Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official Idiot Chicago Meet-Up Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Parker, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: When the fuck are we going to do this thing? I'm suggesting March 25th, the Saturday after St. Patrick's Day.

Focus 2: Where are we going to go? I have a few suggestions, but I am a little anti-dive bar when it comes down to it. Lots of good places in Chicago with quality beer, booze and killer food.

2. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

make it the day before Lollapalooza and I'll show up

3. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should be interviewing for jobs in Chicago within the next month or so, hopefully.

I'd love it if I could meet up with you dudes/dudettes one of the weekends I happen to be over there for a round of interviews.

4. rachiii

rachiii
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

1) I'm totally down for the 25th (unless I have to go on a grad school interview or something)

2) I'm 100% a dive bar girl, but for y'all I can class it up. What part of the city is everyone in? I know Parker and I are in Lakeview, so obviously I vote for something close to lakeview...

5. Striding Man

Striding Man
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm all for dive bars or classy joints. I've worked in the industry a long time and have a few friends that would be more than accommodating to a group like us.

I live just north of wrigleyville. The 31st would be best for me, but I could try to swing the 24th

Edit: the 25th is a Sunday.

6. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what we should do? Southport Lanes. Not fancy, we can bowl/play pool. Beer decent beer/cheap. There are a few other bars around it. The area is a little white/family oriented but since we'll be sitting around talking bullshit I don't think it matters that much.

7. rachiii

rachiii
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

HAHAHA man Southport Lanes is where my ex and my best friend told me they were cheating on me with each other and I got super drunk on wine and cried embarrassingly in the bathroom.

But I'm totally down to redeem myself through another visit.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's toss that idea out the window. Plenty of other bars. Let's get a date, and who all is interested first. We can pick a bar after. Or people can keep tossing in ideas. Either way.

9. villagebicycle

villagebicycle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I live in lincoln park so I'm down for anywhere on the north side except old town/gold coast because I'm not rich enough. Then again, I'm not much of a contributor on here so feel free to disregard my opinions.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, so we're having a "meetup" that so far is just a black man and a curvy white woman. Do we really need the charade?

11. ex Animo

ex Animo
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Second. Will be there for a couple of weeks in August.

12. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I will definetely be in Chicago the 16th-21 of March. Staying around Wrigleyville and will not be sober much of that weekend...anyone want to try to meet up let me know.

Summer in Chicago sounds like a winner though, trying like all hell to make Lollapalooza this year.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Id be down if it was June 9th. I'm looking for a reason to see Roger Waters in Chicago on the 8th and bale on the tickets I have for Louisville that Sunday. Or I could see both and rock out like a G. But I don't see it happening. If there was a March meet up I'd go if it was going to be a semi decent drinking area. I don't mean club banging downtown. Ive been to Wrigglyville before I like the bars there....

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd love to go (Chicago is only about an hour drive, shorter if I drive like an asshole), but unfortunately you're picking dates that are all within the "she's about to pop" window for my wife.

It was also hard enough to explain my participation in the Google+ chats, so explaining meeting people off the internet might make her... well, lets just say it would be difficult to explain.

Sucks. I really want to talk some Patriots shit to Parker in person.

15. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whoa Whoa now....Roger Waters you say?

I like this very much.

16. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in. I'm in Indy for a wedding the 24th, so that doesn't work, but otherwise I'm free.

Parker, are we coworkers yet?

17. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're no coworkers yet Jwags, but we'll get there. How is everyone's April looking?

18. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should be getting grant money in here very shortly. I am so up for drinking with you asshats! Also I no longer have an anchor around my neck so I should be able to make it as long as it's not on a kids weekend. Hell if anyone in the South Bend area wants to go I will split gas with you. (I promise I'm only slightly weird)

19. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since I live in the SB area, I'd be inclined to suggest hopping on the South Shore there and back. I may have a tough time explaining the (potentially) scary black man to my friend whose apartment I would be staying at, however.

20. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not scary, I haven't busted a cap in well over six months now.