Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The Halloween Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by happyfunball, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Use a hamster/ rabbit water feeder. You can't fill it from the outside, but can still drink from it.

2. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

From a second year of no Halloween to a likely motor-home party jumping mobile, I am now building a costume again. No time for fancy though it's time to go buy liquid latex and a few extra shades of makeup and try working out a "walking Dead" worthy zombie. Bite and bone on arm, and partial ripped off face should suffice.

Or maybe just go like Parkers crotch and have a bunch of sores.

(there was no call for that)

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is clever.

[​IMG]

6. Dude

Dude
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Embracing my crafty side and scratch building an iron man helmet. I've got the structure all finished out of cardboard, still need to go back in and smooth it out with some kind of filler and then seal it with glue before painting it.

Unfortunately I don't have the time or the motivation to build the whole suit (maybe another year) so I think I'm going to just rock the helmet and the glow-y chest thing.

Luckily I also have a chef's jacket laying around somewhere so I can always be "The Iron Chef"

7. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It has been settled... my girlfriend and I will try the American Gothic painting costume a go. Time to hit the thrift shops for an old dress for her and big picture frame.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't really thought about it yet. If I do end up doing anything Ill keep it simple. Looking at those 55 ideas on the chive you see a lot of clever ideas whose execution would be a complete buzzkill for the wearer out partying. Take for example the one night stand idea. Clever no doubt, lugging that shit around all night trying to maneuver through drunk ass people the whole night would be a fucking bitch. Shit I went as Christian Troy from Nip/Tuck one year and had a surgical mask that I tried wearing, tried cutting a hole in it to drink then eventually just wearing it around my neck, shit got hot and impeded drinking. Fuck if Im going to go partying as a big ass tetris piece.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

We'll be in the middle of traveling so there won't be time or opportunity to throw a costume together, but el husband and I will be in LA with an old friend of his from back home. Apparently there are parties in the streets and everybody either has really elaborate costumes or are outright naked, so I'll be standing around in my jeans just soaking it all in.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is a great point. Props are fun (and as a single dude, seem to attract women and are great conversation starters) but they become annoying in some way or another. Two years ago, I went as a old timey gentleman with a top hat, cane, monocle, and gloves, along with a great moustache. The moustache lasted about an hour and by the end I was annoyed with the gloves cause I couldn't operate my phone and the hat was uncomfortable. The monocle wouldn't stay on my face for more than 5 minutes. About the only awesome thing was the cane, but that still had to go under my arm.

This year, being in NO and bar hopping, its going to be even more potentially obnoxious. I already scrapped my previous costume idea for that reason. But at the same time, I don't want to do some bullshit like a construction worker or a ref or something played out. Suggestions are more than welcome. At least it will be 65-70 degrees so I don't have to worry about being cold as hell.

11. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Facepaint is cool for the first 5 minutes and then becomes a messy pain in the ass. Never again.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah face paint sucks but cumbersome costumes are the worst. At my old bar, every Halloween this one 6'5" asshole would dress a milk carton made from a fridge box. Halloween night was the busiest night of the year and this idiot would constantly gridlock the entire bar area all the while not giving a shit.

Never wear anything that doesn't allow you to cut through a crowd.

Nothing beats the November 1st one night stand walk of shames. There's nothing like watching dome dude walking back to his dorm in the morning in a caveman loincloth and carrying a plastic club.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Tomorrow at work everyone has to dress up for this Halloween thing we're doing for our customers. I'm part of the admin team, so we all have to dress the same. One of the ladies suggested we "dress like rednecks and wear plaid" thinking it'd be easy, since we're in Texas and apparently all of them own a plaid shirt... except for me.

After work today I went into a western wear shop and asked where their cheap cowboy hats are (I don't own one of those either). Mentioned it was for a Halloween costume, and I immediately got death stares from all the employees and customers within earshot. It was like I walked into a mosque and yelled "I'm gonna be YOU for Halloween!!"

And yeah, apparently I'm the only Texan who doesn't own a plaid shirt and a cowboy hat.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The emo pumpkin carves itself just so it can feel.

15. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've done annoying makeup costumes, and then learned that if I used good quality make up and other materials it wasn't overly noticeable for the evening. Ben Nye is top notch as is mehron makeup and liquid latex.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Christ I have to do two Halloween dances in the next few days but I finally get to go to a Halloween party tomorrow, drink and dress up for the first timein a few years.

I'm think going to go with Slash as a costume. I even have a fake Les Paul that looks like his. No nose ring, though.

17. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will go as Axl and we can actively not talk to each other.

18. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Giraffes were a huge success last night. I highly recommend any costume with a tail or big plush head girls can bop as they walk by. It's like slut catnip.

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I ALWAYS used to clean up at Halloween parties wearing nothing but a simple animal costume or something. If you all remember the monkey hat picture of Otto, my dog , that was part of my last years costume.

It's amazing how little it takes to bring the inner furry out of those chicks.

20. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

American Gothic was a success:

[​IMG]

We were at a house party and I just kept the frame and pitchfork in a corner when they weren't needed (99% of the time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.