Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Office - season 7

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by jrussellmikkelsen, Sep 24, 2010.

1. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The season premiered last night. I've never felt the need to talk about TV with strangers before in my life...

Andy and Erin aren't together? Erin is dating Gregg the new company's geeky boss-type??? (I still don't get what his position is supposed to be.)

Am I the only who cares?! They didn't even address it in the rest of the episode!

WHAT THE HELL?!!?!?!!

2. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season premiere had a few good moments- Cold opener, Nard dog vs Nard man, and Kelly's new outlook were all great.

But I hope the episode will be one of the worst of the season, I compared it to the Mafia episode; decent but by no means hilarious or up to their usual standards.

I'm starting to like Gabe now that he's trying to blend into the group. The comment he made about workplace hostility was also a highlight of the episode

But all of Michael's lines felt forced, especially in the conference room. I think they're really pushing for other character development now that Carrell is leaving, and they may actually pull it off.

3. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

His name is Gabe, and I still don't like him. Here's to hoping that the storyline puts Erin with the Nard Dog and hijinx will ensue along the way.

And I still find Erin hotter than Pam.

4. dougiebig

dougiebig
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Was I the only one who thought Pam's elevator button prank was kinda dumb? She used to be good at that sort of thing pre-baby.

5. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but Jim's key prank would have been awesome if Pam didn't blow it.

I'm really hoping that Dwight buying the building will result in a LOT more of Jim fucking with Dwight.

6. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I hope so too! Dwight buying the building was unexpected. As for the episode, it had some funny bits as usual, but not as good so far as last season... but it's only the first episode.

7. TheDward

TheDward
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Is it me or is Pam far more annoying than she used to be? I understand that her relationship with Jim is different now that they're married, but she shouldn't be looking for his approval all the time. I liked it better when the two of them weren't so emotionally dependent on each other.

Also, do Jenna Fischer's boobs increase in size every season? They look fantastic.

I wonder if we'll see more tension between Sabre and Dunder Mifflin. Could make things interesting.

I think this season has alot of potential. Most of my friends gave up on The Office a while ago, but I still think its one of the best comedies on television right now.

8. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did you miss the intro where Pam was walking backwards jumping up and down. Man, she's a babe.

9. Muley05

Muley05
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I still watch the show, but the last season sucked and the premiere for this season wasn't very funny, either.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Disposable cameras are fun, but you never get to see the pictures.

11. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

They need to ditch the Sabre crew- Gabe and Jo are just not funny. Kathy Bates may be a great dramatic actress, but she's not adding anything to this show.

And what was the point of bringing Daryl into the office if he's not going to get any storylines? Craig Robinson is a helluva lot funnier than the actress playing Erin, but she gets at least one hilarious line per episode and he gets nothing.

12. jecantor

jecantor
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Early guess-- new guy becomes the boss? Seems a little too obvious...

13. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Highly doubtful. Timothy Olyphant already has a full-time gig over on FX (not to mention a greater range for movie roles), and the whole premise of the show would sink if the DM manager actually was a charming, smooth-talking, handsome guy as opposed to someone that only thinks he is. (That applies more to David Brent than Michael Scott, but it's still apropos.)

I'm guessing this is simply the catalyst for some Jim/Pam tension and the return of David Packer.

14. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I think the beginning of tonight's episode was the funniest thing this show has done in a long, long time. Had to pause it because I was laughing too hard to hear, and didn't want to miss anything.

15. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Usually the halloween themed episodes are hilarious. Also, every episode that features Packer is gold.. but they needed more of him. Also Pam, STFU for a bit, please!

16. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I only had one problem with that episode. Do they really expect us to care about why some dude didn't call Pam back for another date? Even moreso, why did they care about it? That mini-storyline was completely unnecessary and stupid. I kept waiting for a "Pam actually banged him" revelation, but it obviously never happened.

17. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stereotypically speaking, and this is a sitcom we're talking about, a straight guy wouldn't dress up as Lady Gaga.

Since I really want Erin and Gabe to break up, here is my pet theory: Gabe is a closeted gay who will do anything to prevent Jo from finding out (I don't remember whether she's a traditional Southerner or a Julia Sugarbaker type that wouldn't care). So he dates Erin because she is the one least likely to have a clue she's being treated as a beard.

Oscar will figure it out first and out him, or he has no clue and will be really pissed that he didn't already figure it out.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that Toby's eyes popped out of his head when he saw Angela. I don't know if this is just a brief "Wow, she has a body" moment or if he will now crush on her instead of Pam.

18. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To be fair, MY eyes popped out when I saw Angela, mostly because it was so unexpected. I think that may have been Toby's reaction.

I do REALLY like the theory on Gabe, though. Too bad I don't think the writers are that clever anymore.

19. botox

botox
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That was definitely one of the best episodes of The Office in a while. Gabe's costume was great as were his moves during the contest. "In case you can't read mymymy pokerface, we will be reviewing our sales policies." Packer was, of course, in top form with the question "Halpert, you looking for someone to bang you wife?" but someone please tell me, what was going on with those paper bags in the kitchen with Danny?

Angela was looking very fly when she candidly admitted that she "know(s) what sells in this office." Oscar's best costume win for "Rational Consumer" was well written, especially Ryan's "Shake things up. I'm a Nader guy." This Pam-Jim-Danny triangle is really getting annoying. I have never really liked the Jim and Pam story and, while it does give balance to the comedy, I wish that some of the more minor characters were explored and more attention was given to "the 'Nard Dog," son of "the 'Nard Man" and Cornell alumnus Andy Bernard.

I am starting the think that Darryl will be taking over as Branch Manager when Steve Carell leaves the show. His painted widows peak while seriously talking with Lady Gaga Gabe certainly lightened the mood as corporate chain of command was discussed

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You never did the Halloween tradition where you peel grapes, put them in a paper bag and tell people they're eyeballs?

Well, Packer's bag holding his trouser mouse might be the highlight of that episode.