealous.

Attached Files:

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

When I come back I hope it's as a dog. She looks all pure and sweet here when in reality she is the Devils canine spawn. Her nails need clipped but to do so, they have to put her out and I refuse because that's not good for her, rather I do it myself and can only take the tips for fear of losing a finger, or her flopping her 125+/-lbs over on me. None of that matters, she is my security system and she works.

Attached Files:

• mag2.jpg
      mag2.jpg
      File size:
      179.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is my friend's dog Louie. She loves to lay around like this all the time. Strangest position I've ever seen a dog relax in.

Attached Files:

14. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Tex has a new favorite game he likes to play at the hunting camp- waking me up at 5AM when I'm hungover by lying on my chest and whacking me in the face with his tail.

Once again, Tex is a jerk.

[​IMG]

15. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Picked up this furry little lady of pure havoc for the girlfriend, on her birthday. She loves it, and it loves her. And that's all that really matters. What my girlfriend doesn't understand is that its a FUCKING KITTEN. It wants to play A LOT. She wants it to be this gray & white hairy matter that'll lay around all the time... definitely not the case. She also doesn't take any sort of disciplinary action when it does something wrong, so naturally it hates me. I've wanted to drop-kick this thing a couple or 20 times now.

Gracie, the bitch kitty.

[​IMG]

16. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pepper is at Doggie Daycare today, and they finally got their webcam up and running. Say goodbye at being productive at work! I'm such a sucker for puppies.

Attached Files:

17. lugmastro

lugmastro
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Immersed in a culture devoid of human intelligence
    We have 3 German Shorthair Pointers.

Charlie
    [​IMG]

Laila
    [​IMG]

Breacher
    [​IMG]

18. lugmastro

lugmastro
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Immersed in a culture devoid of human intelligence
    Someone asked for a couple more pictures, so here they are.

This is Breacher about a month ago (8mo old)
    [​IMG]

Our couch on a regular basis looks exactly this way
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Best_Name_Ever

Best_Name_Ever
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Sniff Sniff.
    [​IMG]

20. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was never really a pet person until I got my dog. He's a Shar Pei mix, dumb as a post, and hates men. His official name is Gizmo, but I also call him Monster, Little Dog, and Gremlin. From time to time, he gets called Predator because he's a sexual predator that will hump anything.

When I first got him (the blue eyes are just a trick of the light):

[​IMG]

More recently:

[​IMG]

I also have a parakeet named Mr. Blue, but he has a major attitude problem, so I like to pretend he doesn't exist.