Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Halloween Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dixiebandit69, Oct 23, 2019.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe it's almost Halloween, and we haven't started a thread for it.

FOCUS: Y'all know what to do: Post costume photos, recommend scary movies, tell funny/ scary stories, etc.

Jungle Julia has found the centerpiece of her costume this year; at the very least, we can get a lot of mileage out of it in the bedroom:
    Jungle Julia - mask.jpg

Revengeofthenerds likes this.
  2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I think I’m dressing up as some character from Daniel Tiger or some shit. Whatever my wife roped me into for my daughter. I don’t know if you can take an 18 month old trick-or-treating so I don’t get the point.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You can take them, the good thing is it won’t last long. They get tired quick or freaked out when they’re a toddler. Just a few houses on your street should do the trick because chances are they don’t really know what the fuck is going on yet.

It’s a busy decorating weekend for us, with thirty pumpkins to carve as well. This year’s addition are packing tape ghosts I made out of mouldings my kid, very freaky when you shine blue light through them.

4. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

No kids ourselves but the neighborhood is full of em. Last year, between the 25 bajillion children coming by and the fact that I ate half the candy before Halloween, we ran out in less than 15min.

This year we are correcting some mistakes. We bought a few bags and I had my husband hide them from me because i have zero self control. I am about to purchase dog costumes now. It's looking like one will wear a lion's mane and tail and the other gets to be a peacock. They hate wearing stuff so they will be extra pathetic and it will be hilarious. I might throw up a baby gate at the front door if the weather is nice and leave the front door open. I think the neighborhood kids will get a kick out of the dogs.

I live a very exotic lifestyle. Don't be too jealous.

5. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't dress up for Halloween, it's just not my thing. But I enjoy going to our lodge Halloween party to see what everyone else came up with, and just enjoy the fun. Last night several people asked where my costume was and I told them, "This is my costume, I'm an honest politician. But no one's ever seen one so no one really knows what they look like." It got some laughs.

What I briefly thought about was going full tilt and dressing up as Trump with a full head mask, suit, etc. and never take it off the whole night. Make people wonder the whole time who was under the mask. Except I would have to let the barkeep in on it since I'd have to show her my card to order a drink or even be in there. Then leave, no one knowing who I was. Then go back the next day and listen to the conversation about it.

The flaws in that plan would be I can't see a foot in front of my face without glasses, and probably wouldn't be able to have a drink unless I drank it through a straw.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night I guess was the night for grown up Halloween drinking as opposed to next weekend. I half assed bought a joker mask and tried hitting up a friend who was having a house party. I had forgot my credit card at a restaurant I went to Friday across town by the time I got back and the girl hit me back they were going all the way on the other side of town to a bar district I wasn't in love with going to. I stayed in. Getting old and hangovers till Tuesday, meh. For a neighborhood that has a decent number of young kids we only get maybe 25ish children on Halloween.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Well fuck me I didn't realize this was a halloween thread when I posted here... my bad for fucking it all up.

8. greybeard

greybeard
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Happy Halloween, fellow idiots. Here's Jungle Julia and I, ready for Dia de los Muertos (she's Mexican, after all):

Halloween 2019.jpg

Our other idea was to go as Gomez and Morticia Addams; maybe next year.

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know what I don't like about that article? It DEMONIZES Halloween (see what I did there?) and doesn't say a Goddam word about the most in-your-face US holiday, CHRISTMAS.
    Jesus H. Christ, I hate Christmas more and more every year.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Halloween has no pressure. You do whatever you want. You don’t HAVE to buy anything, you don’t HAVE to be anywhere. No guilt, and no commercials because everything is racist now.

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last year we had one group of kids (my stepson and his friends) This year we had one kid. It was the new neighbors walking their 9 month old around so they could meet the neighborhood. They were really nice people though, ended up inviting them in and showing them the kitchen as they have the same layout house that we have.

Based on FB this morning, it seems your neighborhood was crazy busy or just dead. My brothers house had at least 40 kids come through.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, we had maybe 10 young kids and then 4 older kids who were probably heading to university next year... we also had some pretty strong wind and rain. The neighbour 2 doors down made it 3 houses before the bunch of umbrellas he had were all fucked up and useless. He was not impressed, but he was resigned to his fate.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

last year I wore one of those inflatable trex costumes. It was great with the wind and rain because it was like a whole-body poncho. I was the only one who was dry and comfy.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alas, another close to the Halloween thread without @Roxanne posting her costume from this year. I reused my Hopper (Stranger Things) costume from last year. One kid pointed to my badge and asked if it was real. Uh, well, it's not imaginary . . . but Hawkins is a fictional town and I am not actually the police Chief, so . . .

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We had about 300 kids, way down from usual because of horrible weather. Our next door neighbour had seven kids.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I keep fucking up and scheduling trips for Halloween, so I have no reason to make a costume. This year I had nowhere to go again, but I tried to put together an Esmeralda costume (from Hunchback of Notre Dame) in the hopes that at a later date I could convince some Catholic inquisitor to get a shame boner and try to murder/fuck me.

Naturally the internet colors for the corset and wrap were way different than what arrived, so it looks nothing like the character and now I just have an arbitrary gypsy costume to wear. Not all lost though, I plan to wear it when my friends ask me to watch their babies, and then steal them.

esmeralda.png

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My wife now gives Werther's to teenagers who don’t wear costumes but expect a handout. THERE’S your candy, you lazy old fuck!