Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The little things in life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I have to write. A lot. And I have shitty handwriting (thanks brain tumor!). And my pinkie drags on the paper so I always get smears. And I have this OCD about the ink looking nice and consistent even if my handwriting looks like something from a serial killer's notebook. Thus, the Pilot G2 produces an insane amount of joy in my life relative to how cheap and otherwise insignificant it is. I have so many of them at the house and work that there is never one out of reach. I even got my 2-year-old son drawing with them.

Another minor miracle in my life is Quilted Northern Ultra Plush. I will literally starve to death before I skimp on toilet paper. I also am on a very old septic system. Quilted Northern, in my experience, balances those two perfectly. I prefer it to kleenex. If I could find a blanket made out of it, I would. Amazon has it for dirt cheap; I don't care. I would spend five times that if I needed to. I used to swear by charmin but pumping out our septic got really expensive. Fortunately, QN came to the rescue and my ass crack has been smiling ever since.

I'm also gonna throw up my toilet light (thanks for the idea nett) as far as it being insanely beneficial on a nightly basis despite being one of those "really? You bought THAT??" kinda things.

Focus: What in your day-to-day life brings you an insane amount of joy relative to how cheap, insignificant, or otherwise weird it is?

Alt. Focus: What do you just not understand that other people swear by?

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Bump. Oh, and Vodka, my adult sippy cup and the new show I'm kinda hooked on right now, The Mick.

#2 shegirl, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: That first moment you apply finish to a woodworking project after what could be hours and hours of careful sanding and other prep work. It instantly goes from dull and ugly duckling to vibrant and alive.

[​IMG]

Also, day lilies. This is a seasonal thing but they are pretty, there's a lot of variety, and they just keep blooming. Plus they grow about anywhere and fill in space nicely, maybe too well sometimes but again at least the blossoms are nice.

4. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I have a wireless charging pad for my phone. It's ridiculous how much joy it brings me to just put my phone on it to charge and not have to worry about plugging it in. I also have one for my car. Revolutionary.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I wear a suit a lot of the time and nice dress shoes. When I get home from work, I change into my flannel shirt and cargo pants that I got from Walmart for $6. It's so god damn comfortable to dress like a complete slob.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is about as basic as it gets, but a cool glass of water. I like a cold beer on a hot day, but a cool glass of water hits the spot year round. Maybe with one small slice of lemon in the summer.

Fresh sheets on the bed.

I love the feeling of a light breeze on my face on a mild June day. Few things are as relaxing.

The sound of a babbling brook, the water rushing and splashing over the rocks. Pair that with the breeze mentioned above and you've got heaven.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sunshine on my shoulders. Good, warm sunshine.

A shower beer.

A hot shower after a long day.

Taking off my shoes when I get home, and that is only topped by taking off my bra.

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching my wife take off her bra.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

And putting the sock back without her knowing.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

The way my "assistant" and I work together. We've been together so long that we have a great flow. We're safe, efficient, and it gives me warm fuzzies when things fit together almost perfectly. Luckily for me this happens all the time.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like you and your assistant have a very comfortable relationship.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The smell of burning wood coming from any of my smokers. Particularly the cherry trees we get from a friend's farm.

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

We have a little wall of mini art behind the desk at the gallery which is mostly hand-painted cards from the artists we represent, but also some stuff the director's kids made, and then there are these two little dogs:

IMG_4446.JPG

They're apparently from this guy who was a little crazy and would go around to all the galleries in the area submitting these for consideration for representation, and they've kept them on display there ever since. On any given day, I can turn around and look at hundreds of thousands of dollars of fine art, but these stupid little dogs make me SO HAPPY. I just think they're so cute and love looking at them.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit guys! Ever tried something that you thought was gonna be fucking retarded and then been like "oh where have you been all my life"?

I give you, push up stands.

Because I'm really good at making really bad decisions, of course I've broken a bunch of bones in my hands and wrists over the years. Push ups sounded like a drum roll. Haven't done them consistently for years because they consistently hurt after like 25 of them. So I took a swing and tried out those stands, because I'm hell bent on not gaining pregnancy weight with my wife this time.

Those little stands are a fucking game changer!! Yeah, they don't hurt my wrist, that's what they're supposed to do (they allow your hand to rotate like a natural punching motion). If they did just what they were supposed to do I wouldn't be posting about them. What they do that I didn't anticipate is that they allow me to get deeper in the push up, more easily. I can actually feel my back being recruited, or my triceps, when I go wide or narrow, a lot more than I could with just my hands on the ground.

Definitely worth checking out for anyone with about $15 to spare.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I like the smell of a freshly cut lawn while sitting in the shade drinking a beer on a hot summer day.

I like the smell and feel of newly cut sawdust. I could spend all day, every day in an old saw mill.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    The smell of combusted racing fuel always brings a smile to my face.

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty much anything to do with a fast car. Donuts, burnouts, rowing the gears. Anytime I'm having a shitty day, I can take the Z06 out, break multiple traffic laws and put a smile on my face.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh. A Jeep in the mud. The smell of saddle leather. Yes please.

19. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same, but mine is a GSX-R750 and hitting 200kph/120mph is 10seconds or so is such a great feeling.

20. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm with Wexton. I have a 600, which is still quicker than almost any car. Nothing like twisting the throttle and being gone.