Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The New Year's Eve thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I go between wanting to go out hard for new year's to wanting to just stay home and relax. I never really know which mood I'm going to be in until it gets closer...right now I'm thinking I might just work this time around since last year was such a blast. Last NYE, my friends from London came over and met up with all of us in Boston and it was a blast. Boston + NYE = fucking amazing time. Started off for drinks at my favorite bar The Black Rose and moved on to a totally laid back night, lots of booze, guys I adore, a shitload of ball breaking, trying desperately to find a cab for over an hour in a blizzard, painfully and triumphantly avoiding a dude I'd hooked up with in the past, meeting boys who were into me until they realized I was a Yankees fan, and then some all made for a pretty great start to the new year.

I think the key to going out on New Year's is to go out with people who have zero expectations. Girls/guys who put too much thought into their outfits, hair, who's going to be where, what are the best deals, are all the people I choose to stay far far far away from. Sometimes that results in being with random friends that night and really, those nights end up being the ones I remember (or only remember from pictures, which is even better).

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Year's Eve lost most of its novelty when I started staying up past midnight on a regular basis. After that, I noticed it rapidly became a regular evening, ten seconds of build-up, a few more seconds of cheering, and then another regular night. Perhaps some bastardized Robbie Burns in the middle.

My favourite New Year's was a couple of years back. My extended family got together at some resort for a few days of skiing, snowmobiling, and drinking. Fun times.

3. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My problem with NYE is that it is always built up by everyone to be such a big deal. "It's New Years Eve, you have to do something special and memorable". And it always ends up being a total let down. That's why this year my plan is to just stay home with my roommates and a couple bottles of champagne. If it ends up just being the four of us, great. If other friends come by, the more the merrier, I just want to have a laid back night.

I say that NYE has always been a let down, but two years stand out. The first, which I think was either '05 or '06, my best friend and I spent four nights in Chicago to see our favorite band, Umphreys McGee, play on the 30th and 31st. Their show on the 31st was phenomenal (A fantastic cover of Pink Floyd's Speak to Me/Breath as balloons are falling from the cealing). After that ended around 2ish, the bars in downtown Chicago were open till 5 so we bar hopped with some random people and got hammered. In our drunken stupor we made sure that everyone around us knew that we were from Oklahoma and how awesome Chuck Norris was.

The other NYE that stands out is the year that the same friend and I spent at his house just off campus in Stillwater, Oklahoma (Oklahoma State University). It was Christmas break of course and so it seemed as though there wasn't another soul within miles. It was him and I and our girlfriends at the time, along with my cousin and her (now) husband just getting drunk, listening to good music and shooting water balloons over his fence at the dorms (I managed to shatter a 2nd/3rd story window that probably wasn't discovered for another week). Perfect laid back NYE.

4. NoMames

NoMames
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've always thought of NYE as a decent night to go out and get laid. Everyone is drunk, everyone needs someone to kiss at midnight, so its really quite simple to use some drunken line to seal the deal. Then again, I'm 4 of 4 getting laid on New Year's since getting to college. This year, however, will be different since the missus will be in South America visiting family. So, my plans consist of getting to the bar at 8, having a few beers with my coworkers, working and babysitting the drunk kids until 2, then having a few more beers and smoking a few hookahs after work, again, with my coworkers. Then rolling in the money I'm going to make.

As far as memorable NYE, I've only really had two that stick out. Two years ago, I spent it in Champaign, IL with my then girlfriend. It was fun, but far too many amateurs (myself included). Last year, I had graduated drinking school and went out in style: beautiful woman on both arms, good looking suit and tie combo, and enough connections to not wait in line or have anyone show an ID all night.

At least that's what I remember it like, but apparently I won a bet at 8 PM of drinking three 1.5 L bottles of champagne. I was piss ass drunk by 11, don't remember anything after my kiss at midnight until around 2 AM when I was balls deep in one of the girls. I also fucked for about four hours that night with a girl who was a screamer, while there were plenty of other people trying to sleep about ten yards away in the living room.

5. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

FOCUS: What are your plans for ringing in the new decade?

We're having a party full of perverts at our house.

One of our friends makes constant jokes about how sexy he is. If the cloning comes into conversation, no matter what the circumstances - he will bring up the fact that if he had a clone, they would both die of starvation because they would be too busy doing each other to eat. So for Christmas he'll getting a strap on attachment mold of his own dick and for new years eve he'll he'll getting a strap on attachment mold of his own dick.

Should be a fun party.

6. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You shut your fucking face! Andre is DELICIOUS!

Focus:
    None of mine have been particularly memorable... but this year I'm planning on sending out '09 & ringing in '10 with some very loud sweaty sex. And probably some Andre.

7. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"Blah blah blah party blah." When you get drunk every night new years just means you're getting drunk with others instead of alone. WHOOO

8. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And you get to pay a cover for an otherwise shitty bar that no one ever goes to.

Focus: I'm flying to Phoenix to visit a buddy and go to the Packers/Cardinals game on Sunday. It was -7 here (nebraska) yesterday, it was around 70 there yesterday. I could care less about New Years, the thing I'm most excited about? I get to fucking eat at In-N-Out for the first time since I'm moved back to Nebraska from California.

9. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Im really excited to go to Montreal for New Years. My cousin has an apartment there and hes throwing a big party. I just cant decide on whether or not to make the 7 hour drive,or just fly there.

10. Captain Apathy

Captain Apathy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

My New Year's Eves for the past decade have been a mixture of hits and misses:

NYE 2002 was one of the first times I ever got truly wasted. I drank bacardi limon straight from the bottle and made out with the hottest girl in my school at midnight. Not bad for a 15 year old.

NYE 2003 was another blowout. The cops showed up right after midnight and all 100 kids at the party scattered like pool balls. I found myself in a car with five people I barely knew, and we spent the rest of the night cruising around town, smoking joints, and trying to hit 100 mph on straightaways. Incredibly stupid, but so much fun at the time.

On the other end of the spectrum, I spent NYE 2005 watching Sin City with a couple friends, all of them male. The following year, I found myself on the airport tarmac at precisely 12:00, as my flight from Key West had been delayed. On the plus side, it had been a great vacation.

I don't remember much about last year's NYE. Much of what I do remember involves an attractive and topless Asian girl, so it must have been a good night.

Not sure what I'm doing this year. I'll probably be stuck in DC, so I imagine I'll end up a friend's house or possibly a bar.

11. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmmm.

2005 I took three hits of ecstasy and lost my mind, downed a bottle of jager among other things, puked for 3 straight hours. Yeah, I was a real mature partier. Of course, before the puking, which started around 11:30 I was informed, I had an amazing time.

2006 a friend had a party. A girl I had been trying to get with for awhile basically strung me along all night. I was on ecstasy again, but only one pill this time. Sat in the kitchen talking to said girl, chain smoking cigarettes and sipping beers. Never got any kiss that night. Ended up dating her a few months later, which turned out to be one of my most mature and civil relationships ever. Still, this new year's sucked, but it led to something good.

Last two years have been fun but nothing special. This year I'm guessing that I'm going to forget that I'm in Ohio and end up somewhere very cold with my shirt off/lost. And yeah, I have a flight back to Hawaii New Year's Day, soooo I'll probably be hungover for that, which will suck.

p.s. I don't roll anymore.

12. Liberace

Liberace
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

NYE 2000 Phish Show at Big Cypress, Seminole Indian Reservation. 2 day concert at the bottom of the world, in a swamp, ready to go out to the 2001 A Space Odyssey theme, just in case it was all gonna end. The band played their last set from 11:45 New Year's Eve until Sunrise without a break.

NYE 2003 Dinner at Oak Bar Room(The Plaza), then Times Square, then after party at Bar rented out by friends.

Ever since I got sober and over the age of 25, New Year's just ain't the same. This year, spend it with a mix of extremely drunk and sober friends. Maybe hire a couple strippers for a private party.

13. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Zac Brown used to have his own restaurant on lake Oconee. The wife and I would rent a room at the hotel across the street, and spend the night at his restaurant listening to a future CMA winner perform.

Did I mention it was all-you-can eat and open bar?

Awesome time, I miss that place.

14. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    NYE last year was alright, one of my better ones. Just a friend's place + booze + Wii = good night.

This year, I'll be at home by myself with cheap wines my mom isn't allowed to drink (they'll be away from the 27th, so I might well have liver problems by then). I'm not sociable at the best of times so this setup suits me fine.

Have a drunk night!

15. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My NYE last year was pretty entertaining. Went to a bar in Philly with some people and ended up going home with a friend of a friend of my friend's girlfriend. We ended up screwing on the floor of her friend's apartment about 3 or 4 times with someone passed out of a couch 2 feet behind us. I left the next morning with pretty serious rugburn on my knees and one on my hand that took roughly 2 months to heal. Now I've got a nice dime-shaped scar to remind me what happens when I mostly keep my mouth shut and let alcohol do the heavy lifting. My friend is still dating the same girl so there's a chance I get a repeat performance this year.

16. NMW

NMW
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Last year we spent the night with my wife's Nana, she passed away a week later from lung cancer. We were happy to have those hours with her before she went, this year will be bittersweet.

17. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since 2004 I have spent 2 NYEs abroad and 2 in the U.S.

Abroad they were great times, good people, and everyone out to have a good time.

In the US?

Drunken morons and people trying to fight me and my friends both times. Real downers for the evening I must say. NYE '07/08 I owe not kicking the dudes ass to a cop I knew dragging the guy off.

Fuck NYE and St. Patrick's day.