Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Official 2016 TiB Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Popped Cherries, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is the Discord link for the Draft Chatroom. You can either type in the chat box, or use a mic. I'll leave it open for both drafts, but I probably won't actively join until a little later.

This is for the voice chat.
    https://discord.gg/784ty

This is for text only.
    https://discord.gg/VxpUU

Anddddddddddddddd, we're back.

We find ourselves, yet again, counting down to another glorious football season.
    Jumping right into it, there are some important changes this year, so pay attention and try to keep up.

After much deliberation in the off-season, I've worked through some of the roster issues we've seen in past years. There has been the unfortunate side effect of trades being made for the sake of swapping players since the wavier wire is pretty dry, waivers getting filled in an inefficient manner, and scoring becoming slightly unbalanced for certain positions. I went through and cleared up a bunch of the byproducts of some setting decisions when I first created the league and here is the updated result.

1. I've changed waivers to now be auction based per week. Here is a quick primer on how it works. http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-WAB
    The idea behind this is the same as the auction draft. This gives everyone an equal opportunity to pick up waiver players and it allows a bit of strategy based on how you would like manage your waivers throughout the year. I think this will keep the bottom teams from picking up all the "good" waiver wire pickups mid season and allow for a more fair approach then the other options. Free agents will still be free and every player not picked up in waivers resets to a free agent, mid week.

2. I've eliminated the kicker position from the league. Fantasy football is somewhat random as it is and when you include kickers into the mix, it adds even more randomness to the outcome of the season. I could go into more about this, but I don't think anyone will really miss having or not having kickers in the scoring mix.

3. Due to the above, here are the newly updated roster positions. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, Team Defense. In addition to this, I've edited down the bench spots from 6 to 4. This will keep a greater number of players in the free agent pool and will force everyone to make smarter roster decisions throughout the year.

4. I've added divisions inside the individual leagues. Before, you played everyone in the league once and then 2 random teams twice. With this change, you will play everyone in your division twice, and two random teams from the opposite division. The overall effect of this should create some good rivalries within the season as the majority of the games played will be inter-divisional games.

Based on this, the playoffs will also be getting a bit of a change.
    10 teams will go to the playoffs instead of 8, with the bottom team in each division getting cut regardless of total record. The playoffs will be reseeded based on actual record with tie breakers going to division records. The winner of each division will get a first week bye, while the rest have to play. The playoffs will now take up weeks, 13,14,15,16.

So that about covers all of the changes we will see this year. If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Now for the rest.

Last year was a good year as we expanded to include another league. We are going to do the same this year, however, it won't be a Varsity/JV league split, it will just be a mirror league, everything being equal. To accommodate this, I've lowered the buy-in for the league from $55-40. This should make it affordable enough for both sides while also keeping the same price if you want to join both leagues. From the interest thread already posted, we have 20 people expressing interest and me taking up a spot in both leagues means we only need 2 more people or 2 people to play in both leagues.

Tib Fantasy Football
    NFL.COM Fantasy Football
    12 Team Auction Draft
    Draft Time 7:30pm EST September 5th (Labor Day)
    $40 Entry Fee
    $260 1st Place Prize
    $120 2nd Place Prize
    $60 3rd Place Prize
    $20 Division Winner
    $20 Division Winner

TiB Fantasy Football 2
    NFL.COM Fantasy Football
    12 Team Auction Draft
    Draft Time 9pm EST September 5th (Labor Day)
    $40 Entry Fee
    $260 1st Place Prize
    $120 2nd Place Prize
    $60 3rd Place Prize
    $20 Division Winner
    $20 Division Winner

All requests to join the league please send to monoatomic72 at gmail . com
    As per usual, it will be first come first served. In addition, since the leagues are mirrored, I will be randomly placing each person into a league based on a random number I've assigned to the order people pay in.

Let's Do This!

#1 Popped Cherries, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Payment sent, who's Parker gonna start the first four games?

[​IMG]

4. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh man, I avoided the auction draft by doing JV last year, and now I need to keep up for the entire season? I need a primer on this before I commit to play. It's not the $40, it is the fact that I have a "healthy" competitive spirit and won't know what in the hell I am doing so will ultimately fail. I am still bitter as can be about getting cheated out of the playoffs last year. Another showing like that and you may need to put me on suicide watch.

(I don't suppose you would consider a "beginner" league for one that will just be run by the default rules?)

5. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do I just send you a paypal payment to that address or do you want an email first?

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And once again, Popped, thanks for being the Fantasy Grand Master for yet another year.

7. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The auction is beyond easy to work with.

Just think of it like this. You are at an auction and Tom Brady is standing in front of you. There are 11 other people attempting to bid for a season long Brady romance. Once the bidding opens, everyone bids like a regular auction. It's open until the timer runs out on the last made bid. So if I bid, the clock resets to 8 seconds and if no one else bids before that 8 seconds is up, I win. If someone tops my bid, the 8 seconds refreshes and everyone is able to put in another bid. It's very simple.

For waivers, it works very similar, but it's a blind bid. If you want someone on the waiver wire you put a blind bid in for that person and if you win, you get them. You have a budget for the whole season so you have to spend that money wisely.

I thought about making a simpler league, but in the end, I think we will see greater participation with mirror leagues.

8. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll be in for both leagues again this year if spots are available. Let me know and I'll get payment going right away.

9. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Money sent.

10. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I for one prefer having a kicker and not having that many WRs in the lineup, but I'm probably in the minority there. Money sent.

11. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Payment sent

12. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

13. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I went back and forth on eliminating the kicker spot, but in the end, it's point creep every week that doesn't hold the same tactical advantages of playing matchups in other positions. For instance, if my WR2 is going against one of the top corners in the league and I have another option with an optimal matchup, I can go with the other option. With kickers, there is very little you can do to match up a kicker to a value any given week.

As to putting a 3rd WR slot, this is offset by removing 2 bench positions. In addition, 3rd depth WR's score very similar to kickers on a week to week average. It works out to be very close in scoring totals with flexibility to exploit matchups and reward owners who spend even a little bit of time researching waiver wire acquisitions. Also, I think this will cut down on some of the "unbalanced" trades as you won't be able to lineup stack while holding onto a position dominant bench. All in all, I think it will make for a more competitive and engaged league, but we will see. If it doesn't work out, we can always change some of the roster around next year, but I think this change will come out being a positive.

14. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Paid, but feel left out if I don't say so.

16. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

That reminds me, are we doing the live-chat thingy for the draft so I can hear how funny yall talk again?

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just feel free to leave the camera off this time, Mr. Nipple Clamp.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That depends, Blue Dog. Will we get to hear your wife's commentary on all this? If so, definitely.

19. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Yah, you betcha!

Yah, you betcha! But it may be hard to hear her well from behind the wall.... MAKE DRAFT-CHATS GREAT AGAIN!

20. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, I object your honor! I resemble that accusation.