Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Office Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by ZombieMichael II, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ZombieMichael II

ZombieMichael II
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm really happy that the writers have gone back to focusing more on the other characters this season, and not so predominantly on Jim and Pam, even though that it an important story line.

Last week's episode was great, classic season 2-esque The Office.

What are some plot lines or character development that you guys would like to see as this season moves along?

2. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I like that they've been using characters like Oscar and Kevin more in the last few episodes. One person I'd like to see focused on in at least an episode or two is the new secretary. She's absolutely adorable.

3. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The new secretary may be cute, but she has no personality, and it seems a little late to give her one, unless it is a lesbian scene with her and Pam.

You are right, there are so many other characters that can be used, and I think that they finally realized that after the abortion that was last season. Michael is getting worn thin, and Pam and Jim were very uninteresting as a couple compared to when they were together, so they will try and focus on other characters.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That was probably THE funniest episode of the Office I've ever seen.

Pam's instantaneous reaction.
    Watching Pam lose her shit like that was awesome.
    Watching Stanley in the background while Pam was chanting "No More Meetings!" was awesome.
    Watching Michael try and figure a way out by befriending Toby.
    "I'm going to date your mother harder." "What do you mean!?" "You know what I mean."
    The fucking duck.
    "I'm not insane... I have 8 hours of this."

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was one of the top five Office episodes of all time. Pam was not taking any shit from Michael, and I loved it. There was a moment in that meeting when Michael said something along the lines of, "What do you think is wrong with me?" and everyone looked ready to jump out of their seats. I think Oscar actually put his hand up.

Ryan has come to completely dominate whatshername.

Creed broke into tears when he heard the aria that Andy said was utter bullshit. Either of those things is hilarious. In combination, fucking brilliant.

I was confused by the fact that most people, after getting over the fact that Michael was fucking Pam's mom, actually told Pam she was overreacting.

Angela enjoyed the ever loving shit out of it. Nice.

This season is in full fucking stride. They are killing it. I didn't see who wrote this one, but I know Mindy Kahling wrote the wedding episode, and that shit was brilliance in itself.

6. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"What kind of car does she drive?
    A green Nissan
    Fuck"

That was my favorite exchange of the night

7. mastert

mastert
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Close to the top for me was:

"Hey Jim..."
    "NOT NOW TOBY! MY GOD!"
    "Oh Jesus! What did I do?" (trailing off into the distance)

Capturing the pathetic in Toby's voice is pretty much impossible to capture in text unfortunately. Poor Toby. Definitely one of the best episodes in recent history, and I think I'd rank it above the wedding episode purely because of the number of totally unrelated hilarious moments.

8. DrinksOnTheHouse

DrinksOnTheHouse
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Loved how he was so happy when he thought Michael was his friend now.

9. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's a mallard.

10. ZombieMichael II

ZombieMichael II
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I missed that part, now I have another reason to rewatch this episode.

This season was most certainly gone back to how great The Office was a few seasons ago, and I couldn't be happier.

Poor Toby...

11. bicyclethief

bicyclethief
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"Push It" by Salt N Peppa was Michael's ringtone for Pam's mom. That cracked me up.

One of the top lines for me was:
    "Blind Guy McSqueezy... It's a character I've been work-shopping. The women in my improve class absolutely hate him."

12. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Count me in the minority, but I thought that might be one of the worst episodes of The Office I've ever seen. In all honesty, the only thing I felt was funny was Creed laughing at the music Jim was playing. I think this episode was more geared towards developing plot as opposed to being funny. Personally, anyone who thinks that was "one of the funnier episodes" probably just started watching this show in the last two years.

13. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm not sure if you really watched this episode, as Creed was clearly near tears when Jim had the music playing, not laughing. However, I certainly wouldn't say it's one of the funniest episodes, I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't put it in my list of top episodes.

14. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Yeah, this is classic office stuff.
    It was hilarious, and i'm glad it's gone back to mocking everyone so hard. The sycophantic grinning 'ask Micheal' receptionist, the awful boring stereotypical Pam and Jim (who seem to be trying just a bit too hard to enjoy each others company)
    Then there's the nauseating thought of Micheal fucking ANYONE, let alone your Mum. 'what is so wrong with me?'HA!
    Great!

15. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My bad about the post earlier. Wrote that when I was drunk and wasn't paying much attention. I actually got 2 PMs regarding the episode so maybe I need to go back and watch it again.

16. Ahojlaska

Ahojlaska
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Does anyone else find Pam to be extremely annoying? She used to be likable, but now it seems like she's just kind of a bitch to everyone. That being said, I thought the rest of the episode was great. Besides the dance scene at the end of the wedding episode (which was one of the worst moments in television history) the season has been good.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think this is a result of her growing some balls and standing up for herself, coupled with the fact that she's now married to the co-manager and is getting all sorts of shit from her co-workers. She's getting to the end of her tolerance, and is starting to lash out.

It's a continuation of her growth.

18. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I like Pam's new attitude, her telling Micheal she doesn't give a shit about his happiness was very refreshing.
    I can't imagine there won't be repercussions though.......

19. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't know, I always thought she was kind of awful. She had a job she hated and a fiancee she didn't particularly like, but rather than doing something about either of those situations she was content to look down her nose at the rest of the office w/ Jim and help him fuck with Dwight (which is always awesome, don't get me wrong). She leads Jim on and lets him think there's something there, but when he finally makes a move she pulls the, "Oh sorry I didn't realize/ you're such a good friend" bullshit. It's only when Jim comes back happy & successful that she "realizes" what she passed up.

Jim is almost as bad. He finally gets free of the situation in Scranton that was eating him up and meets a new girl who is not only hotter and cooler but doesn't put him through the shit Pam did. Eventually he passes up a chance to take a much better job in New York to go back to Scranton and try again with a girl who made it clear she didn't want him. Because it's a TV show we're made to believe he made the right choice and all that happy horseshit, but in the real world who in their right mind would trade Karen and New York for Pam and Scranton?

I stopped watching this show around season 4 because, clearly, to me it stopped being entertaining and started being irritating. I caught the last episode as a result of not turning off my TV between Community and 30 Rock and enjoyed it because it showed how strong the pimp hand of karma is- Jim slowly becoming more like Michael and Pam having to deal with the repercussions of inviting an office full of people she's always kind of despised to her wedding. Obviously my own experiences with women and the world affect the prism through which I view this show, but I don't think that completely invalidates my position.

20. ZombieMichael II

ZombieMichael II
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I would - Pam is SO much hotter than Karen, it's not even funny.