Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Lazy Mod Drunk Thread 7/8/11!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue Dog, Jul 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

My favorite way to spend a summer day in New York is to head down to Brighton Beach around lunch time. Walk around the Russian markets and pick out some new, interesting food and take it to the boardwalk or beach for a picnic. Spend the afternoon at the beach, and then start to make your way to Coney Island. Get a Nathan's hotdog, and then catch a Cyclones game around dinner time.

I spend most of my time in the Lower East Side and East Village. Get Polish food (and go thrift-shopping if you're a girl, which I embarrassingly can't remember) in the East Village, and then generally eat and drink your way around the LES, which has the best Jew food and desserts ever. I almost always go there when I go out. Happy Ending and Home Sweet Home are on opposite sides of the spectrum (the first is a Dancehall club, the other is a hipstery dance club), but they're a lot of fun to go dancing, if you're into that. The place is filled with bars, ranging from dives to really high end lounges, so you're not going to have a bad night there.

Get dim sum at the place on Elizabeth St. (Turn right onto it if you're facing the bridge. It's huge and there will probably be a lot of people waiting, but it goes quickly.)

Get Greek food at Opa! Opa! in Astoria.

It's getting touristy, I think, but go to The Strand. If you like books, Book Court and Greenlight Bookstore in Cobble Hill and Fort Greene are awesome, and they have great events.

Definitely go to Governor's Island before the summer's out.

Go to Dough in Bedstuy. Those donuts will change your life, I swear to god. Get some soul food while you're in the area. I like Five Spot.

Cobble Hill is a pretty neighborhood, and it also has the cheapest movie theater in the city. (That might not be true, but regardless, it's cheap.)

Alphabet City is starting to get some cool spots. I like Common Ground (they have a good trivia night on Wednesdays) and I had amazing tapas at Nai Tapas a few months ago.

Check Time Out NY every day. It's basically the Bible.

I'll stop now.

2. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Wait, is this a "listen to bitching and venting" moment or an "offer advice moment"? HMMM!

3. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Work sucks. Brought home a case of beer. Will try everything to forget about Monday between now and Sunday night. Just like I do every other fucking day of the week.

Tomorrow I go to a race track to watch cars zoom around. And do you know whose idea it was? My girlfriend's. She wanted to go because she'd think I would like it and it would be cute for us to go together and me explain to her what's going on. I don't know what to say about this. Maybe I can parlay it into her doing other things for me that she otherwise wouldn't enjoy. Eh?

4. amjoyce

amjoyce
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I can't wait for the shit-show that will undoubtedly occur this weekend.

My friends mom is throwing a party that involves swingers, a DJ/Stripper husband and wife team, open bar, free food, and several of my mid twenties friends. Time to go shopping for a cougar.

Does anyone know where I can find the uncensored video of Sara Underwood's nude bike ride from G4?

[​IMG]

5. justinarelost

justinarelost
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Drinking Woodchuck Cider and Summer Love Victory Ale. Summer is the best.

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was on a vacation around Lake Superior for the past two days and had a ton of great sex. That is all that matters.

Now it's the weekend. I think I'll have a beer.

7. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK YEW

8. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

About time you did something with wood besides carve it.

9. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody have suggestions for Montreal? Thanks to shitty planning by us, the dude and I got to spend approximately 4 hours together before he had to leave for the weekend, leaving me with nothing to do.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In order...

1. get some Schwartz's smoked meat
    2. get some bagels from St. Viateur
    3. get some poutine (the green spoon has been recommended to me, but I didn't try it personally)

And combine them into the most Montrealais sandwich ever known to man. I've spent the last two summers in the Montreal region and have never gotten to do this. It is one of my few regrets in life.

11. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why are people in Calgary dancing around like jackasses dressed like people from the old West?

12. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have 8 hours of country music a day in my future, every day I work. I believe this is moral grounds for murder, and also for constant intoxication.

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Turn it off when you're done. It takes about 30 seconds to heat up when you turn it on, so save on your electric bill and keep it off unless you're using it.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like music and that, I'm probably going to hit up either Arlene's Grocery or Cake Shop tonight, so any other good places for that would be what I'm looking for. Any kind of music as well, if there's places that do specific stuff.

As for food, I'm open to a lot but I'm not a huge fan of Middle Eastern food. So anything you can recommend. Also, anywhere that's cheap and not terrible for you would be good.

Something between blue and green/ Sometimes/ Depends on the fish/ Yes/ Not really/ People who's only means of communication are whining/ Boomer and Cleo, and... Mrs. Slusarz? I don't even know if that's how you spell it.

Other than that, anything that you can think of that's just somewhere that I should visit.

Shit, that's a lot. Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at the places you mentioned, and that Time Out NY site looks wonderful.

15. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My friend just called and told me the funniest fucking joke ever.

"Hey, I left half a bottle of Johnny Walker Black at your place, I hid it in the corner. Could you keep it for me until next weekend?"

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Funny friend.

16. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just walk, dude. Walk and walk and walk. Day and night. If you go from place to place based on an itinerary, you miss all the stuff in between you were never looking for, and that's the best part of this city. There is something everywhere.

It's also Sundress Season. The sidewalks are like feminine art galleries for the next three months. Appreciate it.

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I like walking around the Village a lot. If you're into hookah, that's a fairly chill way to spend a night, though it can get pretty pricy. If you happen to be tipsy/drunk in the East Village and you're hungry, stop by Mamoun's. It's on St. Mark's between 2nd and 3rd and makes a pretty good falafel that's almost as cheap and much better than dollar slices. If you're into fries, stop by Pomme Frites, which is...on 7th and 1st maybe? I forget. Anyway, huge homemade fries with a bunch of different sauces. Both the above options can be vegan, if for some reason that's important. Let me think of a few more eateries and I'll get back to you.

Second the Strand. What kind of music do you like? That'll help determine what venue is right.

For drinking, try a beer garden. There's one in Astoria that's pretty big, and they have live music and dancing and stuff sometimes. Drinking outside is a rite of summer.

You might know this, but Times Square is so stupid. There's not actually anything to do there, and everything is expensive and dumb. If you want to neighborhood wander, try Harlem, downtown Brooklyn, Flushing, the Village, mix it up a bit. Flushing is especially good if you only speak Chinese. This is embarrassing, but I can't remember if you only speak Chinese or not.

More to come as I think of it. I'll be in NY tomorrow too, btw.

18. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

New Transformer 3 girl giving lap dance. Nip slip in there somewhere

#158 Durej, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it "No Black People Saturday" in Boston already? The time does fly.

20. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Yeah. They just call it Saturday here though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.